3 Outdoor Jacks & 1 Hash Passion

For added value you could say....

Full Moon infused water from a Temple well in the Tibetan mountain range.

But I think your market might be fitness enthusiasts more so than cannabis enthusiasts unless you have a study done?

Have you seen a noticeable difference?

For added value you could say....

Full Moon infused water from a Temple well in the Tibetan mountain range.

But I think your market might be fitness enthusiasts more so than cannabis enthusiasts unless you have a study done?

Have you seen a noticeable difference?
i was just rambling...last night was the first time i ever infused my water with the moon! totally making it up as i went along. but even if it was 5-10 cents more than regular water, people would go for it...this one has potential...and i don't have any March 2019 full moon water!!!

What a roaring opening and photo post! All read and caught up and going to hang around for the flower show! Well done man!
Also a BC'R, northwest coast.

:morenutes:

I'm happy to see that many on here name their plants - my wife just smiles and rolls her eyes!!!
She just doesn't get it !!! :battingeyelashes:
My current 2 girls are Thelma and Louise in coco.

last night was the first time i ever infused my water with the moon!
Hey - I collect the rainwater off my shop roof - does that count as moon infused???!!!??? I think we have a full moon coming up soon.

Hey - I collect the rainwater off my shop roof - does that count as moon infused???!!!??? I think we have a full moon coming up soon.
thanks greenjeans...in my book yes, it counts!

and i do believe the significance of the moon on plants is overlooked...and this whole moon bathed/infused water has got some serious potential...i like @GHempster 's idea...from a Tibetan well, priceless.

@Canuckush ...welcome to a little humour from interior BC Canada

don't really know why i joined a forum and surf endlessly on people's grows. this is unreal here.

i found about about cannabis in grade 10, back in 1986. that's a whole other story that will come up again i'm sure. my mom found some rolling papers in a down vest i used to wear. she was kind of devastated for a while.

here's a jade plant i've had for 14 years which was given to me by a friend when she sold her house in the neighborhood. she got the jade plant when she moved in as a housewarming gift. This Jade plant is 22 or 23 years young. I had it on my deck last year and she exploded with growth. Just lush green leaves, shiny, a real darling. she ended up on my deck one night and the temp dropped to -2 C and she suffered some freezing in her tissues. cell wall ruptures everywhere. i had to prune her back quite dramatically and she is recovering from the drastic action. I'm hoping her globe shape she had before will return once she redirects her meristem cell growth. sounds kind of dirty, but adaptation is key. this plant is well endeared...just sharing another layer of self...

Attachments

• 20190810_185443.jpg
    20190810_185443.jpg
    851.5 KB · Views: 55
Hey Lion! You've got some big girls there, they look healthy and strong. :high-five:
I would usually never recommend to anyone to transplant once their plants are transitioning into bloom as it could halt flowering, however restricted roots will cause your plant to struggle to produce those nice buds you're looking for so i'd say you've made the right call to transplant. You're sure gonna need an extra hand when transplanting those big girls! :goof:
I grow my cannabis in fabric pots indoors & outdoors, i feel there are many benefits over growing with plastic pots so i'll break it down for you quickly:
  1. Natural air pruning of roots that does not occur in plastic pots. With plastic pots the plant's roots reach the edge of the container and are forced to circle the container in search of a friendlier environment. As these roots circle, minimal lateral root branching will occur. So with fabrics pots - as the roots reach the container's edge its root tips are trapped by the fabric and when they meet the air on the outside of the pot they are naturally pruned. This pruning process forces lateral branching of fibrous feeder roots to develop on the roots that are still within the pot. So i do believe it builds a not only stronger, but also more productive root ball to work with. Take a good look at your roots when you transplant, i believe there will be quite a few roots circling & some even choking eachother.
  2. Better aeration - the fabric allows air to enter the root zone from all surfaces of the container whereas with a plastic pot it is only from the top. The aeration provides a healthy environment for the roots by supporting the beneficial microorganisms and bacteria in your living soil mix that you put together. Oxygen is also necessary to diffuse carbon dioxide away from the roots caused by the respiration of root cells and microorganisms. The aeration also helps in keeping a cool temperature in your root zone, especially outdoors! I'm sure you've felt one of your pots before on a hot day, seriously hot huh? The roots are cooking in there and the living beneficial microbes are dying off, thus slowing down your nutrient uptake capabilities.
  3. Drainage - this is one benefit i knew you would like after reading about your almost daily watering schedule and your worry about being unsure if you are over watering. It's uncommon for growers in fabric pots to run into overwatering as you've got drainage from all sides and the added air flow allows your soil to dry out evenly. With less risk of overwatering you are also at less risk of root rot and root diseases.
There are probably a couple more benefits and maybe some flaws to fabric pots over plastic pots, but just looking at those few points i can't see why someone would choose to grow in plastic over fabric pots.
Happy growing Lion! i look forward to seeing some flowers showing up on your plants in the next few weeks. :morenutes:

I think I will try the fabric pot next time - I am in laundry tubs and the roots are right out to the edge. I put 4" wide corner pieces in that are drilled full of holes to add extra air - don't know if it helps but I figured it can't hurt.

Hey Lion! You've got some big girls there, they look healthy and strong. :high-five:
I would usually never recommend to anyone to transplant once their plants are transitioning into bloom as it could halt flowering, however restricted roots will cause your plant to struggle to produce those nice buds you're looking for so i'd say you've made the right call to transplant. You're sure gonna need an extra hand when transplanting those big girls! :goof:
I grow my cannabis in fabric pots indoors & outdoors, i feel there are many benefits over growing with plastic pots so i'll break it down for you quickly:
  1. Natural air pruning of roots that does not occur in plastic pots. With plastic pots the plant's roots reach the edge of the container and are forced to circle the container in search of a friendlier environment. As these roots circle, minimal lateral root branching will occur. So with fabrics pots - as the roots reach the container's edge its root tips are trapped by the fabric and when they meet the air on the outside of the pot they are naturally pruned. This pruning process forces lateral branching of fibrous feeder roots to develop on the roots that are still within the pot. So i do believe it builds a not only stronger, but also more productive root ball to work with. Take a good look at your roots when you transplant, i believe there will be quite a few roots circling & some even choking eachother.
  2. Better aeration - the fabric allows air to enter the root zone from all surfaces of the container whereas with a plastic pot it is only from the top. The aeration provides a healthy environment for the roots by supporting the beneficial microorganisms and bacteria in your living soil mix that you put together. Oxygen is also necessary to diffuse carbon dioxide away from the roots caused by the respiration of root cells and microorganisms. The aeration also helps in keeping a cool temperature in your root zone, especially outdoors! I'm sure you've felt one of your pots before on a hot day, seriously hot huh? The roots are cooking in there and the living beneficial microbes are dying off, thus slowing down your nutrient uptake capabilities.
  3. Drainage - this is one benefit i knew you would like after reading about your almost daily watering schedule and your worry about being unsure if you are over watering. It's uncommon for growers in fabric pots to run into overwatering as you've got drainage from all sides and the added air flow allows your soil to dry out evenly. With less risk of overwatering you are also at less risk of root rot and root diseases.
There are probably a couple more benefits and maybe some flaws to fabric pots over plastic pots, but just looking at those few points i can't see why someone would choose to grow in plastic over fabric pots.
Happy growing Lion! i look forward to seeing some flowers showing up on your plants in the next few weeks. :morenutes:
irie,
I have been quietly aware of the limitations of my container size (plastic pot) but persuaded myself to think "I don't need these to get bigger" , but that is not the point. as you point out, it's about the complete health of the plant. I'm moving in the right direction and will have to deal with the delay if and when it happens from veg to flower. rookie move to have the pot size too small from the get go. lesson learned.

thanks for your input, I do appreciate all the educated observations and experienced eyes on my ladies. from one lion to another...

go tell the world rastafari is a conqueror!
prince of peace, lord of lords, concrete lion of judah

if you like reggae, check out Big Sugar Yardstyle...

hey ya'll,
i just put a short shift in the garden upsizing 2 of the ladies into the 10 gallon fabric pots that showed up today! enjoyed a bit of hash and black kush and got down to business. Alice (she sits on the stump) was the first to go through the process, admittedly a bit rushed. definitely root bound. i let the girls dry up a bit for the last day and a half before the procedure. they were showing the wilt and looked thirsty. soil came up in one solid mass, like a dream. definitely thirsty and bound up. had the 10 gallon fabric pot all set up, well mixed combo of black earth, composted manure, and garden soil.

this is the same mix that has got them to where they are now...alice's plastic pot narrowed at the bottom to fit into the built-in drainbasin that was part her pot which complicated things a bit. i could have prepped the bag a bit better at the interface of existing soil to new soil and i corrected this on Sindy's transplant! that area at the bottom of the pot narrowed down so there is a bit of a cavity of loose soil that i tried to fill all the little nooks and crannies, but just couldn't get to all of them in the fabric pot.

the diameter of old pot is just slightly smaller than the fabric bag. if centred just right, there was about the width of my index between the inside of the fabric bag and the soil "plug" from the previous container. i made a nozzle with my thumb and sprayed Alice's/Sindy's root plug/soil to give the roots some room. Picking away with fingers and screwdrivers is way more damaging than tiny little bit of water. i was flowing the nozzle at a rate of 2 litres/minute so very little water was spraying at the roots during my "irrigation". just trying to give 'em some room. this "spraying" irrigates the root plug of soil at the bottom and probably disrupts some beneficial relationships that were happening between microbugs and finest little root hairs/soil but the benefit of letting dem roots run free and dive deeper should have been done long ago. my bad.

i gained about the height of the milk jug for roots to explore. quite the increase... probably doubled the size of the available soil for these ladies. i'm so sorry for holding you back girls. the lessons we learn while on the grow eh?
i just hope that interface of hard dry soil meeting the new lush empty space goes as i'm hoping.. when i upsized them into the pots they are in now, i remember taking the skin of a bbq'd spring salmon and putting the skin near them bottom of one of the pots. one of these ladies is digesting spring salmon and putting into her tissues...smoked salmon all over again in a few months...

once all nestled in the fabric i gave them a good big drink. i fluffed up the new soil mix in the bottom of the fabric planter before the transplant so there will be lots of air space. they got about a half gallon initially, then another half gallon after a few minutes. i massaged the interface from old root ball to new fluffy soil and was basically bear hugging the fabric planter and working my shoulder into the root space to work in the new soil to fill the cavity. fingers crossed they don't freak out for too long. i gave them another 2 litres after the "massage". i'm not sure Athena's procedure will go as smooth. the diameter of the plastic planter whe's in now is bigger than the diameter of the fabric bag so i'm strategizing. Bertha will be do-able but it'll be tricky.

here's the moon passing by...i've got 4 milk jugs filled with water bathing in the moonlight. i'll give the girls a drink in the morning with this special water. something i'm trying for the rest of the grow...pre-fill my water jugs the night before and let the water soak up the glow of the moon...some celestial forces will act on the water molecules and align the frequency of the water with that of the plant...it's true...special buzz... as i write this, i'm inserting the images into the text so it doesn't come out as one long novel with a bunch of photos at the bottom, but i see it is attaching them as well. i hope my inserting images works...sorry if not and thanks if you stuck around til the end...

Hey brother lion! Awesome job with the transplant, it's not always easy with big pots. No doubt she is going to thank you for the extra root space with some good growth! :morenutes:
if you like reggae, check out Big Sugar Yardstyle...
I dig it!

Hey brother lion! Awesome job with the transplant, it's not always easy with big pots. No doubt she is going to thank you for the extra root space with some good growth! :morenutes:

I dig it!
irie!
all i can do is thank this site and the farmers that be growing...just need a little shove every now and then and into the "uncomfort" zone. i would have left the girls in their pots and convinced me self it was "all good". i'm stoked that i upsized this late but wasn't prepared to do it until all da growers on here says "DO IT". so glad.
happy full moon

There is a lot we do not know about water. A religious person can bless water and change the water by doing so. Monks were doing so merely by inscribing symbols on the containers. So infusing with moon light or better yet full moonlight most likely does something for sure and as long as your yard follows feng shui all the power nature can provide should be on yourside.

:Namaste:

Heres to moon infused water. If you go into business I'm in. :idea: lol.

I'm infusing right now to feed my outdoor girls :thumb:

Yeah GHempster, tonight's the night for infusing my friend!

totally just made me laugh out loud yo! weez gotta believe the moon plays a role too. been reading about it lately...lots of thoughts/beliefs/customs on when to germinate seeds with greater success in sync with the lunar phases (waxing vs. waning). story is that it is best to germinate seeds when the moon is waning. obviously the story talks about the "harvest moon". gravitational force on the water molecules at full moon is pulling hard on the plant, drawing sugars and new growth to the tips of leaves (flowers), reaching upwards(filling them with goodness). during the waning moon, the gravitational forces pull new growth down to the roots...fascinating stuff...sure is fun to include the moon into the ritual.
i think we should get serious about this water business...laughing out loud!!! peace brother...

Here's Sindy the morning after...i don't want to jinx it, but you can hardly tell anything even happened...

and here's Alice

so these ladies and i thank you for putting up with my dithering about the transplant. so glad..

the hashish plant is in a 15" diameter pot that is 13" " deep. i only had 10" of soil in the pot, so i pulled her out of the pot, irrigated her rootball and poured another 4" of soil into the pot and put Athena (the hashiish plant) back into her original pot. i feathered the soil into the same pot but gave this little lady a chance to go deep and really produce...i am so stoked i upsized the plants. THANK YOU ALL for sharing your wisdom/patience/knowledge/love/willingness/passion and good vibes...peace on

Have setup my indoor grow to simulate moonlight and I am designating 4 large glass jars to infuse water outside. The water I was using was in a blue water barrel so I don't think it gets the full effect.

I am also gonna designate 4 jars just for full moon time.

For added fun I know a minister of faith. I am going to get her to bless a couple jars for me and I will use on one

I'm gonna run all clones for this first run to see if any differences at all.

Thanks for this great idea and I'm gonna do it for now on. Very interesting and fun.

Back
Top Bottom