3 Strain - Aurora Indica - Wonder Woman & Haze #1 - Nirvana Grow

I follow few soil grows. When good results happen, I :adore: either good grow chops or brilliant luck. With hydro you know what's in there, in dirt you don't. Hydro methods in coco coir give me the best of all worlds, plus it's cheaper than dirt.
If you do coco, H&G Cocos is European and excellent. BPN that I use is American homebrew, and costly to ship to you.

I follow few soil grows. When good results happen, I :adore: either good grow chops or brilliant luck. With hydro you know what's in there, in dirt you don't. Hydro methods in coco coir give me the best of all worlds, plus it's cheaper than dirt.
If you do coco, H&G Cocos is European and excellent. BPN that I use is American homebrew, and costly to ship to you.

Hey Gator I've been dying to see what those BPN nutes are like, from seeing other grows using them they look great. After I get some mothers established I'm going to hopefully start a hempy grow after I flower my current girls. I have 3 bags of canna coco plus+ that are taking up space so I wanna use them up, also have canna coco nutes, I might take a clone and put it in coco and see how it goes.

lol your LST is a maze lol i like your style of tieing. get ready for those things to start booming with results. i love LST. :goodjob:

Thanks Chief, I'm a huge fan of LST I even use it on my outdoor grows with a bit of fishing line. I hope to train them to go around the rim of the pots buts I've been a bit lazy lately so I'm gonna tie them down some more tonight and open up the canopy a bit more.

What is a "hempy grow"?

A grow using 2l soda bottles as pots and putting rooted clones straight into flower from start to finish. Usually many bottles are placed in the flowering room for a SOG and the bottles also have a hole placed in the side not too far from the bottom to act as a reservoir for the roots.A perlite/vermiculite mix and just coco seem to be popular substrates. That's the basics of it I think, I'm still learning myself.

Hey Gator I've been dying to see what those BPN nutes are like, from seeing other grows using them they look great. After I get some mothers established I'm going to hopefully start a hempy grow after I flower my current girls. I have 3 bags of canna coco plus+ that are taking up space so I wanna use them up, also have canna coco nutes, I might take a clone and put it in coco and see how it goes.
Any "brand name" nutrient that brags effectivness in coco coir is likely to be.
1 or 2% is the likely difference if that, between any brand and the best.
Air quality is likely to have a more variable impact on results, than nute brand.

"What is a 'hempy' grow?"
Two inch deep reservoir is the distiction of 'hempy'. IMO, coco coir should not have, and certainly doesn't need a puddle at the bottom of the pot. Top down feed/irrigation with an overflow out the bottom is my style choice. It's called water-to-waste. Many commercial producers of tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, and other crops use coco coir or rockwool this way.

Cut a 4" branch end, trim lower leaves and stick it into coco coir with some gel or liquid rooting hormone stuff like KLM, that I use. In 45% RH or more air, no cover-dome is necessary. :goodluck:

Thanks for the info Gator like I said I'm still learning. I have a question for you if you wouldn't mind answering? When I'm getting the coco coir ready for the clones to be put in after they are cut and dipped, should I have the coco watered with just ph'd water or with a light feed added?

I fill the one pint pots then rinse the coir thoroughly, and let them drain. I pour on normal veg feed, then let that drain. I use a dibble stick, and put the cut & dipped clones in, then squirt a teaspoon of 10% KLM next to stuck stem.
Next step is important: Don't touch them for two weeks, till after there are roots evidenced by new growth. They can stay in pint pots for three or four weeks, or more.
I don't pH adjust my water, it is 6.5 from the tap. The flow-through excess is lower, so I just accept success and try not to wonder too much about it

yea im a huge fan of LST also. it makes plants grow real bushy and wide. i love that method. i'm going to grow 1 more plant standing straight up for an experiment for myself on LST vs non LST. for the rest of my growing days i will be LSTing ALL my plants.

Would be interesting to see a side by side grow like that. The only drawback I find with LST is when I want to check my roots I have to untie every bit of string to tip the plant out upside down , but that's a minor inconvenience and I know for a fact from clones I had outdoors I had most LST'd but left some alone and my LST'd girls definatly had much more weight on them and just looked like a dense bush compared to the no LST.

Would be interesting to see a side by side grow like that. The only drawback I find with LST is when I want to check my roots I have to untie every bit of string to tip the plant out upside down , but that's a minor inconvenience and I know for a fact from clones I had outdoors I had most LST'd but left some alone and my LST'd girls definatly had much more weight on them and just looked like a dense bush compared to the no LST.

theres a minor tweak you can do to your method to make the untieing go away. if you use garbage bag ties and tape the ties to the side of your mesh pot you wont have to worry about untieing. now that youve already gotten the tieing going i'd say just finish off with that anyway. sounds like you dont mind the few extra seconds to take a peek. isn't too bad though. at least you havent forgotten yet and ripped a branch off lol

theres a minor tweak you can do to your method to make the untieing go away. if you use garbage bag ties and tape the ties to the side of your mesh pot you wont have to worry about untieing. now that youve already gotten the tieing going i'd say just finish off with that anyway. sounds like you dont mind the few extra seconds to take a peek. isn't too bad though. at least you havent forgotten yet and ripped a branch off lol

Thanks for the tip buddy , now I know for next time. Yeah I nearly forgot one branch but thank god I have coloured string lol. The hazes are already about 11" when measured so gonna wait for the WW and the AI which are at about 7" to get to 12" and then repot, veg for another week then throw them into flower. Can't wait to start flowering these girls.

UPDATE DAY 42

Ok so here is a pic of what they looked like yesterday before the feed.

Wonder Woman
lst2_002.jpg

Aurora Indica
lst2_004.jpg

First Haze #1
lst2_006.jpg

Second Haze #1
lst2_008.jpg

Your Wonder Woman is showing a lot of vigor. I have some Aurora seeds stashed myself waiting for a tandem grow with Jock Horror so I can make a heavy duty cross. A friend grew som Aurora and it ended up being a really sticky type cured bud mostly good in a pipe. Don't plan on doing much after a couple hits and especially don't drive.

Your Wonder Woman is showing a lot of vigor. I have some Aurora seeds stashed myself waiting for a tandem grow with Jock Horror so I can make a heavy duty cross. A friend grew som Aurora and it ended up being a really sticky type cured bud mostly good in a pipe. Don't plan on doing much after a couple hits and especially don't drive.

Thanks Doc, yeah the wonder woman is comming along very nicely. Oh my god tho one of the biggest details on my grow I've been leaving out is that the Aurora Indica fuckin STINKS lol, the Wonder woman and haze don't even smell at all so far. I'm gonna be getting some of the Ona deodorizer to mask the smell soon, anybody ever used this stuff? Nice description of the A.I smoke, that's what I need as I suffer from insomnia and refuse to take sleeping pills as I hate the drugged hangover that I get off them.

Also, I took my last clones off the girls last night, so once the wonder woman and the aurora reach about 12" I'll be throwing them into flower. Gonna check the root systems on all the plants tonight as I'm seeing quite a few at the bottom of the pots, then re-tie them again. Will post up some pics tomorrow of everything. I've been dying to get some air-pots but my hydro store won't have any for another week or two so I might have to go with the ordinary square ones.

Back
Top Bottom