3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disaster!

Re: 3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disas

Hey guys, a little input requested here...

On my Blue Cheese #1, I've noticed a shit ton of growth on all the tops. There are about 14 tops, and almost all of them look like the picture to follow. Only one other plant had this type of growth, it's just not as pronounced as this plant. I'm wondering, I did not want to put any into flower (new tent with 10 3000k 50v COBs, on a 12/12 schedule) until next weekend, but is this plant forcing me to do it sooner?

20180104_234649.jpg

Thanks in advance,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Re: 3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disas

Hey guys, a little input requested here...

On my Blue Cheese #1, I've noticed a shit ton of growth on all the tops. There are about 14 tops, and almost all of them look like the picture to follow. Only one other plant had this type of growth, it's just not as pronounced as this plant. I'm wondering, I did not want to put any into flower (new tent with 10 3000k 50v COBs, on a 12/12 schedule) until next weekend, but is this plant forcing me to do it sooner?

20180104_234649.jpg

Thanks in advance,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Are you sure your lights are 18/6? Or that this isn't an auto-strain. That thing is flowering.

Are you sure your lights are 18/6? Or that this isn’t an auto-strain. That thing is flowering.

Definitely not 12/12, it's at 19/5 - from 8:05pm until 3:05pm.

As for it being an auto flower strain, it didn't come in a breeder pack, but it was just labeled ad DinaFem Blue Cheese, as well as its sister next to it, and that one does NOT have any white hairs at all.

Lol.... the lights have NOT been switched, nor I can say have they missed a beat on and off as the timer is right where it should be.

Wtf... There goes my Sunday I guess!

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Definitely not 12/12, it's at 19/5 - from 8:05pm until 3:05pm.

As for it being an auto flower strain, it didn't come in a breeder pack, but it was just labeled ad DinaFem Blue Cheese, as well as its sister next to it, and that one does NOT have any white hairs at all.

Lol.... the lights have NOT been switched, nor I can say have they missed a beat on and off as the timer is right where it should be.

Wtf... There goes my Sunday I guess!

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

So your Bad Ass Kush and your Blue Cheese are sprouting hairs both?

So your Bad Ass Kush and your Blue Cheese are sprouting hairs both?

The Bad Azz Kush has some pistils/pre- flowers, but nothing as pronounced as this Blue Cheese. The Blue Cheese next to this one has none that I've seen yet and is as green and healthy as can be.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Got the new flowering tent 99% set up and ready to grow. The only thing missing is the potentiometer so I raised the lights up really high until it gets here for Fear of burning any more leaves.

A little about the new home for the ladies. The tent itself is called a 5' x 5' tent, and the interior measures in at 58" x 58". Close enough I reckon. I bought it off Amazon for under $100. I wasn't ready or willing to shell out $450 for a Gorilla tent of the same size right yet. The zippers are nice and hefty and the fabric is thick as well. However on some seems of the stitching there are some small light leaks. They were easily remedied by turning the lights off outside, closing it up, turning on the lights inside the tent, and putting a small piece of Gorilla tape over them. That seemed to have worked just fine.

The lights - 10 Luminus CXM-22 50v 3000k run off a MeanWell HLG-600H-54B driver, wired in parallel. As mentioned earlier, the potentiometer is not installed yet, but I'm dealing with the extra heat with the fan and leaving one of the top portals on the tent open, and the lights are up high enough to not burn the plants.

Ordered a small dehumidifier a few hours ago and it will be installed tomorrow evening. The tent REALLY keeps the humidity in, so i have to deal with that ASAP as 80% humidity is just NOT going to cut it.

So here are some pics of the girls in their new home.

Day 55 From Seed - Day 1 of Flower!

Bad Azz Kush #1:
20180110_221441.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #2:
20180110_222918.jpg

Blue Cheese #1:
20180110_224629.jpg

Blue Cheese #2:
20180110_230053.jpg

Chemdog Millionaire #1:
20180110_231216.jpg

All 5 of the original girls in their new home:
20180111_000901.jpg

As for the other tent, it looks soooo bare right now, I just want to drop some seeds and get it bushy again. However, with the flowing times of the ones in the flower tent right now, it looks like I'm going to have to wait about a week or so before I do so. I've decided on DinaFem's Critical Jack, Pyramid Seeds Tutenkahmon, and Barney's Farm Critical Kush. But more on those later.

Next up in our photo log, are what's left in the vegetative tent. 1 Exotic Seeds Lemon Candy, 1 Royal Queen Seeds Diesel Auto, 1 Clone of the Bad Azz Kush, and 1 clone of the Blue Cheese. Take a close look at the Blue Cheese clone - it also has the same hairs as its mother, which is making me think the seed is NOT as it was labeled but some kind of auto... but oh well, bud is bud i guess.

Exotic Seeds Lemon Candy #2 - Day 44:
20180111_001024.jpg

Royal Queen Seeds Diesel Auto - Day 21:
20180111_001133.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #1 Clone - Day 18:
20180111_001228.jpg

Blue Cheese #1 Clone - Day 17:
20180111_001402.jpg

Notice the top on the last one? Just like her hairy mother...

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Just subbed - Looks like a sweet setup and anxious to grow my Alien v. Triangle Auto and Diesel Auto. You have a head start on me so will be watching with interest.

Troy

Just finished reading your journal. Good Job! :goodjob:

I like your feeding system. I am sure I'm going to have to work out something to make the chore easier. It really becomes almost a necessity once the plants get to flowering stage.

Your Blue Cheese #1 and Clone are really showing classic signs of being an Auto. I also received a DinaFem Blue Cheese as a freebie from Seedman - It doesn't say Auto but when I look on their site they have a DinaFem Blue Cheese Auto. I'll be watching to see how yours perform and keep in mind when I pop mine.

Just finished reading your journal. Good Job! :goodjob:

I like your feeding system. I am sure I'm going to have to work out something to make the chore easier. It really becomes almost a necessity once the plants get to flowering stage.

Your Blue Cheese #1 and Clone are really showing classic signs of being an Auto. I also received a DinaFem Blue Cheese as a freebie from Seedman - It doesn't say Auto but when I look on their site they have a DinaFem Blue Cheese Auto. I'll be watching to see how yours perform and keep in mind when I pop mine.

Yeah Troy, I'm thinking it has some ruderalis in it - even though it took a long ass time to start showing her girly parts. Either way, it's a nice looking plant, I'd have to say.

So, here's my new dilemma - I still have Lemon Candy in the veg area. She is 55 Days old, the same amount of time as to when I put the original 5 into the flower tent. Only problem is now in the flowering tent, space is very cramped - I thought I'd have some more room in a 5' x 5' for more than 5 girls and accessories. So upon looking at the photo and video here, suggestions would be much appreciated.

All 5 girls, photo:
20180121_104644.jpg

And a video to boot:

YouTube

In the next post, I'll have some pictures of the girls- both top and side views.

Thanks for stopping by,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

How about some pictures?

Like I said, top view and side view of all 5 originals in the flower tent first, individually...

Chemdog Millionaire #1 - Top View:
20180121_101548.jpg

Chemdog Millionaire #1 - Side View:
20180121_101511.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #1 - Top View:
20180121_101444.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #1 - Side View:
20180121_101413.jpg

Blue Cheese #1 (early flower) - Top View:
20180121_101343.jpg

Blue Cheese #1 (early flower) - Side View:
20180121_101306.jpg

Blue Cheese #2 (runt) - Top View:
20180121_101237.jpg

Blue Cheese #2 (runt) - Side View:
20180121_101209.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #2 - Top View:
20180121_101118.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #2 - Side View:
20180121_101028.jpg

And now for the Lemon Candy and RQS Diesel Auto in the veg area:

Lemon Candy #2 - Top View:
20180121_101833.jpg

Lemon Candy #2 - Side View
20180121_101810.jpg

RQS Diesel Auto- Top View:
20180121_100642.jpg

RQS Diesel Auto - Side View:
20180121_100737.jpg

So far, for my first time, I'd have to say it's not going to horrendous!
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

So far, for my first time, I'd have to say it's not going to horrendous!
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

I'd have to agree. You seem to be doing a fine job Cedru! Keep it up!

good stuff Cedru, cant wait to see how the Luminus 22 do. Im currently working on getting 4 of them personally, and also will be using the 600H. Controlled with a Zigbee wifi, to control sun rise/set ramp-up and ramp-down thrus the day.

subbed

good stuff Cedru, cant wait to see how the Luminus 22 do. Im currently working on getting 4 of them personally, and also will be using the 600H. Controlled with a Zigbee wifi, to control sun rise/set ramp-up and ramp-down thrus the day.

subbed

I was thinking about getting this - WiFi Smart Power Strip Socket with Alexa, Weton Multi-Plug Timer Switch Power Strip Outlet Surge Protector with 4 AC Outlets 4 USB Port Remote Control Via Free App for IOS/Android Smart Phone/Tablets

1666335991339.png

I haven't gotten around to it yet though, just because I just got done ordering a 30 pint dehumidifier, a 6 inch carbon filter and a 6 inch inline duct fan - set me back about 300, so now that stuff has to wait. I NEED to get the odor and humidity under control if this grow is going to make it. Humidity in the tent gets up into the low 70s right now when it's fully closed, and I can now smell them in the living area floor - not good.

On a side note, I decided to scrunch the 5 girls closer together and add the Lemon Candy in a spot. Now I'm just hoping that this dehumidifier had a wide enough footprint to put tyre fan in top of, because of space. We will see tomorrow evening when it gets delivered!

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Ok, need a little help here. This weekend I would like to do some defoliation because as you can see, these girls are just too damned bushy. Only problem is, they look so lush I'm a bit tentative on doing stone irreparable harm to them. So what I'm looking for is a good visual tutorial on some proper defoliation while earthly in flower, so if anyone can direct me in such a tutorial, it'd be so much appreciated.

Thank you,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

I dont have a tutorial to offer you, but i will say healthy plants can handle heavy defol so dont worry. I focus on making sure there is a gap for air to pass over the soil and also clearing fan leaves that are blocking light getting to bud sites.

Ok, need a little help here. This weekend I would like to do some defoliation because as you can see, these girls are just too damned bushy. Only problem is, they look so lush I'm a bit tentative on doing stone irreparable harm to them. So what I'm looking for is a good visual tutorial on some proper defoliation while earthly in flower, so if anyone can direct me in such a tutorial, it'd be so much appreciated.

Thank you,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

I just did a defoliation a couple updates ago in my thread. I put up some before and after pictures as well. As Stupid said, if they are healthy then the will handle it fine. Hard to do irreparable damage by defoliating healthy plants. What can cause problems is having them get too bushy and not get good air flow and then getting mold. Mold can kill a whole grow so I think you are doing the right thing by defoliating a bit.

I dont have a tutorial to offer you, but i will say healthy plants can handle heavy defol so dont worry. I focus on making sure there is a gap for air to pass over the soil and also clearing fan leaves that are blocking light getting to bud sites.

I have read up and am pretty confident about doing the lower 20-30% of the plants, but what about removing the big fan leaves nearer the top? Don't the plants need them to soak up the lighting to form the buds better?

I just did a defoliation a couple updates ago in my thread. I put up some before and after pictures as well. As Stupid said, if they are healthy then the will handle it fine. Hard to do irreparable damage by defoliating healthy plants. What can cause problems is having them get too bushy and not get good air flow and then getting mold. Mold can kill a whole grow so I think you are doing the right thing by defoliating a bit.

Yes, I concur, especially with the higher than optimal humidity levels in there now.

However, on a side note, the big (30 pint) dehumidifier came in today and will be installed as soon as the lights come on tonight.

Thank you guys!
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

I have read up and am pretty confident about doing the lower 20-30% of the plants, but what about removing the big fan leaves nearer the top? Don't the plants need them to soak up the lighting to form the buds better?

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Yeah the plant would be getting energy from them, but how much plant is it blocking out below it? It becomes a judgement call based on what is under that fan leaf. Also air flow between buds is a good point. You can either take it slow and do a little defol a day, or go hard and let them relax after.

Back
Top Bottom