3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disaster!

Cedru

Hey everyone! So I've been lurking around this forum for a while now, soaking in the endless knowledge that everyone shares here - well at least as much as my feeble brain will allow. After seeing all the dense nug pictures from everyone else's grows, I've decided to lean backwards, spread my wings, and take the plunge into a grow all my own.

It's bound to be full of mistakes, so please, sit back, laugh with me, and enjoy this comic relief. Any suggestions along the way will be appreciated. Now on to the good stuff.

I'm anticipating this to be a fairly long post, so ill post again after this with some pictures so far...

First up, the grow room(s) information.

The first area - the vegetation chamber, is nearly complete. It is made with my two skilled hands with equipment I've had laying about. The interior dimensions are 4'x4.5'x6.5'. It is constructed out of 2x4s, 3 5/8" metal studs and track, and 5/8" drywall. It is not light proof yet, until Saturday, when the panda film gets delivered. Then the floor and walls will be wrapped in it.

The second area - the flowering house, is only in the planning stages as of right now, but expecting much of the same with the interior dimensions being closer to 5'x5'.

The lighting - inside the vegetation chamber currently are 4 Citizen clu048-1212 COBs with a light spectrum of 6500k. They are hung on any adjustable aluminum rack, that i can move up and down as the girls tell me to using a pulley and airplane cable. Two more cobs should be delivered tomorrow, then 2 more soon after that. They are powered be a Mean Well HLG-320H-36B driver with a 100k ohm potentiometer. I also have 4 100 watt (23 watts from the wall) 6500k CFL lights that I have not installed yet.

The flowering house has not been decided upon yet, but all help and suggestions will be considered.

The medium - this grow, after seeds pop (more on then shortly) will start in 4" Rockwool cubes and then into 5 gallon Hempy style buckets. The bottom 1/4 of these Hempy buckets will be perlite, then above that will be General Hydroponics CocoTek. May throw some perlite on the top, but have not decided just yet.

Nutrients - nothing special or fancy - RO water, Advanced nutrients Cal Mag Xtra (4-0-0), and General Hydroponics FloraBloom. pH Up and pH Down as needed.

Let's talk about the babies...
3 strains, hopeful to have all the seeds pop and have 2 of each of the following feminized seeds...

Barney Farms Bad Azz Kush - Feminized x2
Bad Azz OG is a Kush strain which comes from pre-'98 lineage Los Angeles. Our friends from Nectar sector deliveries asked the rapper to endorse it with his name attached to this potent Kush. Bad Azz - from Snoop Dogg's entourage known as the Dogg Pound. The Original OG was crossed with an Afghan Kush and thereafter the result was crossed again with Urkel to produce this wonderful marijuana strain.

Bad Ass Kush is a heavy, resinous cannabis strain, tested at 24% THC and 1.1% CBD. This is a very dank, fuel-smelling plant with undertones of forest fruits that has a knock out effect. This strain produces big buds with an amazingly heavy yield. Growing to between 120 - 170 cm. and producing yields of 700 gr/m2 she will finish in 8 weeks flowering (7 weeks with a little help if you are lucky) but she needs to be pruned during the vegetative stage and she can stretch quite a bit in bloom so ensure that there is sufficient space and headroom. Outdoors harvest will be during the second half of September in the northern hemisphere.

A powerfully relaxing strain that can cause some couch-lock especially in those not used to it.
Characteristics
Breeder Barney's Farm Seeds
Genetics Original OG x Urkel x Afghan Kush
Variety Indica
Flowering Type Photoperiod
Sex Feminised
THC Content 24%
CBD Content 1.1%
Yield 700 gr/m2
Plant Height 120cm - 170cm
Grows Indoors, Outdoors
Flowering Time 55 days
Harvest Month Mid - Late September
Taste / Flavour Diesel, Fruity, Fuel
Effect Long-lasting, Powerful, Relaxing

Up next, DinaFem's Blue Cheese:
Blue Cheese is a cross of two very well-known marijuana strains viz. UK Cheese and Blueberry. It is an indica-dominant plant with a complex aroma/flavour profile and a wonderfully relaxing effect.,/p>

Dinafem's Blue Cheese can be grown outdoors as well as indoors thanks to the particularly fast-flowering Blueberry that they used in its creation. Where the temperature falls markedly at night plants will turn a range of purple and blue colours which adds to the beauty of this plant. Indoors flowering takes just 50 - 55 days with yields of 550 gr/m2. Growers are advised to not let this strain veg, too long as it will stretch to triple its height once flowering occurs. Outdoors or in a greenhouse plants can grow to a height of 3 meters yielding between 600 - 800 gr/plant before the first half of October is over. In cooler regions the display of colour will be most pronounced.

An utterly delicious combination of cheese and berries hit the nostrils and palate making it one of the most unmistakeable of cannabis strains. THC production is high at between 15% - 20% with surprisingly low CBD for a variety that delivers such a physically relaxing effect that is powerful and of long duration.
Characteristics
Breeder Dinafem Seeds
Genetics UK Cheese x Blueberry
Variety Indica
Sex Feminised
THC Content 15% - 20%
CBD Content 0% - 1%
Yield Indoors; 550 g/m2; Outdoors: 600 - 800 gr/plant
Plant Height Outdoors up to 3 metres
Grows Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
Flowering Time 50 - 55 days
Harvest Month Early October
Taste / Flavour Berry, Cheese
Effect Long-lasting, Physical, Powerful, Relaxing

And last but not least, Dr. Krippling's Chemdog Millionaire:
eds are ready to harvest in 8-9 weeks in End October. This Feminised seed grows well in Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors conditions. Additionally it can be expected to grow into a Tall plant reaching 160-200 cm. This strain has Delhi Friend x Chemdawg Genetics. It has a Very High (over 20%) THC Content. The CBD content of the strain is Unknown.
Some parts are toxically fruity, chemically, sweet and sour, yet some parts are earthy, dank with a pine forest aroma and flavour. Chemdog Millionaire tantalises and tickles the full spectrum of senses in ones body. It can refresh and rejuvenate, yet it may also chill the F out of you, relax you like nothing ever has before and induce sleep. It can sort your head out and clear your senses, yet it can also cloud your head and senses, and one could find oneself concentrating and meditating on pointless shi@ for hours on end.
Characteristics
Breeder Dr Krippling Seeds
Genetics Delhi Friend x Chemdawg
Sex Feminised
THC Content 20-22%
Yield Outdoors: 350-700 gr/plant & Greenhouse: 500 gr-1000 gr/plant
Plant Height 160-200 cm
Grows Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
Flowering Time 8-9 weeks
Harvest Month End October
Taste / Flavour Chemical, Earthy, Fruity, Pine, Sour, Sweet

I also have on hand some Lemon Candy and Girl Scout Crack (2 of each) but did not germinate them, as my grow area suggests I stop at these for now. I purchased the Chemdog Millionaire from the Seedsman seed bank and got the others as freebies.

Right now, the 6 seeds are in paper towels, in a Ziploc baggie, inside a paper bag waiting to pop.

Follow along, chime in, giggle and laugh, and enjoy the ride. My next post will be pictures of the process so far.

Thank you for watching,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Re: 3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disas

Now, onto some pictures.

This is the Vegetative chamber in the framing process:
20171112_204229.jpg

The Vegetative chamber with drywall on:
20171114_224934.jpg

The Vegetative chamber, Dryqalled with the door off:
20171116_165454.jpg

And three Vegetative chamber with the door on.:
20171116_165614.jpg

Questions and comments welcome...

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Re: 3 Strains, 6 Plants - COBS & Coco In 5 Gal Hempy Buckets - Let's Watch This Disas

Now, the Germinating seeds:

First up, Bad Azz Kush by Barney Farms:
20171029_105639.jpg

20171116_193614.jpg

Second, DinaFem's Blue Cheese:
20171029_105626.jpg

20171116_194008.jpg

And now, Chemdog Millionaire:
20171029_105527.jpg

20171116_194414.jpg

And they are now in their temporary paper bag home:
20171116_203202.jpg

Until the next post...
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Glad to have you along in the carnival ride, @Stupidface!

Just got notification that my PPM Meter and pH meter will also be arriving Saturday as well. Whoop Whoop!

P.s. No more cracks about the bike - it's my only means of transportation at the time.
P.P.S. Comic Sans is the only way to go!

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Ok, so just got in from work and of course - had to be an impatient sped and look in the paper bag. Mind you, it hadn't even been 24 hours and I swore to myself last night that I would set it and forget it. Nah... that didn't happen - like a kid on Christmas, I had to go peeking.

I did find a little white root peeking her sexy leg out on one Blue cheese and one Bad Azz Kush. Nothing on either Chemdog millionaire, yet.

Then, like the sneaky Christmas brat, turned around to make sure no one was looking and sealed them back up nice and cozy like.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who's ever done that before.

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Of course i had to take a peek at mine. Then the thought that maybe that half second of light damaged the seeds wouldnt go away so i had to check again, and again.

Might get some night vision goggles before germinating any more.

Ok, it has now been 24 hours after the Germinating process has started. The paper bag is still sitting over my radiator and the plastic Ziploc baggie have moisture/condensation on the inside. Paper towels are still a bit damp.

Question: I'm going to leave them sit until tomorrow, when my pH tester and my PPM Meter get delivered before putting them in their rock wool cubes. Should I add a little moisture to the Ziploc baggies to keep the humidity up?

Chemdog Millionaire #1:
20171117_200756.jpg

Chemdog Millionaire #2:
20171117_200836.jpg

Blue cheese #1 (Oreo will be her name...)
20171117_200913.jpg

Blue cheese #2:
20171117_200946.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #1:
20171117_201029.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #2:
20171117_201102.jpg

As you can see, 4 of them are showing some leg, but I can't see any from the Chemdog Millionaires yet. We will see come tomorrow...

Thoughts on adding moisture for the next 18 hours or so?

Thank You,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Ok, it has now been 24 hours after the Germinating process has started. The paper bag is still sitting over my radiator and the plastic Ziploc baggie have moisture/condensation on the inside. Paper towels are still a bit damp.

Question: I'm going to leave them sit until tomorrow, when my pH tester and my PPM Meter get delivered before putting them in their rock wool cubes. Should I add a little moisture to the Ziploc baggies to keep the humidity?

As you can see, 4 of them are showing some leg, but I can't see any from the Chemdog Millionaires yet. We will see come tomorrow...

Thoughts on adding moisture for the next 18 hours or so?

Thank You,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

I'd say if the towels are slightly damp you'll be fine. I use a very similar method for germination and I keep the baggies sealed and wrapped in a dish towel and put on top of something like a DVR. The moisture tries to escape but ends up condensing on the baggies and that keeps my towels a little wet.

I’d say if the towels are slightly damp you’ll be fine. I use a very similar method for germination and I keep the baggies sealed and wrapped in a dish towel and put on top of something like a DVR. The moisture tries to escape but ends up condensing on the baggies and that keeps my towels a little wet.

Thank you, and good news...

Chemdog Millionaire 1 popping her leg out, 36 hours after the start...

20171118_075922.jpg

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Hi Cedru I been growing for 3 years now and I germinate in a humidity dome with paper towel, don't worry much about the light but I'm way wores at checkin on them to see if they've popped two or three times a day lol. If the Chemdog Millionaire don't pop IMO you can scarify them (rough up the shell) so they will absorb the water better. I use a toilet paper tube with some 320 grit sandpaper rolled up inside put the seed inside and shake it around some. This usually works. I hope they pop though. I like your choice of light I'm runnin 12 Vero 29's 4 ea BXRC-40E10Ko-D-72SE and 8 BXRC35G10Ko-D72SE in a 4'x6'x8' room at 36" from the tops of the plants and I'm usin a pulley and rope system to raise and lower the lights. my grow medium is 100% coco and I'm using canna nutrients. I don't know if you are interested anyway I'm gonna follow along Good Luck!

Hi Cedru I been growing for 3 years now and I germinate in a humidity dome with paper towel, don't worry much about the light but I'm way wores at checkin on them to see if they've popped two or three times a day lol. If the Chemdog Millionaire don't pop IMO you can scarify them (rough up the shell) so they will absorb the water better. I use a toilet paper tube with some 320 grit sandpaper rolled up inside put the seed inside and shake it around some. This usually works. I hope they pop though. I like your choice of light I'm runnin 12 Vero 29's 4 ea BXRC-40E10Ko-D-72SE and 8 BXRC35G10Ko-D72SE in a 4'x6'x8' room at 36" from the tops of the plants and I'm usin a pulley and rope system to raise and lower the lights. my grow medium is 100% coco and I'm using canna nutrients. I don't know if you are interested anyway I'm gonna follow along Good Luck!

Hey SOG! Great to have you along! I gave my Chemdog Millionaire #2 seed a little scuffing up like you suggested, but as you will see in the photos to follow, I think she is a dead seed.

That's a pretty big room you have there, but seems the lighting is appropriate. I'm looking for lighting suggestions for the flowering stage - it'll be 5'x5'... either quantum boards or COBs. Got 2 months to buy the supplies and build the room. Even though it sounds like a long way off, I want to get moving now so I'm not behind when the time is close.

On to an update - got my shipment of the PPM meter and pH meter, as well as the Panda Film. Since I had the house to myself, figured I'd go ahead and do my water. Had 10 gallons of RO water. The PPM of the water, before adding anything to it was 6! How's that for nearly pure water! The pH before adding anything was 5.95.

So, went ahead and added 10ml of CalMag+ (2ml per gallon) and then 5 ml of FloraBloom (1ml per gallon). The PPM went to 131 (maybe a bit low? Thought about adding more FloraBloom but decided against it) and the pH down to 5.49. Close enough to 5.5 which I was shooting for.

I then soaked my rock wool cubes in that solution, used a 1/4" drill bit to poke a hole in them and started planting my seeds.

Here they are before going in the rock wool:

Bad Azz Kush #1:
20171118_173645.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #2:
20171118_173727.jpg

Blue Cheese #1:
20171118_173812.jpg

Blue Cheese #2:
20171118_173832.jpg

Chemdog Millionaire #1:
20171118_173934.jpg

Chemdog Millionaire #2:
20171118_174011.jpg

Add you can see, CDM #2 got her hole open, but its like she is just teasing... anyone see anything like that before?

Lights come on in 15 minutes or so, I'll take a picture of them and post that a little later.

Thank you four stopping by,
*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

I love me some Kush the bad Azz sounds bad ass too bad about the Chemdog Millionaire as fa as the lights the Quantum boards ae kickin it
the COBs are great too IMO I would go with the one that has the greatest PAR value.

20171118_183631.jpg

There they are, all tucked up in th their rock wool cubes.

The lights are about 40" away right now, running on their lowest setting via the potentiometer. The reason I didn't suck out the water in their tray just yet is in trying to get the humidity up. It was staying between 35% and 40%. That would be great if we were flowering, I just think it should be higher right now. Temp is good at 77°, partly because of the ceramic heater in the background.

20171118_183711.jpg

Thinking about buying a warm mist humidifier from Wal-Mart tomorrow... thoughts?

Thank you,
*.*.* Cedru *.*

For the past 20 hours or so, I was getting a little upset about the 2nd Chemdog Millionaire not popping her shell. So I decided to get a little risky. Figured if she's dead, can't do her no harm, what the hell...

I took her out of her rock wool and put her in some hot water in a Tupperware container for 2 hours. Here's what I came back to...

20171119_160139.jpg

So, just put her in her paper towel and baggie. When the lights come back on, I guess I'll throw her back in her rock wool home?

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

18 hours after being planted in rock wool...

20171120_053602.jpg

20171120_053633.jpg

20171120_053702.jpg

20171120_053727.jpg

20171120_053758.jpg

20171120_053823.jpg

How they looking? That Bad Azz Kush already shed her shell...

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Looking pretty good! I just had my new 4 all spring up today. A couple were early risers and popped up yesterday but today they are all out and shed their shells. Looks like we are very close to sprouting times!

Looking pretty good! I just had my new 4 all spring up today. A couple were early risers and popped up yesterday but today they are all out and shed their shells. Looks like we are very close to sprouting times!

Hey Asesino, that's awesome they all shed their shells for you. My girls are being stubborn about taking off their hats. 5 of them still have it on. Only 2 now has taken it off by herself. The second BAK just shed it about 5 minutes ago with a little help from he. I wonder if keeping the seeds in the fridge before Germinating had anything to do with this issue in experiencing?

*.*.* Cedru *.*.*

Hey Hey! Time for an update! So, my 2nd Chemdog Millionaire decided not to continue her life. I've been leaving them alone for the past few days, letting them do their thing. At first, I noticed the first plant to pop her shell, the 1st Bad Azz Kush, had her fake leaves curling down... sign of overwatering. So i squeezed out the rock wool on all 6 of them, had a bunch of runoff. Then i didn't water them for a day. The past two days I've been giving them their normal watering - ppm of around 220, and pH at 5.57, just enough to get the rock wool around them wet and not even to any run off. These last few days, they have perked up and all shed their shells with the first set off leaves popping nicely with great color.

The humidity now has been pretty consistent at an average of 48-50% and temps holding steady at 68°.

The tallest girl right now is Bad Azz Kush #2 @ 2" above the rock wool base. The others are slightly behind, with the smallest being the Chemdog Millionaire #1 @ 1 3/8".

In lieu of the Chemdog Millionaire #2 not making it, I've decided to start 1 Girl Scout Crack in her place. She will be a week behind the others, but since I planed on a long veg time (somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 months...) she won't be that far behind when it's time to flip.

Without further rambling, here are the 5 Babies...

Bad Azz Kush #1:
20171124_184601.jpg

Bad Azz Kush #2:
20171124_184647.jpg

Blue Cheese #1:
20171124_184719.jpg

Blue Cheese #2:
20171124_184750.jpg

Chemdog Millionaire #1:
20171124_184818.jpg

As you can see in the Bad Azz Kush pictures, their round false leaves are still droopy, but #1's was REALLY droopy before I drained her rock wool cube and kept them off watering for a little bit. I think they are all looking pretty good now, but looking for some opinions from you seasoned growers...

Info on Girl Scout Crack later...

Thank you,
*.*.* Cedru?.*.*

Back
Top Bottom