3 week old seedling - Slight yellowing - How do they look? Pics included

Quidado

420 Member
So, after botching my first attempt with over watering and just too much dicking around in general, here is attempt number two.

600 was MH
6 ft long, 4 ft wide 9ft tall closet grow.
Only two plants for now till I get the hang of things.
Seeds are just bag seed.
Miracle grow seedling mix mixed with about 35% perlite.
Week 3.

See pictures attached. About 5 days ago I noticed some yellowing on the bottom leaves of one of the plants. So I decided to give them their first feed. I gave them 1/3 the recommended dose. Since then things certainly did not get worse, still getting decent growth, but still some yellowing. Tonight I decided to give them a full dose. Do you think I jumped the gun? Was it too early?

Anyway, just wondering if my plants are looking good for week 3? Any tips on what I should do next? When should I look into transplanting? Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

If you'd like more detail let me know.

Quidado3.jpg
Quidado2.jpg
Quidado1.jpg
Quidado4.jpg
Quidado5.jpg
Quidado6.jpg

Re: 3 week old seedling. Slight yellowing. How do they look? Pics included.

Looks like they are ready to be transplanted into bigger pots.

:thumb:

Re: 3 week old seedling. Slight yellowing. How do they look? Pics included.

:goodjob: They look good, but they might be a bit smaller than they could be. Ole Festus gave you the best advice.
Bigger pots, with good drainage...I see you have a good amount of perlite in your mix already.
A non-MG soil, may also be helpful, and be more beginner friendly.

I would say they need to be transplanted. I bet you will find the roots circling the bottom of the cup and I bet they will be brown in color not white and healthy. Have you looked to see if roots are extruding through the holes on the bottom? I always use that as a guage for when to transplant.

I could totally be wrong too :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom