Is it in Veg or Flower stage - Veg
If in Veg... For how long - 30 days from seed
If soil... Ocean Forest
If soil... pot size - 2 Gallon
Size of light - 240W LED
Temp of Room - 73F
RH - 50%
How often are you watering - Every 3 days
Type and strength of ferts used - 3 tsp Grow Big every other feeding.

I'm new to the forum but actually 30 days into my first grow. Today I moved the plants into my basement which is now their permanent spot. The room is 3x5 and lined in mylar. I havent done the exhaust yet but plan to tap into a vent that goes to the roof. The actual room the grow room is in is around 500sq ft so I'm not too worried about the exhaust yet.

I currently have 2 plants that are 30 days old and 7" tall and 1 that is 3 weeks old and probably 3 inches tall. I started to germinate a bunch more yesterday and have another LED light on the way. I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on how things looked so far.

I was thinking they should be taller by now. Is it because the container is too small (2 gallon)?
Should i clip some of the bigger leaves off of the bottom?

two.jpeg

three.jpeg

What strain is it - White Widow
Is it in Veg or Flower stage - Veg
If in Veg... For how long - 30 days from seed
If soil... Ocean Forest
If soil... pot size - 2 Gallon
Size of light - 240W LED
Temp of Room - 73F
RH - 50%
How often are you watering - Every 3 days
Type and strength of ferts used - 3 tsp Grow Big every other feeding.

I'm new to the forum but actually 30 days into my first grow. Today I moved the plants into my basement which is now their permanent spot. The room is 3x5 and lined in mylar. I havent done the exhaust yet but plan to tap into a vent that goes to the roof. The actual room the grow room is in is around 500sq ft so I'm not too worried about the exhaust yet.

I currently have 2 plants that are 30 days old and 7" tall and 1 that is 3 weeks old and probably 3 inches tall. I started to germinate a bunch more yesterday and have another LED light on the way. I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on how things looked so far.

I was thinking they should be taller by now. Is it because the container is too small (2 gallon)?
Should i clip some of the bigger leaves off of the bottom?

two.jpeg

three.jpeg

hey man welcome to :420:
plants look great this far ..i see your using the ffof . i know it has nutes in it for the first few weeks but they seem to start getting weaker around week 4. i dont see any obvious deficiency's but im no pro lol .. but seems to me its time to start the rest of the nutes .. here is a fox farm feeding chart .
foxfarmsched.jpeg

Your plants look great! No signs of stress or burn. I grow in soil as well and the pots I use are give gallons. I would go out and get some asap to avoid the roots getting tangled or "root bound". When you do, prep the soil the night before with water and possibly a small amount of nutrients so they don't get shocked. I don't know much about the brand you are using but I would also ASAP get some cal-mag and begin using that every time you feed and water. The plants will starve in flower and begin to die out if you don't. Nice lady's though!

To be honest I'm kind of nervous about trying to transplant them again. I have some 5 gallon buckets but when I transplanted them into their current containers it didn't go real well. I'm surprised they are still alive actually.

What are my chances of the plant staying alive if I keep them in their current 2 gallon container?

Why is it that they need to be transplanted at all? Can i just put the seed into a 5 gallon bucket next time?

No you can use it from veg to flower up until you flush for harvest. Plants need more of the calcium and magnesium later on but they can stress in veg if they don't get enough.
A little stress is normal when you transplant because you are causing some damage in the process. If you keep them in the smaller buckets the yeild will suffer because the roots don't have room to stretch out causing then to be root bound. It can also make them not absorb all the nutrients and cause drainage issues with salts building up. Generally you want to flush once a month with 2x the amount of water than the size of the pot ( 2 gallon pot needs 4 gallons of water)you need to do this because nutrients build up over time and will burn the plant. This site has taught me a whole shit load about growing! Do research on here and you will see :)

When transplanting wait until the soil is somewhat dry, not mostly dry(this is when you water), so about a day before they are going to need water is the best time to transplant in my opinion. Turn the pot upside down and lift the pot off the soil, which should stay in the form of the pot, if roots are around the outside of the soil they are ready for transplanting, if not you can put the pot back on and turn them right side up and continue your normal water/feeding schedule. I only flush my growing medium the day I go to 12/12 for flowering, unless I have a deficiency of some kind.

Your yield will be significantly less in a 2 gallon pot vs. a 5 gallon pot, this is a choice only you can make.

Transplanting allows the roots to reach out and extract more nutrients from the growing medium, which results in larger plants and bigger buds.

Stepping up your pot size allows the roots to fill the smaller pot fully and reach more of the nutrients, a tighter and denser root ball is the advantage of stepping up your pot size rather then starting and finishing in the largest pot. More roots, more fruits.

temps?

74 and 55RH. It stays pretty consistent at that

hmm those temps are fine ..its weird the lower growth looks lush and green but the upper growth is kinda yellow and the leaves seem to be canoeing .. .
when lab gets on he will know the answer hes like a f.a.q machine

I think the color is pretty consistent. I'll attach a couple more photos where you can see everything easier. I ordered some calmag but not sure if that will be beneficial.

photo_14101.jpg

photo_2463.jpg

yea those pics look great i guess it was just the angle ..do u use ro water ?

They will be fine but Ds doesn't have the micro nutrients that rain water or distilled water with added micronutrients would have I'm sure it's not a problem but rain water is the way to go. IMO.

Back
Top Bottom