300W LED 2x4x5 Tent Soil Grow

30 gs of decarbed trim and bud ready to go! Ultra-pasteurized!
420-magazine-mobile1995556874.jpg

30 gs of decarbed trim and bud ready to go! Ultra-pasteurized!
420-magazine-mobile1995556874.jpg

I'm all about some edibles right about now. I'm thinking about using my low yielding SLH I just harvested for all edi's!

You wouldn't want to cook it after you rub it on otherwise you will burn off all the thc age.. maybe sprinkle it on after you cook it, it will stick in the bbq sauce and you wont taste it at all.

Wait......what? Im confused....I thought at a low temp, like 375F your good. How else would it survive making cookies or brownies. Iv cooked both. And also eaten it raw..cannabutter that is. Iv also just took it and put it in my coffee or soup. Of all the ways, iv gotten the most effect from the cookies. Which were cooked at 375F the brownies were ok and were cooked at 425F. And I felt nothing but hung over the next day when I put it in my coffee and soup. Of course other people were ripped and blah blah but As for me, I really only enjoy it when I make cookies. ANYWAY my point is I prefer it cooked into something and not just added. But I have read where people say you cant cook it it will burn up the THC. So Im just wondering on your full take. And anyone else that has good knowledge on the subject.

Not necessarily, it burns off a lot of the good stuff at those temps.. sure it could still get you feeling good but you aren't gettung the full benefits from your edibles at those temps. This is what snarly sent to me in a pm a little while ago.

I try to find recipes that you can bake at the lower temps. As baking temps rise, you start to boil off terpines and other good things.
Below is a cut and paste regarding evaporation points. The temps are in C, so you will have to convert to F.
I try to do all my baking under 350F for the shortest period possible. The fudge I do not bake at all, I use the microwave method, with chocolate, butterscotch or peanutbutter chips with condensed milk. Where it calls for butter I substitute infused sunflower oil.

*"Note: Although some of the following cannabinoids require temperatures above 200 degrees Celsius to evaporate, setting a vaporizer to that temperature runs the risk of causing combustion, which should be avoided.
THC - 157 °C.
The most famous cannabinoid. It has both euphoric and analgesic effects, inducing a great sense of relaxation.
CBD - 160 - 180 °C.
The cannabinoid most sought after by medical users for its vast array of medicinal applications. It partly counters the effects of THC, effectively countering feelings of anxiety and paranoia.
Delta-8-THC - 175 — 178 °C.
This cannabinoid is very similar to THC, but it is more stable and less psychoactive. It has great anti-vomiting properties.
CBN - 185 °C.
CBN is often found in quite small amounts, however, its effects can still be felt. It breaks down THC and is highly associated with a sedative effect.
CBC - 220 °C.
This cannabinoid has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties.
THCV - 220 °C.
THCV has been shown to moderate the psychoactive effects of THC, but more research is required.
Combustion: Dry weed can begin to combust at around 200 °C. The maximum heat weed can take before starting to burn is around 230 °C., depending on how humid it is."*

I must offer my congratulations as well! I really wish that I could go and try out the techniques described in this journal, however I cannot. Lack of eyes keeps me from even thinking about it. Well done again! And thanks for your help with my sad little first grow. God bless!

I must offer my congratulations as well! I really wish that I could go and try out the techniques described in this journal, however I cannot. Lack of eyes keeps me from even thinking about it. Well done again! And thanks for your help with my sad little first grow. God bless!

Grandpa you would be surprised how much if it comes down to feel. Which I'm guessing you are much better equipped in this area. Get someone to watch some videos and guide you through once you have it down it is a feel how much the plant can take.

Thank you for that encouragement! I just feel that I have to get at least one successful grow under my belt. I don't consider the sad results of the one still running as a qualified one. LOL I will have my wife look into a couple of videos and see if she cannot guide me. Or, do it herself. We have a long way to go before seriously even thinking about it, though. It can be such a pain being almost 59 years old and such a noob at the same time...

Thank you for that encouragement! I just feel that I have to get at least one successful grow under my belt. I don't consider the sad results of the one still running as a qualified one. LOL I will have my wife look into a couple of videos and see if she cannot guide me. Or, do it herself. We have a long way to go before seriously even thinking about it, though. It can be such a pain being almost 59 years old and such a noob at the same time...

I hear you. It ain't as easy as it looks on YouTube is it. Always something just waiting to happen. When you do feel comfortable or if looking for some advice. Growpotcheaply has an awesome Grow course and so does nvclosetmedgrower both on YouTube. And whatever about the first run. If it got to harvest that is successful and if it's not great you can always press it into rosin.

Thanks for the lead to those two videos! I agree that things happened quickly so you have to keep an eye on things closely. I have a much better plan and some good equipment now. And I have learned a lot from this one little pitiful grow, so the next one will be a good one, I'm confident.
Good suggestion for the rosin, however, I've been concentrating on growing the stuff and don't know if there is a way to safely do it for someone who is blind and/ore has no idea of how to do the pressing.

Thanks for the lead to those two videos! I agree that things happened quickly so you have to keep an eye on things closely. I have a much better plan and some good equipment now. And I have learned a lot from this one little pitiful grow, so the next one will be a good one, I'm confident.
Good suggestion for the rosin, however, I've been concentrating on growing the stuff and don't know if there is a way to safely do it for someone who is blind and/ore has no idea of how to do the pressing.

I wouldn't try it by yourself at first but most reputable machines have two activation switches so you can't get your hand in there. My only worry would be about lining it up properly. Other than that the machine does all the work and there are never any chemicals used this way just heat and pressure. Also leaves a great flower taste behind since most of the terps are still there. Fregrowli does a pretty good demo on YouTube.

Well guys thanks for the extra convo to finish out this thread.. a perfect ending there! 120gs from three plants.. using mostly one light too, i wish i wouldn't have gotten the mars but its ok. Gotta learn the hard way sometimes. The hawaiian lady sucks cause of it.. the extra n, she didnt take well to that either but the heat caused her to hermie and seed my other plants as well. Damn little yellow pollen penises! I also let her go too long i believe.. if i had harvested her a few weeks earlier she may have been better but not by much. She smells like rotten fruit, tastes pretty crappy and doesnt get you that high, its like smoking ok mids lol. Shes gonna get decarbed mostly.
420-magazine-mobile203427958.jpg

However the buds have been jarred up for almost two weeks now and the other two are really good smoke. The pointy nipple lady has trichromes falling all over the place when you break up the buds and she is very sticky but airey. She gets you really high. Like a clear headed high, not a full on stone but a little.. perfect for when i go to work lol. She smells kinda spicy when you open up the jar but when you break her up you get a fuely skunky smell and she tastes like all three as well.
420-magazine-mobile401248045.jpg

Trichromes from that little bit of bud.
420-magazine-mobile1268122636.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1025919289.jpg

Last but definitely not least, the flat chested lady has nice dense nugs that are sticky.. they smell more when you break them up, it smells like the pointy nipple lady but less spicy and more fuely, skunky and cheesy maybe. The high is the perfect stone.. best enjoyed right after i get home from work. She was harvested at the perfect time and is spectacular. I will never forget these buds, i cant believe at one point she had these male like things growing out of her and i almost tossed her but i just couldn't and im so thankful i held onto her.
420-magazine-mobile601274826.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1423389219.jpg

420-magazine-mobile317388685.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1213924812.jpg

420-magazine-mobile42888872.jpg

420-magazine-mobile21143919.jpg

Thanks again everyone for sticking around.. you all made my first grow so much better, i cant even explain. Im so glad i came on here and stopped being so antisocial. What an amazing experience it has been.

If you want to keep following me, here is my new journal.. i will be getting a perfect sun dwarf star soon im so damn excited to get that light!!
Imtoasted's Second Journey To The Promised Land

Back
Top Bottom