300w LED - Sunset Kush

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Sunset Kush by Setting S

They're a NL/william's wonder/violator kush cross I made with one of the VK culls from my last grow.

Very nicely done, you obviously know what you doing :cool:
I have read quite a bit on the Williams Wonder strain which I always thought was a somewhat local variety. Here in So. Oreganja, lots of peeps grow Willies, in fact, it may well be the most grown Indy dominate strain in my area.
It would be great if you were to visit the link in my thread, I currently have 5 of our version of Willies deep into flower!
I say our version because I understand there are quite a few different Willy strains being grown.
Anyways, I hope your smoke is everything you envisioned it to be :roorrip:
Greetz from Southern Oreganja!

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Sunset Kush by Setting S

Very nicely done, you obviously know what you doing :cool:
I have read quite a bit on the Williams Wonder strain which I always thought was a somewhat local variety. Here in So. Oreganja, lots of peeps grow Willies, in fact, it may well be the most grown Indy dominate strain in my area.
It would be great if you were to visit the link in my thread, I currently have 5 of our version of Willies deep into flower!
I say our version because I understand there are quite a few different Willy strains being grown.
Anyways, I hope your smoke is everything you envisioned it to be :roorrip:
Greetz from Southern Oreganja!

Thank you Captain Kronic! :welcome:

It's hard to find much info on William's Wonder. I've read that they won't flower outdoors and that it has to be induced indoors. Very mysterious.

I'm surprised it's popular anywhere, from having such a hard time finding out anything about it.

I didn't know there were several different varieties of it, but doesn't surprise me because of the myth and lore surrounding WW.

I'll check out your grow. Thanks bro ;)

shit bro thats some nice looking buds:blunt:

they look frosty! but you were right the bottom buds look allot more frosty because of the light being too close, but this is very good to know..gives us a better understanding on these led lights hight above our plants..

in that pic with the buds in the box, the ones on the right were those tops bleaches? or is it the pic?

very nice grow brother.. the best led grow i have seen without any side lighting or light mover or anything.. great job.

I would take those plants any-day.. hope i can grow some plants like yours;)

thanks for all the great info, ive learn allot from you!

Anyone restricted to a small confined area would be more then happy with those results in my opinion. Thanks for the wealth of info exposed on this thread by you and others. I think it's very generous of you guys with the ability to have much larger harvests expending your energy on grows that help the average person who's only hope is to be able to self medicate until the next small batch is done. :bravo:

I had no idea LED's could do that! That light appears to be more than a match for an HID of similar wattage.

I agree with what everyone else has said on this journal....really nice jobx20.

Just to recap from my perspective, as an interested observer, this grow demonstrated the following:

1.)Hempy style=yield, ease.
2.)OC+, ditto
3.)LED.....they're for real, folks.

Man these lights make some of the most beautiful flowers I've seen... Nice..

The GLH spectra series lights seems to bring out picture quality flowers every time...

SS can we meet up in a couple of weeks...lol :cool:

I love em! LOVE THEM! I have never seen so much frost...maybe it's circumstantial, or environmental, but nothing has changed in 3 years except the light, and sometimes the food. BUT NEVER ANYTHING THIS FROSTY!!!!

Love it SS!!!!

-Go

Beautiful plants! What are the genetics of that Sunset Kush, and do any of the seed banks have it?:bravo:

shit bro thats some nice looking buds:blunt:

they look frosty! but you were right the bottom buds look allot more frosty because of the light being too close, but this is very good to know..gives us a better understanding on these led lights hight above our plants..

in that pic with the buds in the box, the ones on the right were those tops bleaches? or is it the pic?

Those are bleached areas from when the light was down at 8-9".

very nice grow brother.. the best led grow i have seen without any side lighting or light mover or anything.. great job.

The 300w Spectra is a *really* good match for the DR-80 tent. The 90 degree lens angle, size of the tent and reflective walls, and 300w of LED light worked very well.

The fact that the light worked best in bloom at least 14" from the canopy is a big deal, because at that distance there is very good coverage, intensity, penetration, and probably good color blending also.

The "sweet spot" for this light is sweet indeed because lots of good things happened at that distance, and nothing was compromised.

I would take those plants any-day.. hope i can grow some plants like yours;)

well, unless those were someone else's plants at your last harvest, you've already grown plants like this or nicer ;)

thanks for all the great info, ive learn allot from you!

and I from you, thanks bro!

Anyone restricted to a small confined area would be more then happy with those results in my opinion. Thanks for the wealth of info exposed on this thread by you and others. I think it's very generous of you guys with the ability to have much larger harvests expending your energy on grows that help the average person who's only hope is to be able to self medicate until the next small batch is done. :bravo:

It really warmed my heart to read this, thank you molotov.

That post was exactly what I needed to energize me for the next grow ;).

Those are bleached areas from when the light was down at 8-9".

ya thats what i thought, it sucks because that bleaching really messes ur buds up. ive notice with my bleaching that the buds will not grow in that area and the resin will suffer big time.

The 300w Spectra is a *really* good match for the DR-80 tent. The 90 degree lens angle, size of the tent and reflective walls, and 300w of LED light worked very well.

The fact that the light worked best in bloom at least 14" from the canopy is a big deal, because at that distance there is very good coverage, intensity, penetration, and probably good color blending also.

The "sweet spot" for this light is sweet indeed because lots of good things happened at that distance, and nothing was compromised.

ya around 14" seems to be a good spot, but who know maybe 16" would do better? this is something that will come out latter on once we get more grows and growers using these lights.. its crazy because everyone thinks the lights have to be real close to get good results witch is true for the other leds ive used, but not for these 3w led lights.. its funny how all the led company's were saying three 1w leds were better then one 3w led, ive always knew that was BS.. and i can say the 1w cant touch the 3w leds.. very smart move on Mikes part. he truly did a good job on these lights.. finally we have found some leds that can flower a plant great. I am very happy because i do really enjoy growing with leds, its allot of fun because its something new to learn..

well, unless those were someone else's plants at your last harvest, you've already grown plants like this or nicer ;)
ya but you just used OC+ and 300w of leds and pulled some great plants. i had 600w of leds;) I truly feel the 300w units are a way better choice, over the one 600w unit.. i much rather have two 300's over the one 600w for sure. its allot most adjustable and easy to fine tune.

and I from you, thanks bro!
their is no I in team

I had no idea LED's could do that! That light appears to be more than a match for an HID of similar wattage.

I agree with what everyone else has said on this journal....really nice jobx20.

Just to recap from my perspective, as an interested observer, this grow demonstrated the following:

1.)Hempy style=yield, ease.
2.)OC+, ditto
3.)LED.....they're for real, folks.

Thank you Doc!

Agree with all three points, and hempy buckets combined with a CRF like OC+ is a method I'm going to continue to use.

It's simple, low-maintenance, and it works just as well or better than more complex and labor-intensive setups.

Effective LED light with simple heat-management requirements.

Simple and complete nutes that you apply once at the start of the grow.

Simple and effective Hempy bucket grow method.

combined with the guidance available at websites like this one, lots of people could be growing their own meds.

Thank you Doc!

Agree with all three points, and hempy buckets combined with a CRF like OC+ is a method I'm going to continue to use.

It's simple, low-maintenance, and it works just as well or better than more complex and labor-intensive setups.

Effective LED light with simple heat-management requirements.

Simple and complete nutes that you apply once at the start of the grow.

Simple and effective Hempy bucket grow method.

combined with the guidance available at websites like this one, lots of people could be growing their own meds.

its just a killer setup theirs nothing more to say.. all 3 working together kick ass.

Man these lights make some of the most beautiful flowers I've seen... Nice..

The GLH spectra series lights seems to bring out picture quality flowers every time...

SS can we meet up in a couple of weeks...lol :cool:

Now that I got distances worked out a little bit, the next harvest should look even nicer.

I wish we could meet up dogs. Maybe after society comes to it's senses about medical marijuana we can do just that.

take care and thanks bro ;)

Beautiful plants! What are the genetics of that Sunset Kush, and do any of the seed banks have it?:bravo:

Sunset Kush is a cross I made with some stored pollen from Northern Lights #2/William's Wonder, which I used to pollinate a Violator Kush female.

The genetics are unique as far as I know, so no seed bank would have it. I'm going to do my best to preserve it, as I have two clones from Vicky that will be kept as mother plants.

I also have five Sunset Kush seeds left, and I back-crossed one of Vicky's lower buds to the same pollen, so I should have a few more seeds if they formed well.

Personally, I think Sunset Kush is an improvement on VK.

thanks brother ;)

Back
Top Bottom