300w LED - Sunset Kush

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Sunset Kush by Setting S

hey bro, i just had a quick question. how much of the oc+ would u recommend putting in my soil?
thanks you

In soil, I would go with 1-1.5 Tbsp per gallon of container size, and with soilless media 2-2.5.

That's slightly higher than what Scotts recommends, but it's near-impossible to burn your plants with OC+, so there's quite a bit of latitude and safety when you dose the soil.

It works better if you mix it into the soil evenly when you fill your pots rather than top-dressing later.

Re: 420 Cannasumer Reports - GrowLEDHydro Spectra 300w LED / Sunset Kush by Setting S

scotts needs to add a column to their chart for "super heavy feeders"

In soil, I would go with 1-1.5 Tbsp per gallon of container size, and with soilless media 2-2.5.

That's slightly higher than what Scotts recommends, but it's near-impossible to burn your plants with OC+, so there's quite a bit of latitude and safety when you dose the soil.

It works better if you mix it into the soil evenly when you fill your pots rather than top-dressing later.

i honestly didnt think u would get on tonight and answer me so quick, thank you . well got a little inpatient i did 8 tbl for my 5 gal of soil, a bit over what u said, but like u said it wont burn so i should be ok, right? i also mixed it in 3 inch from top.

yep, that should be OK.

3" from the top will work just fine, but the best results are obtained by mixing it in evenly before potting.

what kind of soil are you using it with?

scotts needs to add a column to their chart for "super heavy feeders"

I'm wondering where MJ falls in the plant kingdom as regards feeding requirements.

I wonder if they require higher nute levels than say, tomato plants?

On that application chart, Scotts has three different rates, low, medium and high. In soilless media, they recommend the high rate, and in high-leach situations, they recommend the high rate.

They do address heavy feeders, but not super heavy gluttons ;):

LOW Rates for sensitive plants and when using liquid feed
MED Rates for nursery stock
HIGH Rates for heavy feeding crops

ok well hopfully some of them will go down for after i gave it a good watering just after trans plant.

i am using FF happy frog. i used oceans forest last grow and i wanted to try this one cuz it has more in it.

I dont know SS..ive wondered myslef actually...it would make sense to me that many years of breeding at 1500ppms might make some strains use more nutes faster.

Most people I know also dont grow tomatoes in bug free, ideal 18 degree temp spreads, with perfect humility, pumping in C02 to the leaves, 02 to the roots, and as many lumens as possible for at least 12 hours a day. So i figure pot needs more nutes than regular plants, just to make sure the gets the most out of the pimped growing conditions we (try to) provide for them.

In soil, it should work just fine 3" down, but if you wind up liking it, I'd mix it in on the next run.

I'm not familiar with FF Happy Frog soil, but I know some growers love the stuff and do very well with it.

i re did it, i had the extra soil so i took it back out and re did my soil with oc+, seen as i just put it in there anyway, im sure i cant hurt. and should hopefully be better. i was happy with th OF so im sure this stuff is good to

did u use anything else besides the oc+ for your grow during veg/flower?

I dont know SS..ive wondered myslef actually...it would make sense to me that many years of breeding at 1500ppms might make some strains use more nutes.

Most people I know also dont grow tomatoes in bug free, ideal 18 degree temp spreads, with perfect humility, pumping in C02 to the leaves, 02 to the roots, and as many lumens as possible for at least 12 hours a day. So i figure pot needs more nutes than regular plants, just to make sure the get the most out of the pimped growing conditions we provide for them.

I was thinking more of in an outdoor environment, with everything really pushed to the max and all else equal, but I don't have enough experience growing MJ outdoors to know how it compares to tomato plants as regards nutes.

In my limited experience, it seems that outside of cal-mag, cannabis and tomato plants are fairly close in nute requirements.

In any case, I'm not interested in doing any side-by-sides with tomatoes to find out, lol.

i re did it, i had the extra soil so i took it back out and re did my soil with oc+, seen as i just put it in there anyway, im sure i cant hurt. and should hopefully be better. i was happy with th OF so im sure this stuff is good to

I was going to suggest dumping it out, mixing it all up, and putting it back in, but I didn't know if you had put the plants in there already. It does work better incorporated evenly into the medium, so I'm glad you were able to re-do it.

did u use anything else besides the oc+ for your grow during veg/flower?

Yes, in early veg I fed them twice with FF Grow Big Hydro, but only because I was using a soilless medium and it seemed to take a while for the OC+ to start working, so I fed them a couple times with the Grow Big to kick things off. After that, it was just the OC+ and water.

really u didnt add anything during flowering? the OC+ work that well?
do u think it would be ok to use somethin like molasses? toward the end?

really u didnt add anything during flowering? the OC+ work that well?
do u think it would be ok to use somethin like molasses? toward the end?

You can add other stuff, like molasses or other carb products, bloom boosters, etc,., but I wanted to test how the OC+ worked all by itself, so that's all I used after the two early feedings with the FF Grow Big Hydro.

which completed grow did u use the OC+ for?

This very journal. The two Sunset Kush plants were grown with OC+ in 70/30 perlite/turface hempy buckets.

I'm using another controlled-release fertilizer called Dynamite in 60/40 coco/perlite hempy buckets in my current journal:

300W LED vs. 400W HID Demonstration

I'm going to try to run this grow on just the Dynamite, but I'm going to leave the door open to adding something else down the line if it looks like the Dynamite isn't cutting it in some way. Both the OC+ and the Dynamite have produced the nicest flowers and vegetables I've grown, so it doesn't surprise me that they work well for MJ.

It's an important and special plant, but it's not a special plant when it comes to food.

soapbox mode/off

;)

oh ok cool. ur using the purple DM right? ya l;ast night i went out to get the red DM but could not find any of the DM product, so i got the OC+

damn bro just over 4 oz from those two plants, im very impressed, well done mate, the quality looks nice too.

oh ok cool. ur using the purple DM right? ya l;ast night i went out to get the red DM but could not find any of the DM product, so i got the OC+

The OC+ will do a great job, but seems to work better when temps aren't too high.

damn bro just over 4 oz from those two plants, im very impressed, well done mate, the quality looks nice too.

thank you, staffy ;)

Back
Top Bottom