300W LiteBrite (LED) Multi-Strain Perpetual Grow

You, sir, are one lucking f'ing man. Tell your wife, "Smoking HOT."

Thanks Zombo, and the wife says thanks too :).

I like this one better, hope the "powers that be" don't mind a few shots.
IMG_41531.jpg

LOL, yes there is a blue mystic plant at day 30 in that photo somewhere :slide:

Northern Lights day 8 of 12/12 and just showing hairs this morning. Today was the first day I have seen noticable upward growth, she grew almost an inch over night. I really like how green and healthy she looks, and she almost has the color and structure of my Blue Widow that hermied so I don't feel so bad about losing the Blue Widow now :)

IMGP1897.JPG

IMGP1899.JPG

IMGP1898.JPG

Things are still on track and doing well. They were all almost ready for dinner so I snapped a few shots.

Blue Mystic twins day 16
IMG_42112.JPG

IMG_4212.JPG

IMG_42141.JPG

Northern Lights day 14
IMG_42161.JPG

IMG_42171.JPG

IMG_4218.JPG

Blue Mystic day 39
IMG_42282.JPG

IMG_42291.JPG

3rd Dimension day 40
IMG_4238.JPG

IMG_4240.JPG

BC,

Man those are some nice, delicious girls! When they are done, they will look and smell soooo good you will feel guilty smoking them... pretty sure. :ganjamon: The NL is progressing wonderfully, bushy, nice and green. And the BM looks really awesome with lots of crystals, as does the 3D!
well done man, well done.

Thanks guys, I will try and get some macros up soon.

A few quick updates from the cave.

Northern Lights day 20 flowering, day 14 since first hair, currently 17" tall.
IMG_42431.JPG

IMG_42441.JPG

Dutch Passion Brainstorm day 14 from seed
IMG_4260.JPG

Blue Mystic day 44
IMGP1954.jpg

IMGP1965.JPG

IMG_4252.JPG

3rd Dimension day 45
IMGP1957.jpg

IMG_42561.jpg

I am still having to run my 250hps with my 180w LED to keep temps in the mid 70's. Ducting to the cool tube has been removed and a clip-on fan is blowing into the tube and across the tops.
IMG_42471.JPG

Hi Batcave,

I am happy to have found your grow, and it it looking very nice, indeed!

I did notice something, and I would like your opinion. I myself, have become fed up with the plastic pots! As I soil grower, they just are not the optimum grow vessel. I have been looking at smart pots, roots pots, etc., and have decided to use them on my next round. Most of the 'problems' from users that I have come across are from improper usage (sitting on a cold, hard floor), poor soil, or just poor plants. It would appear that experienced growers, using them properly, love them! Just wanted your opinion at how well they work! Have you witnessed air-pruning with your own grows? Have the roots touched the walls? Would you say the extra root aeration suggested, does promote larger root growth?

I grow organically, in promix, and have a very aggressive root program. My current grow was germed in 1g's, then transplanted into 5g's at week 3 veg. They are nearing the end of week 6 flower, and have appeared to have maxed out their 5g pot. It was noticed during week 5, and then confirmed when I pulled a plant to inspect in week 6! I feel is it too late to transplant this late in the cycle for me, anyways! (flower is 9-10 weeks for this grow)

I will be staying tuned! :rollit:

PS - now my wife wants her boobs on 420!

Hi Batcave,
Have you witnessed air-pruning with your own grows? Have the roots touched the walls? Would you say the extra root aeration suggested, does promote larger root growth?

PS - now my wife wants her boobs on 420!

Welcome aboard Jeff1bar! Grab your camera and get to snapping her pics bro, I am sure everyone would appreciate it :yahoo:.

I will only use fabric pots until something better comes along. I equate my rough start a little over a year ago to using hard pots. The root system in the smartpots, roots pots, etc... are insane and they do air-prune themselves. From what I have seen in my grows the fabric pots have close to double if not more roots and I have yet to have any get rootbound in a fabric pot. I also get a good wet & dry cycle with them, hard pots take 7 to 10 days to dry out while using my LED's, 3 days in fabric pots. I have become partial to the Root's Organics fabric pots, cheaper than the smartpots and the 1gal & 2gal pots are a little taller and narrower than the smartpots which allows more plant space. I like the 2 gallon size which will allow me to run 5 or 6 medium sized plants in my 4x2 space without too much crowding. I am planning an 8 plant SOG in 1 gallon Root's pots at the beginning of April, 4 strains 2 plants each. I will snap some pics of the 3D and Blue Mystic roots when harvested in 15 to 20 days.

Welcome aboard Jeff1bar! Grab your camera and get to snapping her pics bro, I am sure everyone would appreciate it :yahoo:.

I will only use fabric pots until something better comes along. I equate my rough start a little over a year ago to using hard pots. The root system in the smartpots, roots pots, etc... are insane and they do air-prune themselves. From what I have seen in my grows the fabric pots have close to double if not more roots and I have yet to have any get rootbound in a fabric pot. I also get a good wet & dry cycle with them, hard pots take 7 to 10 days to dry out while using my LED's, 3 days in fabric pots. I have become partial to the Root's Organics fabric pots, cheaper than the smartpots and the 1gal & 2gal pots are a little taller and narrower than the smartpots which allows more plant space. I like the 2 gallon size which will allow me to run 5 or 6 medium sized plants in my 4x2 space without too much crowding. I am planning an 8 plant SOG in 1 gallon Root's pots at the beginning of April, 4 strains 2 plants each. I will snap some pics of the 3D and Blue Mystic roots when harvested in 15 to 20 days.

Hey Batcave,

Glad to hear they work great when used properly! I am going to try the smart pots, as they are available at my hydro shop, and fit the height I am looking for (more width than height available in my space).

I look forward to checking out your upcoming April grow as well!

I have an upcoming grow slated to begin posting the first week of March. Trying 5 Master Kush and 5 Chem Dog, using 7g and 10g smart pots. Pushing a crazy organic steriod schedule (1 super agressive, 1 ultra agressive), and using 1800W LED (5 units), diode wattage, 1300W actual rough consumption. Should be a blast..................but until then, I'll be watching yours!

Keep up the good work!

:420:

Endive, she has a ripe fruit, skunky, and astringent smell to her right now, but only when you mess with her, almost neutral scent if you leave her alone. She will end up with a over ripened fruity skunk smell when done. Love the smell and taste of the Blue Mystics :). The 3rd Dimension overpowers them all with her straight up lemon pledge smell.

Jeff1bar, sounds good and make sure to start a journal so we can watch the show.

Bro!! Wicked looking plants, boy do they look tasty!! That blue mystic looks fantastic!! Bet they are loving the extra hps right now!!

Since they have been under the 250hps I have been watching them real close and trying to compare to them last 3D and Blue Mystic that were done soley under LED, from the past photos at the sime time frames I am not seeing any real difference. I might be replacing the hps tomorrow since our weather is beginnng to stabilize.

Wow, well, I guess that means the LED's are definitely doing the trick!! Very cool. I am growing out a blue mystic from seed (came from Tulare Alternative Relief in tulare, ca) they USUALLY have in clone and seed what they sell and the blue dream there was wayyyy tasty!! I got 3 clones from them before I left, one turned out to be male (found out later one of the budtenders took 10 gdp clones and switched them for some blue dream seeds he had started - some were male) anyway he was fired for it. They were giving away freebies (seeds or clones or hash) for every 100 spent - I had, at one time, about 20 grams of hash just laying in my stash box!!

3rd Dimension and Blue Mystic are almost finished

Blue Mystic day 50
IMG_42621.JPG

IMG_42641.JPG

IMG_4278.JPG

Day 51 3rd Dimension
IMG_42661.JPG

Blue Mystic day 25
IMG_42701.JPG

Back
Top Bottom