300W LiteBrite (LED) Multi-Strain Perpetual Grow

Batcave

Good day to all!

This will be my first journal and I guess my introduction here at 420mag. I followed a few of the LED brethren over here, seems that 420mag folks are more acceptable of us LiteBrite users :). I couldn't get through a grow on 2 different other boards without some asshat bashing LED's or my growing with them. I have a 250w and a 400w digital HID, but I just love the ease of use and so much less hassle in my favorite hobby. For me personally it is less heat, less watering, less cost to run, and some incredible end product.

I am just growing for personal use only, and only a few at a time. I am an extreme ADHD patient with Insomnia on top of that. Doctors tried everything and I ended up in the hospital twice over a 3 year period due to the drugs they had me taking. My MJ meds are the only thing that can allow me to focus on one thing and get at least 2 hours sleep a day.

OK, lets gets the show started! Please no LED wars, I have done quite well with them for a mostly new grower. Yes I still make mistakes :)

I am running 300w of LED, two 90w triband RBW and a 120w Quadband RBOW, in a 4x2x5 tent in my chill room (aka Batcave). My wife did the room in black carpet, black walls, black furniture, 60" LCD/XBOX, surround sound, etc... I practically live in the room and I am home every day at least 12 hours a day so it gives me time to tinker. Incredible wife and I think everyone should own one! LOL J/K :)

OK lets get cracking!

Equipment:
4x2x5 tent
2x 90w Triband UFO's
1x 120w Quadband LED panel
4" 170cfm fan
8 pound carbon filter
OZN-1 Ozone generator
1 gallon bucket ONA
2x 6" clip-on fans
1x 9" fan on the floor
4x yo-yo's for easy light height adjustment

Soil and additives:
Fox Farm 4 equal parts soil mixture of Ocean Forest/Happy Frog/Light Warrior/Perlite
Fox Farm Trio Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom
Maxicrop liquid seaweed
Cal Mag Plus
SuperNatural Green Stay 1-0-0
Superthrive
Atami Bloombastic
Bushmaster, only if needed
Blackstrap Un-Sulphured Molasses
2 gallon Smart Pots & 1 gallon grow bags

Currently I am at day 25 of 12/12 with two White Widow clones that came from a friends fast maturing (60 days on average) mom, and a CH9 Afghani Milk from seed that was vegged under 125W cfl for 14 days. The widows both had hairs at day 6 and trich's at day 8 of 12/12 and are frosting up very nicely and fast, they only had 3 days of veg before throwing them into 12/12. The original widow clone is now my mom chilling under 20/4 in a small veg/clone cab in my closet, I am testing the two widow clones for the possibility of a LED SOG. The CH9 was super cropped to grow out wards instead of up wards, snatched 2 clones off her 12 days into her 12/12 and they are already rooted and happy little campers.

Taller widow is 22"
Shorter widow is 19"
You will also see a DNA Rocklock freebie I just took 4 clones from and pitched in the tent 2 days ago.

I am just a novice grower but I am happy to answer any questions about my grow if I can. Comments are welcome as long as they are on topic.

Group shot under the LED's From left to right WW, WW, AM, RL
IMGP0778.JPG

Taller White Widow
IMGP0784.jpg

Trio shot
IMGP0786.jpg

CH9 Afghani Milk bud forming
IMGP0798.jpg

Another trio
IMGP0783.jpg

White Widow
IMGP0792.jpg

White Widow
IMGP0788.jpg

Fan, filter and ozone generator
IMGP0780.JPG

White Widow
IMGP0776.jpg

White Widow
IMGP07751.jpg

Rocklock
IMGP0787.jpg

Re: 300W LiteBrite (LED) Multi-strain grow Day 25 12/12

"LightBrite" :laughtwo: Hahahahahaha!!!!! Awesome!

But seriously, your setup looks amazing.

Thanks endive, it has taken almost a year to dial in my setup but it works well for me.

A few details to add to my origianl post
Ambient room temp of the room the tent is in 77 to 80
Tent temps with everything running 79 to 84
Tent temps with lights out 77 to 78
Humidity stays between 40% and 50%

Plants have been getting 50% nutes with watering every 4 to 5 days for the last 25 days, will up the nutes to 75% on the next watering I will be adding a dose of calmag+. Starting to see a very slight MG deficiency on the small widow and the next watering should be tomorrow or Sunday. I learned in the past the hard way that it is better to under feed than over feed and burn them, so I go lighter until needed.

Here are a couple more pics from this morning. I will try and keep the updates coming every 5 to 7 days, maybe less if time allows.

Taller White widow bud
IMGP07901.jpg

Shorter widow bud
IMGP0789.jpg

Dude... very nice and love the LED's. Thinking of switching on my next grow. Currently using CFL's & T-5's for veg and HPS & T-5's for flower. I'm looking for a nice LED setup for the right price to make the switch.

:goodluck: and :welcome: to 420 :reading420magazine:

herbsnbuds, thanks! I had the two 90w ufo's from my previous grows and just added the 120w led the day I went 12/12 for ths grow. They are all from the same place, I got the 2 ufos for $260 shipped for both and the 120w for $205 shipped. Not bad for the prices.

Hey, how far are you keepin the LEDs above the canopy? Have you changed the distance since going 12/12?

endive, the LED's have been 8" to 10" above the canopy the whole time, clones were 10" when put into 12/12 so they just about doubled during the stretch. I am hoping to break out the good camera either today or tomorrow to try and get some better shots.

Quick photo update.

Full shot of the tent
IMG_35082.JPG

Closer tent shot
IMG_35112.JPG

Widow
IMG_35171.JPG

Afghani Milk
IMG_35181.JPG

Widow
IMG_35161.JPG

Widows
IMG_3514.JPG

Widow
IMG_3515.JPG

Day 27 12/12, just fed the widows so I snapped a few pics of the widow and one of the afghani milk. I will take a few more tomorrow when I feed the AM. Tomorrow will be the 4 week mark of 12/12

IMGP0824.JPG

IMGP0825.JPG

IMGP0815.JPG

IMGP0816.JPG

IMGP0811.JPG

IMGP0812.JPG

IMGP0805.JPG

Afghani Milk
IMGP0803.JPG

Hi Batcave, great setup and nice strain choices. I'm interested in how all three turn out as I'm growing widows now and just started a Rocklock. Also looking for an Afghani strain.
Your girls are all looking super healthy and very well cared for. Great job. plus reps.

Thanks man, you, thecheese and irishboy are the reason I moved over here. I have a Nirvana Papaya (Mango) in my veg cab that is 2 weeks old from seed as of today, just topped yesterday, most likely will be a mom so I am glad to see you growing your Mango too. A friend of mine grows the CH9 Afghani Milk and it is some powerful smoke, they recommend it for night and I whole heartedly agree with them :).

Thats cool, thecheese and Irish are turning out some great grows. I've still got lots to learn but loads of good info here.:thumb: and things get better each time.

I'm planning to top my Rocklock today , although they recommend it for SOG style growing I want it as a mother so I hope it'll clone well.
I'll add the CH9 Afghani Milk to my list. Haven't had much luck with my Afghani Hindu Kush( I think it's supersensitive to nutes), doesn't seem to like the pro mix for seedling stage. But I want an Afi in my mum space so I'm still shopping.

I think you'll like the Mango, altho I haven't chopped yet, the buds are very sticky and smell great, very dense. All encouraging signs. I forgot to mention that my Mangos went thru a reveg attempt so they might not be the best example of the strain. I have 2 extras that have been under my original 288w for 4 or 5 weeks. They didn't have the reveg issue since they are in a different cabinet. Finishing in days I expect.

Interested in following this grow. Very curious about LED's. Best of luck :)

Glad to have you aboard Mr Vega. I'm just a novice LED grower, but there are some rockin' LED grows going on right now on 420Mag, I am just trying to duplicate some of what they are succesfully doing.

How far are your LED's from your plants? I grow with bubbles but love my LED's

The LED's stay 8" to 10" depending on how I have the plants rotated. I rotate and switch their positions several times a day to make sure the whole plant is getting light.

Mmmmick, I took two clones from the Rocklock and it only took took 6 days to show roots in a Rapid Rooter surrounded by Light Warrior moistened with water and the maxicrop liquid seaweed, both clones rooted. No dome, just misted them two or three times a day while they were under a 125w cfl 20/4 light schedule.

Yea i saw that when i read up farther so i edited it, why ask a question twice. I have been keeping mine about 4-5" since starting flowering and they are growing great with very little stretching

Back
Top Bottom