300watt compact fluorescent?? any good?

TAILS

needa kno if 300watt cfl is enough watts 4 one plant. and if so, anybody kno were i can get em? looked in walmart saw none... someone get bak to me i needa kno !!!

do you mean 300w equivalent, or actually 300watts of power drain?

Im using 3x20w (100w equiv) between 2 plants and they are loving it.

Just be aware that using low wattage cfl's you will get a better yield if you keep your plant small ie you should switch to flowering as soon as you get your 5th set of real leaves.
a plant matured longer and bigger in size under weak cfls will produce inferior buds when compared to a small plant in the same light due to bigger plants using more energy overhead just to exist.

source: 'Marijuana BUDS for less -SeeMoreBuds'

the biggest cfl ive found off the shelf in home depot was 95w actual 150equiv. go with more lights if you cant find one . also check out one of the sponsors on this site:Namaste:

The answer to your question "is a 300 watt bulb big enough to grow 1 plant", is yes it will grow fine. Though more information on how you plan to grow would allow you to receive a much more informative answer.

The answer to "where to find them" is sitting right in front of you. Just use that wonderful device called a computer and you can search massive amounts of places for what ever you are looking for.

A couple of thoughts on using a single 300 watt cfl:
1. 300 watt bulbs are harder to find (think about a bulb dieing in the middle of a grow)
2. twelve 23 watt bulbs give the same lumens at a little less consumption. (small grows do very well with SCROG setups)
3. two 150 watt HPS will give you around 70% more lumens.(though more heat to deal with)

hope this helps,
Prairie

respect goes a long way,,,,

wats a guy gotta do 2 get some help around here !!!!

i'd say,,, learn to spell,, and learn how to ask nicely,,,but then,, i'm old school so i don't think what i say matters... good luck...

You can get the 300watt cfls at home depot they range from $14.97 to $19.57. I was going to use the 300 watt bulbs aswell but decided to go with 8x100 watt equivelnt cfls instead, good luck hope it helped

300 watt CFL's at Home Depot work great for veg. I'm pretty sure they are 150 watt actual and 300w equivalent, if your using the same ones I have. They are massive but work fine.:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom