315W LEC 4200K Bulb - Animal Cookies Clone

Ronpaaaul

Hey guys,

First grow here. I went with:
Sunsystem 315w lec
4x4 Apollo grow tent
Tower oscillating fan
440cfm inline exhaust, 6 in
6 in air intake with a rigged window screen as an impromptu filter without losing intake

I'm running the 3 part base from cutting edge solutions

Monitoring pH, using RO water, and keeping track of my TDS

I'm currently in week 2 of flower so I apologize for the delay but I'll do a quick recap.

Got a clone, tried some supercropping. I got a little carried away and split through the exterior membrane. Did that three times but healed well with duct tape. So I learned halfway through veg that I'll never just let a plant grow out ever again. It's a 5 foot bush but there's just so much to penetrate. I ran into height problems and supercropped what became my main cola but it turned out pretty well so far!

My heat has been about 80 dropping to 72 at night with rh of about 55. I have a small humidifier arriving in the mail today.

At this point my biggest question is how do you guys go about defoliating? Bad idea to do in flower? What's your experience with CES? Finally, do you think a 315 w Lec is suitable for a 4x4? I considered adding some LEDs

You can check our lights LED Grow Lights
Hey guys,

First grow here. I went with:
Sunsystem 315w lec
4x4 Apollo grow tent
Tower oscillating fan
440cfm inline exhaust, 6 in
6 in air intake with a rigged window screen as an impromptu filter without losing intake

I'm running the 3 part base from cutting edge solutions

Monitoring pH, using RO water, and keeping track of my TDS

I'm currently in week 2 of flower so I apologize for the delay but I'll do a quick recap.

Got a clone, tried some supercropping. I got a little carried away and split through the exterior membrane. Did that three times but healed well with duct tape. So I learned halfway through veg that I'll never just let a plant grow out ever again. It's a 5 foot bush but there's just so much to penetrate. I ran into height problems and supercropped what became my main cola but it turned out pretty well so far!

My heat has been about 80 dropping to 72 at night with rh of about 55. I have a small humidifier arriving in the mail today.

At this point my biggest question is how do you guys go about defoliating? Bad idea to do in flower? What's your experience with CES? Finally, do you think a 315 w Lec is suitable for a 4x4? I considered adding some LEDs

Thanks for your responses!

GreenMachinee, what is your recommendation on supplemental lighting? I agree, I think I'd need more canopy penetration if I were to do more than 2 plants in a 4x4. Here are a few pics to catch up.

2_temp.png

is it natural to see the older fan leaves turn yellow, brown, and wilt or should these be pruned. I'm starting to notice a few towards the bottom of the plant

It is natural and I just pluck them when I see it. Out of 100s of leaves some of the lower ones that get no light are bound to die off. I do not have supplemental lighting in my 4x3 tent and they are doing fine so its not necessary but it would help. If I were you I would just stick with the LEC for now. Have you heard of lollipopping?? just take of all of the tiny growth at the bottom few inches of your plant because it will waste energy that would otherwise go to your top colas. The bottom growth wont amount to anything useable anyway so its a win win. It also allows more airflow through your plant.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Thanks for pushing me to finish this journal, I needed it and have been busy lately. Alright so as of last update I began my flush on 8/12 with pH ed RO water. I began to see a lot of issues with buds bending branches so Ill definitely be using tomato cages if I choose to grow like this again. Moved her into a 4x8 with a divider in the middle. Will post pics today, expecting to harvest tomorrow. Really satisfied with the LEC technology, I actually ordered another 315 for next grow. More pics coming today!

GreenMachine, you actually got me to do it this time lol.

20160813_000301.jpg

I don't think this pic does justice of how well she did with no real training. Granted first grow but the problem I hear most people have with efficient lighting choices is penetration being the most worrysome thing. Even my lower buds were pretty decent by harvest...that's not to say I haven't learned a thing or two about what to do differently

20160826_181615.jpg

Top buds, fan leaved grew with minor light burn before any flowering luckily the buds weren't affected. I gave her a 15 day flush as I've read to be decent with pHed RO water. Chopped her down at exactly 59 days after trichomes were mostly nice and milky.

20160827_060252.jpg

Dried for 7 days. My goal was 6-8 oz's for this one plant and I succeeded!

20160904_013401.jpg

20160904_013511.jpg

20160904_013814.jpg

20160904_013821.jpg

So I'm happy with my first grow :) .
For future reference I really need some advice on perserving smell. I noticed when drying they lost the entire "dank" smell and just began smelling like chlorophyll (almost said chlorophorm, long day!) hopefully a good cure will do the trick.

Alright well thanks a lot for actually responding to this, I appreciate it and have since moved to a 4x8 and doubled up on LEC 315w fixtures with 4200ks but plan to get the flower bulbs if the budget allows it around that time, we'll see! Last thing, holy hell trimming takes forever haha.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom