315Watt CMH Lighting: Specs, Coverage, Pics

Do you think CMH is a viable alternative to LED?

• Yes

Votes: 43 74.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I need to read more.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Isn't a Poll a sheep.

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Philips 315 are 1.9 uMol/sec
Yeah they are pretty good Yellowbelly.
Im using a Sunmaster Pro 3200K, came with broad reflector kit, then a month later the company changes to Philips... Grrrr.... Lol. So my globe is,only 1.72..
now I feel all inferior....hehe.

Hi all. Just finished reading through this thread. Very interested as I currently have six dim-able Sun System using Phillips 3200k 315cmh bulbs. Love the dim-able system paired with this bulb, really allows lowering the light early on. Can't compare them with anything else as this is the first go around with them. As for final weight we shall see as this grow is in a 48 hour dark cycle as we speak.

Mate that is bloody beautiful!
Its all in changing your growing style with these things, and not much, mostly canopy level.
Top Job please let me know the dry weight per light after harvest.
Will check your journal out mate, I always miss some....a lot actually....sorry.

315w Philips Master CDM Lamps

These state-of-the art lamps generate a greater level of useable plant light (photosynthetically active radiation) and run with a blinding intensity that's immediately apparent to the naked eye. The lamp is full-spectrum so it will produce the goods in both veg and flower – expect to see increased growth rates, tighter internodes, an improvement in overall vigour and an increase in final weight. It also has an increase in the red spectrum which gives a definate boost during flowering.

Philips GreenPower 930 Elite Agro CDM Lamp – full spectrum lamp with an increased red spectrum
Philips MasterColour 942 Daylight CDM Lamp – full spectrum lamp with extra blue light for veg
Run at blinding intensity that's clearly visable with the naked eye
Ideal to give your plants a boost during flowering to increase yields
Highly efficient Philips 930 Agro puts out 1.9 micromole (umol) per watt of electricity
Highly efficient Philips 942 Daylight puts out 1.7 micromole (umol) per watt of electricity
Extremely high PAR levels on both lamps

Cheers Yellow Fellow! Hehe.
Thanks mate, I got a lot of shit on at home atm and its,good to have someone to show the bits I havent had time to chase up. Cheers.

I posted my silly little video. Until you and Lowrider 72 post your source, I'll assume you both have been duped at best.
Lol. Mate, you might want to read above and learn. That would be Philips info.
The industry leaders in horticultural bulb tech...

I love my CMH lights. I ran one 315 watt CMH in my 4x4 for the first grow and pulled just over 400 grams. I recently added a second one. Now I have both in my 4x4. I only have a 4" exhaust system but I have 3 small fans blowing around in there. My temperature peaks at 86 with both 315's on. I plan on upgrading to a 4x8 tent and I will get one more 315 so I will run my 4x8 with a total of three 315 CMH fixtures.
20190508_195432.jpg
20190508_195724.jpg

I love my CMH lights. I ran one 315 watt CMH in my 4x4 for the first grow and pulled just over 400 grams. I recently added a second one. Now I have both in my 4x4. I only have a 4" exhaust system but I have 3 small fans blowing around in there. My temperature peaks at 86 with both 315's on. I plan on upgrading to a 4x8 tent and I will get one more 315 so I will run my 4x8 with a total of three 315 CMH fixtures.
20190508_195432.jpg
20190508_195724.jpg
Thats friggin awesome, and same idea I had if you wanted to smash them in 4' x 8' then 3x 315w gives great spread for very reasonable power 945w and would blow away 2 x 600w hps.

Very nice plants mate, beautiful looking girls, and thats the thing eh, the plants go nuts for it.

Win win win win win.....:ganjamon:

Thats friggin awesome, and same idea I had if you wanted to smash them in 4' x 8' then 3x 315w gives great spread for very reasonable power 945w and would blow away 2 x 600w hps.

Very nice plants mate, beautiful looking girls, and thats the thing eh, the plants go nuts for it.

Win win win win win.....:ganjamon:
I can't wait to get mine on. The reflector I'm getting is a deep 80cm mylar coated parabolic umbrella constructed for cmh. Here's my plant now which is quite happy under 250w of sodium... no sign of stretching for the light.

White Rhino 17 days.jpg

Awesome, you think they like that MH... Lol. They will literally reach for the light under CMH....
I have seen those parabolics reflectors, very efficient. I use a broader reflector that throws light sideways too, and lets you hang lights a litle lower thru venting, and a little less room needed for reflector..

Awesome, you think they like that MH... Lol. They will literally reach for the light under CMH....
I have seen those parabolics reflectors, very efficient. I use a broader reflector that throws light sideways too, and lets you hang lights a litle lower thru venting, and a little less room needed for reflector..
Think this one can come down to 8 inches. It's made of a fabric so it won't hold and reflect heat back.

[QUOTE

Lol. Mate, you might want to read above and learn. That would be Philips info.
The industry leaders in horticultural bulb tech...
[/QUOTE]

I have the Philips bulb in my SunSystem. I measured the watts out the wall and the strengh of the light. Not nearly as efficient as my COB system.

I just started off 4 plant seedlings in my 3' by 3' tent. I have the COBS turned down to only 100 watts. I might have to turn it down further because its above 25,000 LUX.

With my CMH Philips bulb. It's always blasting away at 360 total watts. And if I take my COB system and turn it up to 360 watts it puts out way more light measured with my meters.

I got 2 x 19w Philips LED globes for seedlings, mums and clones.
Why would I want to turn down my CMH, I use,it for fast Veg and then throw them to flower and it does that too.
But in my real world with no enviromental control, even with CMH my grow is lucky to get to 25C lights on, with LED I would need to heat them....extra power
Maybe your cobs are better, I think they are overpriced.... I went CMH because they are based on fact and horticultural use with proven results.
Just for you....CMH not even on the good stuff yet.....mmmm, smell it, smells gooooooood.

so goooooood.......

Hey Green lizard, Yeah I had the choice of those or focal reflectors.
I use a tent so figured more room, better spread, can get a bit of heat out with the dual reflector set up, they have vents inbuilt that lets heat escape. With 2 small 315wers you get a decent spread in 4' x 8' and drop it like a........ Lowrider....hehe.

Not trying to playing devils advocate here- I want CMH to be good, so I can go buy some. This is just something I keep bumping into.
For example-

CMH bulbs are very good at flowering, especially those with a warmer color spectrum (around 3000K), like the Philips 3100K bulb we recommend. That said, HPS bulbs are better, since they contain even more red spectrum light.Apr 1, 2019”

The current Wikipedia entry for CMH.
Just find a 3000k bulb or lower, if they make them, and that should solve that problem. Or add an LED?

Compared to the wattage and size of traditional HID, these CMH are very comparable. I think I would take this over LED. They're compact and pack watts

For larger grows tho, I think HID can never be beat. And for thickness and size of buds

Hi

I am on my second grow....currently
20190529_190827.jpg
20190529_190901.jpg
sitting now 8 days into flower......exodus cheese.......with CMH 315's. I run 3 rows of 20 plants. One row is 2.75 x 0.920......in total 12 lights over a scrog. I have been following the debates on CMH versus HID and found that a lot of people are now mixing HID's in with the CMH lights and getting excellent results.....so they say......interested to hear if anyone tried this?
Just find a 3000k bulb or lower, if they make them, and that should solve that problem. Or add an LED?

Compared to the wattage and size of traditional HID, these CMH are very comparable. I think I would take this over LED. They're compact and pack watts

For larger grows tho, I think HID can never be beat. And for thickness and size of buds
[/QUOTE

Very Nice Mountain.
Thats a nice set up you have there.
Plants going to go ballistic in flower!

630w CMH in 4' x 8' Tent......

CMH Week9......8 plants, 4 strains, no topping or training, 4 weeks,veg, no enviromental control....9L buckets of 70/30 coco.....4L watered every 5 days....

Mountain goat I'm not sure if you need to add anything to a cmh definitely not a hps because my 315 cmh will get 60% of what I get off my 1000hps so not sure if it would help anything I know hps needs help for sure my personal record is 12 Oz's in a 3x3 with a cmh (only ran 2 times start to finish in it because everybody said hps is better for yield I can now say myth busted) yea I know that ain't nothing to brag about but it was 12 Oz's of some colorful frosty smoke that just don't get big yields off but i really like it

Now my question is has anybody tried the de 630 I'm gonna retire the ole hps and was looking at 2 315s but then stumbled onto these de 630s they say will cover a 6x6 I know a de hps is better than a single was wondering about the cmh

Lol......yip....i guess its the other way around......HPS needs some help from CMH:p.

I bumped into a 630 de cmh the other day in one of the grow shops.......very impressed.....i am thinking of mixing in a few 630's with my 315's on my next run.......cannot afford to replace all the 315's with 630's just yet......I am also thinking.....more light units (315's) smoother spread ..........spoke to a guy growing with DE 630's.....his room runs at 67 watts per square foot.........what sort of wattage do you guys run per square foot? .....i'm currently at 57 watts per square foot.

Mountain goat I'm not sure if you need to add anything to a cmh definitely not a hps because my 315 cmh will get 60% of what I get off my 1000hps so not sure if it would help anything I know hps needs help for sure my personal record is 12 Oz's in a 3x3 with a cmh (only ran 2 times start to finish in it because everybody said hps is better for yield I can now say myth busted) yea I know that ain't nothing to brag about but it was 12 Oz's of some colorful frosty smoke that just don't get big yields off but i really like it

Now my question is has anybody tried the de 630 I'm gonna retire the ole hps and was looking at 2 315s but then stumbled onto these de 630s they say will cover a 6x6 I know a de hps is better than a single was wondering about the cmh

I'm at 30 watts a square foot myself I do move it around every few days except this run they got away from me and swallowed the light so I just pulled them to the wall it's super tight in there now I just wanna see how deep it will go once I see them getting heat stressed I'll bend them a little more

Following.

I bought one CMH. Thinking about another. Looks like I probably won't be disappointed in the light. Hard to find info on them.

Back
Top Bottom