315Watt CMH Lighting: Specs, Coverage, Pics

Do you think CMH is a viable alternative to LED?

• Yes

Votes: 43 74.1%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I need to read more.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Isn't a Poll a sheep.

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
I got 2, was going to try LED, but 3 CMH 315Wers in 4' x 8' I think may be perfect.
New globes out as well apparently giving even more spectrum range, especially around the red and blue .

The bulb on mine says 3KR and has extended red range. Blue looks pretty good too on the graphs. We shall see. They're more expensive the other HID's but use less energy (less heat as well) and tend to last longer.

Mate that is bloody beautiful!
Its all in changing your growing style with these things, and not much, mostly canopy level.
Top Job please let me know the dry weight per light after harvest.
Will check your journal out mate, I always miss some...
[/QUOTE]
Took a while but the final tally is in.
Under six 315 CMH A slow start with poor clones I might add
3.76lbs. dry weight so a little over 300 grams per light.
All in all a win for a new set up, next round 50% more no prob.

Thats awesome Joe! Roughly 1g-watt after a crappy start. Well done!
Lovely pic too champ.

Yeah, I think dialed you could push 2g-watt in coco. Dont be scared to get the light right into them too, they love it.
I should go an easy 1.5g-watt dry..... Even that is 2 pound.
I think a pound a 315w light is quite achievable....4 plants...4oz each...easy.
About 1.5g-watt.

Thats awesome Joe! Roughly 1g-watt after a crappy start. Well done!
Lovely pic too champ.

Yeah, I think dialed you could push 2g-watt in coco. Dont be scared to get the light right into them too, they love it.
I should go an easy 1.5g-watt dry..... Even that is 2 pound.
I think a pound a 315w light is quite achievable....4 plants...4oz each...easy.
About 1.5g-watt.
I agree and what we are pushing for and more. The lights being new to us it will take a few grows to really dial it in as to height and wattage settings during different stages of the grow. Impressed so far and we are off to the races again.

Cheers Blue, 4 strains in the one shot.
Peyote Critical, White Widow, Pineapple Chunk, Gelat OG...
Love the colours in cold temps late,flower...purples, yellows, limes, greens,browns, reds, blues, oranges.....all come out.
I got some nice shots,of plants in my grow linked in my signiture below if you want to see the rest of the pics....

Been running CMH lights x2 all day. I’m surprised at how hot they aren’t. I can touch the back of the reflector and it’s just warm.

34BFC936-1655-4BF0-A935-5BDD3C13D617.jpeg

They look awesome Al!
Well done and Welcome to CMH club...
first rule of CMH club.....
Grow sticky crazy buds and smoke them.
Hehehe.....its the only rule....

How far away from the do you have to stay with these lights? And how far into the canopy will this light go?
Hey mate, Welcome.
Keeping a nice even canopy helps a lot.
Focal reflectors have much better punch.
I used broad reflectors but you need to drop them right down for same punch..probably less...
Enjoy the awesome buds later!

I'm quite happy with my 315 watt cmh lights.. This was my first time using them..

Ok lowrider how often do you replace your bulbs I think mine might be about done it's 2 years old this week actually
Not gonna get the weight out of this run but got some frost
IMG_20190630_075818613.jpg

I'm quite happy with my 315 watt cmh lights.. This was my first time using them..
Cool mate, I checked out your,grow, it was really good. Well done.

Ok lowrider how often do you replace your bulbs I think mine might be about done it's 2 years old this week actually
Not gonna get the weight out of this run but got some frost
IMG_20190630_075818613.jpg
Philips and Sunmaster 15,000hrs....about 3 yrs....they recommend replacement after 2 years....hope,that helps.

That, Im not sure whats going on there.
I have grown LSD from barneys usually chunky nugs. Lsd25 must be different.
If cheap globes just replace them.

Ok thanks I'm battling heat and I let them get to tall for my little tent so I'm not getting circulation like I want I just happened to think that might be time for a new bulb gonna order a new light soon and might go ahead and order a bulb to

But you know what even all the wrong i got going on they still look better than the hps as far as appearance

These lsd25 are testing me in dwc I'm getting mag and p def. But I put a few in soil and they are happy healthy

Cool mate, just keep plugging away.
DWC , roots temps at optimum or they go a bit funny and can go haywire.
Go for a philips 3100K , cheap over there compared to here.

Back
Top Bottom