35 Years of Bullshit

hossua34

This was a compelling read, to me.

'Celebrating' 35 Years of Failed Pot Policies - NORML

Maybe the most interesting thing to me about it was the bar chart near the very bottom of the article, showing the portion of people in the U.S. who thought marijuana should be legal. Is it just me, or would pot be legal in an instant if we just raised those numbers about 20%? And is it also just me, or would that be doable with a little public information campaigning, like TV and radio spots? Sometimes I wonder just how badly mismanaged NORML and the MPP might be...

You're right about a little more publicity or positive ads. NORML and MPP could never hope to keep up with the ONDCP, DEA, et el because they have immense budgets (your money) and they can place their propaganda as Public Service messages. But a few informational ads in national papers or even LTE's or opinion pieces would help. And hell, we can do that. And should.

Thats defentialy a good read. haha I was real suprised that the commision for herb was headed by a former govenor of PA... Thats hard to picture considering how fucked up herb laws are their.:hmmmm:
anyways :peace:

Why can't they(NORMAL / MPP) run messages that tell the truth rather than lie to the public? Would the government not allow them to put it on the air? I know several television stations that talk about smoking pot or mention it in some way.

Thats defentialy a good read. haha I was real suprised that the commision for herb was headed by a former govenor of PA... Thats hard to picture considering how fucked up herb laws are their.:hmmmm:
anyways :peace:

Really? I didn't know the laws were that bad there - an oz. and up is a felony I thought, but sadly, that's pretty standard around the U.S. these days...

- And yes I agree even smaller groups could produce the radio and TV spots, but who's gonna pay to have them run? Airtime is EXPENSIVE.

- I wouldn't put pro-pot bumper stickers on my car because that would be just ASKING to get harassed by the cops every time you go out. And putting them on other peoples' cars would be construed as a form of vandalism. But I have planted some on trees, street signs, etc. around my campus. I also want to buy this shirt I saw that said" "Every 15 seconds a peaceful pot smoker is arrested in the U.S... and YOU wonder why we're so paranoid."

Any amount in PA is a misdemeanor, Hoss. 1oz & up just has stronger penalties. Ohio is pretty nice in their laws, though. I used to drive into Ohio for buds, and I'd be paranoid as hell for the whole 30 mile trip back through West Virginia. Talk about strict.

Yes, I know Ohio is pretty nice for smokers. :cool: You literally CANNOT be arrested for possession up to 100 grams, and you don't get a record just a $100 fine. Little known fact, it's the same for growing too; if your grow totals under 100 grams it's a ticket and a fine!

Is it true that in Texas, leos are still actually REQUIRED to arrest and take to jail anyone in possession? I heard that somewhere, and that's messed up.

Back
Top Bottom