36 hours of darkeness to start & 72 h.o.d to end

i did 36h before flower, but 72h darkness before harvest seems...completely pointless to me. Although i may be wrong...

It only takes the lights being off for 12 hours once to allow enough flowering hormone to kick the plant into it's next stage.... I would say more than 24h is pointless, and arguably that won't do any good. There are more important factors in the grow, you know? like light, co2, and nutrients.

In Jorge Cervantes book he recommends the 36 hours of darkness to kick off the flowering. It does deem to throw it into flowering full force. As for the 72 hours at the end, it does make your bud extra green (which is allways nice) just not sure if it is worth time.

If you have never tried the 36 to kick off the flowering give it go, it works really good.

Running a perpetual harvest, it is less than convenient to utilize the 24/36 hours of darkness method to induce flowering. I think it is less stressful for the plant and a smoother transition from Veg to Bloom to just switch to 12 hours.

I have heard reports of growers who employed the 36 hours of darkness preflower ending up with hermies.... of course there is no way to rule out other environmental stresses during their grow and attributing the Hermie solely to the 36 hours of preflower darkness.

However, that being said... I do know - that if your trying to create a light enduced Hermie, it has been recommended by some people to put your plants into 36 hours of darkness when commencing flowering.... and then employing light stress.

Just my 2 cents.

I did 36 hour dark before flowering. My plant jumped into flowering, showing hairs within a week.

I also did at least 48 hours of dark before harvest. This is supposed to help produce more trics.

Well, my bud was already tric covered and sticky, but I did it anyway. It dod not seem to harm the plants.

But with nothing to compare it to, I cannot tell if it made a difference.

Good luck.

My plants always start to flower 3 days in, with just a regular switch to 12/12.

What more could you want? :p I'd be more concerned with utilizing darkness at the end of the cycle, when trichrome production could be increased. I don't think having flowering start a few hours early is going to make a discernible difference in yield or production in general, but that's just my opinion based off of limited experience.

Check out "stress for thc" in my signature.

Back
Top Bottom