36Gr0w's First Journal - Hi-Brix - LOS - Indoor & Out!

36G, thanks for that ! Now i know. Just thought i'de ask....seemed too good to be true....i may go with a strain i've always wanted to try, Maple Leaf Indica from Sensi....problem is my growing style doesn't suit sexing plants. Dunno just yet,we'le see. Have a good night 36, BOO!:ganjamon:

YES! Ive been reading alot about Maple Leaf. It sounds knock out and delicious.

Do you know Josey? Was wondering if you had experience with the original cut. I know he is active on another large forum...and he has said the seeds offered by Elev8 are fake. Not that I care if they are...I just want to know if those seeds are any good.

I do not know him. The guy I got the seeds from grew medicinally with a few that are 502 now, and they know quite a few people. I do not have experience growing the original cut, as much as I would love to. I have smoked lots of it, both flower and oil, and seen the plants, enough to know that what I have is very close, much closer to the gg4 than the blue dream. Either way, I love it, and have 3 young moms, 1 for each seed I flowered. At some point I'll put all 3 in together to see if I can spot differences and drop a plant or two. I may need some clones in the near future, so for now I'm keeping all 3.

36G, thanks for that ! Now i know. Just thought i'de ask....seemed too good to be true....i may go with a strain i've always wanted to try, Maple Leaf Indica from Sensi....problem is my growing style doesn't suit sexing plants. Dunno just yet,we'le see. Have a good night 36, BOO!:ganjamon:

If you know someone who knows someone, they may have it. Lots of people grow GG4, but it is clone only so you have to know where to get it. Like I've said, mine is not an original cut, I'm not that special lol.

Duggs, have you looked into sexing clones? Take some cuts or clones while you are vegging and throw it into flower. That cut/clone will show sex for you. You could do it in a tiny box under a CFL if you don't have a separate veg/flower area, or on the windowsill this time of year. I haven't looked into the Maple Leaf Indica, but I will now.

You and I like a sizeable plant to put into flower lol. If it's gonna take up space, it may as well make use of it!

I do not know him. The guy I got the seeds from grew medicinally with a few that are 502 now, and they know quite a few people. I do not have experience growing the original cut, as much as I would love to. I have smoked lots of it, both flower and oil, and seen the plants, enough to know that what I have is very close, much closer to the gg4 than the blue dream. Either way, I love it, and have 3 young moms, 1 for each seed I flowered. At some point I'll put all 3 in together to see if I can spot differences and drop a plant or two. I may need some clones in the near future, so for now I'm keeping all 3.

Any plans in the future to make some seeds of your own from it?

Seeds from GG4, no plans in the near future. I'd like to see it grown in a greenhouse and a co2 supplied environment, which I may be doing soon. After a bit of that I could see some small seed making plants with a good supply of fathers to test.

Cheers to that. Wish i had the space. Sometimes I feel like I am growing on a completely different level to you guys. You can only accomplish so much in a small space.

In my room I have a 4x4 flower tent and 3x3 veg corner. I also have a few spots I check up on or "consult" on. Grow great organic product, and people come looking.

I will say, I am single and live alone, so I can get away with trying things most won't. But keep in mind, someone lives 100yds away and they have no clue. Another reason I dry at a friends if I have multiple plants.

And I have a next door neighbor about 60 yds away, but I "bribe" her with cilantro, onions, mint, peppers...smelly stuff I grow.

1 day after adding milk to the rice wash. Ya, it is alive.

20151031_194808-1.jpg

In my room I have a 4x4 flower tent and 3x3 veg corner. I also have a few spots I check up on or "consult" on. Grow great organic product, and people come looking.

I will say, I am single and live alone, so I can get away with trying things most won't. But keep in mind, someone lives 100yds away and they have no clue. Another reason I dry at a friends if I have multiple plants.

And I have a next door neighbor about 60yds away, but I "bribe" her with cilantro, onions, mint, peppers...smelly stuff I grow.

I suppose I specifically mean vertical space. :)

I live in an apt with people only a few feet away on the other side of old thin plaster walls. Modesty is essential. But it does make me smile to think my neighbors have no idea. Kinda makes me hopeful to think of how many people out there may be growing.

All caught up - I bought some Headband and GG4 from elev8seeds - ULTRA fast service too. So far so good. I almost put them in soil last night. Not that I read everyone's glowing reports gonna have to get some going for.... the next after next after next round. I've got flowers clones of flowers and seedlings going right now. So going to have to wait a few weeks!

Nice looking plants there 36... I'm just keeping on the same path I've been doing for the last 3 years. Finally after 8-9 rounds my no-tils are running out of gas so transitioning on up to larger 15g pots.

All caught up - I bought some Headband and GG4 from elev8seeds - ULTRA fast service too. So far so good. I almost put them in soil last night. Not that I read everyone's glowing reports gonna have to get some going for.... the next after next after next round. I've got flowers clones of flowers and seedlings going right now. So going to have to wait a few weeks!

Nice looking plants there 36... I'm just keeping on the same path I've been doing for the last 3 years. Finally after 8-9 rounds my no-tils are running out of gas so transitioning on up to larger 15g pots.

I'm curious to see how that GG4 from Elev8 turns out. They have some interesting strains for sure. I am partial to the Cinex

BoB, let us know how those two strains turn out. I'm a big headband fan, always been great smoke for me. I obviously also love the gg4 of course.

What size pots have you been using? Would you use 15g or 25g with plenty of space? 8-9 rounds in a smaller no till pot is exceptional!

One of mine is currently growing green onions, leeks, kale, and a few flowers. I don't have room for it right now to veg anything, so I may as well have something planted in it. It is sitting on my porch, so it gets plenty of rain as well as my left over top dressings and tea scraps. It is on the way to my compost so it has had a few tomatoes buried in the sides and random stuff thrown on top. Just keeping it going, I'll probably throw one of my seedlings in it and bring it inside at some point.

I think I forgot to mention, some pots had multiple seeds planted, so we will see which one wins. I'm hoping for a faster up potting and increased aeration and bio available nutrients in the main root ball later on. Could be a terrible idea, but worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom