36Gr0w's First Journal - Hi-Brix - LOS - Indoor & Out!

20151119_183710-1.jpg
20151119_183707-1.jpg

No colors or purple for my blackwater unfortunately. I haven't had this many leaves die off before, but didn't change anything. Nugs are much bigger than my GG4xBD, and smell of a fruity diesel. Testers smoke smooth with a fruity taste. I was told after two tester bowls it was good pain and nerve relief, and was felt in the head a few minutes later,not speedy but alert.

20151210_135013-1.jpg
20151210_135007-1.jpg
20151210_135002-1.jpg

56 clones taken two days ago, they look pretty good still. Aloe / fulvic soak for cuttings and peat pucks. Sprayed the cuttings with the leftover aloe / Fulvic water as well. 50 in the peat pucks, 6 straight in dirt. Looks like 3/6 might make it.

20151224_103632.jpg

The SIPs are out vegging everything by far. The 10g sip is out vegging a 15g hard pot, and that is including being topped. This stunted it for 6 or so days, and it has caught up and passed it now. 2l soda bottles made into sips are by far superior to starting a seed or clone in a solo cup or 1g. No comparison. Instead of being root bound quickly by a small container. The roots continue to grow and pile up in the res if you let it. Sip watering at this stage (seedling or rooted clone) takes some trial and error to keep the roots white and flourishing, you don't want to drown or dry them in the res if you can help it (but it happens and the plants still do better). Once in a bigger sip it is set and forget, water every two weeks or longer in my case. When I pull up the top plastic cover, all I see is white roots and worms on the very top of the soil. This does not happen in smart or plastic pots unless you keep a good cover on it.

I'll be converting everything I grow with to sips. I can't find a reason not to, it is easier with better results. Anyone remember the rhizosphere? Most don't utilize it correctly, I'm on my way. Keep it moist and covered on top, and you will come back to find roots exploding up top.

From my trials inside and out between "conventional" potted growing and my sips and hugelkulture, I honestly can't find one reason to keep growing like most, other than I have the materials already. That isnt a good enough reason for me, I liken it to, "Well I already have this bottled nutrient lineup, I may as well use it and not grow organically."

On another note, my small lettuce bed (6" tall) is still growing lettuce and peas through the winter with many sub 30* weeks in a row. Some of my summer leeks are now winter leeks, and I have a few 3' tall tomato plants growing well to be put out in a few months. It is amazing what the soil can handle when you have healthy and thriving life in it. Many days I go out to warm up the car, and my beds are steaming. That isnt happening in many other gardens here lately.

Ahh the beauty of organic gardening. Go 36 go... buds looking mighty fine there and good to read about your trials and results. :thumb:

That article about foiler spraying plants, they obviously didn't try adding in any kelp meal or the outcome would be obvious & not up in the air or even questionable. I don't get how some folks think cannabis is some sort of "separate breed" of plant that somehow defies nature science and physics to require some special "dank" mix to build the buds. I digress....

I'm glad to see you taking the organic approach and taking it to the next level and pushing it to find what works for you.

Check out Biodynamic Farming - that's the next level in organic farming. Well it's been around for a lot longer than bottled nutrients but it is becoming more wide spread. For good reason.

Link to a little primer - since you're doing crazy outdoors you may be interested or already know:

What is Biodynamic Farming? | New Dawn : The World's Most Unusual Magazine

Cheers and keep it green!

Hey BB, thanks for the kind words.

Kelp in foliars is great, anyone not using it should add it in asap. I make and try different sprays all the time, and haven't noticed any adverse effects. I should be spraying daily, even if it is just water sometimes. I don't foliar in flower after 3 weeks normally, too much risk to the final product.

I love reading up on biodynamic farming and my favorite compost is made on a biodynamic farm. I'll be incorporating ideas and concepts into my outdoor garden. Speaking of...just the other day I received approval from my landlord to add in more veggie gardens. She gave me a 60'x30' area to add in this year, I just have to make them raised beds so it looks nicer and organized. I figured hell, it's my lucky day, so I asked about hauling some old logs in to make hugelkulture beds. Also brought up the idea of spreading hay and straw on the ground between the beds to kill off the grass and weeds, then composting or mulching it later on. She went for both ideas, and even volunteered up a dump truck if I need to get soil or compost delivered!

I am super excited to finally get a larger garden going, last year I wasn't able to reach my goals as far as overall garden size and variety due to an illness, so this year I'm all in. It is and will be a lot of hard work getting it all set up by myself, but once built it will be just watering and harvesting, no weeding or tilling or mixing chemicals or checking ph/ppm/ec/ro or any of the other bass ackwards things people do in an attempt to garden. Also planning on adding more chickens and some goats this year, which will only add to my compost piles.

BB, have you read Teaming with Microbes or Teaming with Nutrients? How about anything from Steve Solomon? Have any more reading recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom