3rd Grow: 1st Journal 2020: Indoor GR & Soil

I don’t check or change ph for the water used on my organic or supersoil grows. The soil ph doesn’t change whether I run 4 gallons or 400 gallons thru it. I’m on private well punched thru 400’ of granite its never been tested. I may run into some deficiencies now and again but overall my plants look pretty good.

I know there’s always room for improvement and ph may help me get dialed in further or it could make it worse for me. I just got burnout from chasing ph, riding the ph roller coaster and 5 minutes later I get a new reading that is different compared to the last 5 readings.

I don’t check ppm or ec either, I feed them fish ferts so thick & clumpy I slather it on with a trowel. Just kidding about the trowel but it’s probable more in the range of high parts per thousand and not in parts per million. To growers in other media like coco or hydro - this would be unacceptable.

Not saying you should try it, just saying there’s more than one way to skin a cat
I will hang with @Emilya ’s watering process.
But I will agree that there are more than one way to skin a cat.
Lots of bad ways. A very few good ways.
Never skinned a cat but I have skinned many deer and cleaned many fish. I have found a particular process that is efficient , quick and the end results are stellar.
I am still refining that process for cannabis .
It might be a life long journey.

Oh absolutely, she is the queen of all things green. I agree. Unlike tomatoes it’s not as simple as everyone thinks, here planting a seed doesn’t mean squat. Can you germ it, can you keep it alive, can you get to harvest? I’m new to growing too, I’ve only done couple grows and I got lucky at that. I guess that’s why it’s called cultivation.

As of last night , we have flipped to 12/12 .
I flushed the plants 4 days ago and fed full neuts yesterday after 36 hrs of full dark.
B2AB8736-9C04-46A7-B2C6-9E4575469081.jpeg
B0AA0891-C61F-4B55-B656-6C74654AA81D.jpeg

Looking good @SeniorMoments, I’ll be following for the rest of the journey. Good looking plants you got here.
I haven’t checked PPM this whole grow so far in soil. If it was Hydro I would absolutely stay on top of it. I do ph my water to 6.3 every time though. Old habits die hard. Lol

Thanks Canada.
As I stated above I will continue to follow @Emilya ‘s watering regimen.
PH is critical.
Many more pistils showing up this morning.
I added another fan and I should receive a larger LED light today .
I don’t have AC directly in my grow room but temps have not gone above 82* .
I will see how the larger light increases the heat.
Managing RH has been pretty easy w/ my dehumidifier.
I am retired so I am able to monitor everything at my leisure.
Thanks again for joining the journey.
I will check your progress shortly.
Need to water some flower beds before the heat gets awful.
Peace.

Is it possible to get some pictures without the blurple lights? In this photo not sure if it's the lighting but it looks like some discoloration in the fan leaves. Besides that everything looks great I would say keep doing what you doing!
I take the girls out of the GR when I water & feed , this evening or tomorrow morning.
I will take better photos then.
I had a few gnats flying around yesterday and treated them w/ Neems oil , mild soap and H20 right at lights out. There is a sheen on the leaves
I appreciate all your comments. Thanks.

Is it possible to get some pictures without the blurple lights? In this photo not sure if it's the lighting but it looks like some discoloration in the fan leaves. Besides that everything looks great I would say keep doing what you doing!
I take the girls out of the GR when I water & feed , this evening or tomorrow morning.
I will take better photos then.
I had a few gnats flying around yesterday an
Senior Moments, Is your room a Sauna that you are not using. Just a guess. Cheers
Hopefully not a sauna w/ new light
No , it’s a storage room that works very well.

Back
Top Bottom