3rd Grow 2015

ui3ywer8y3

Hello again, fellow tokers!:allgood:

Wow, what a crap year for my cultivations. My first grow ended in mold, and my second grow met death by goats.

But, here I am refusing to give up, though I will be cutting the timing way too close for comfort as I'm growing outdoors as always and cannot afford to finish inside if need be. I acquired 9 choice seeds today (pic below) and 7 are going in 5 gal. buckets while the other 2 are going in the ground. I also found enough fencing to protect all. There is no doubt I'll only end up with 2-4 girls, but that's okay. I had planned to take at least half a year off from growing, but there is no chance of that now.

I don't have the moon phases on my side this time, so some things are bound to go awry. I'll guestimate the crop's age/phases as closely as possible. I'm growing again in Texas black dirt (awesome stuff). And, once again for those who missed my last journal, this strain is the same old sativa we dubbed "Bastrop Pine", the same strain of local weed that's been around here since the 60s. Again I will be pulling all males immediately, I don't grow seeds.

All I have for now is a shot of the seeds, but will post sprout shots in a few days and as updates manifest themselves. Wish me luck on this one because I have even more forces of nature against me.

And heeeeeeeeeeere we go...

3rd_Grow_2015_Seeds.jpg

WOOHOO, fellow tokers! Here we are 2½ days from sow and we have life! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Three of the nine are pushing through the surface of the soil. I know they're a little hard to see so I circled them in red. I also want to add a change-up in how I sowed. I put 5 in 5 gal. buckets and 4 in the ground. I don't see life yet from those in the ground, but will add pics of them as they appear, if they appear. Next weekend, maybe sooner, will be dedicated to putting up the fencing and ensuring there are no light leaks at night. I'm sending these into flowering early for better chances of actually finishing this grow.

Sprout_31.jpg

Sprout_22.jpg

Sprout_11.jpg

Hello, fellow tokers! :lot-o-toke:

I went out this evening to water and had time to snap a couple of shots. Here we are at 2½ days after pushing through the soil. I only took 2 pics, but there are 5 seedlings altogether. I don't believe there will be any more sprouts because I believe I screwed off 4 seeds (those not in buckets) fumbling around in the dark watering at 5:00 a.m. before I left for work. These marvelous creatures are a red-hair taller than an inch. :cheesygrinsmiley: As mentioned previously, I don't have the moon phases in my favor so I'll be starting the vegetation phase when the energy of the cotyledons has been used up. At least I know I'll have 5 to nurture until sexing.

22052.jpg

15872.jpg

My fellow tokers, greetings to you, and peace upon you.

I have some to report at this time. Yesterday was 1 week of sprout, and upon viewing today last night's growth it is obvious vegetation has begun. So much for me thinking I was going to dictate start dates. Anyway, this (9.7.15) is day 1 of veg. Flowering at this time of year will be no problem. For one, my crop has the shortening days on their side, and two, they're getting a full night of complete dark. After watering tonight and letting it soak in, I followed right up with nitrogen nutes so as to force growth. They're getting maximum sunlight. The high temp today was 107. By the end of the week the highs are supposed to be in the 80s due to a front blowing through. The crop will be SO much less heat stressed. Ah, but I forgot to even mention that I lost one since last post. It just killed over for no apparent reason other than bad seed. Well, let me shut my yap and show you the 4 I'm still working with. The ratio is another thing against me. I'd be happy with 2 chicks, or hell, even 1, anything so it's not a bust year.

15965.jpg

22063.jpg

31788.jpg

41383.jpg

Greetings, fellow tokers!

I still have 4 hopefuls. They sure know the changing of the seasons, stunted growth, sure to early flower, though timing is no doubt going to be a problem. It will be a low yield harvest. I will dust them in a few minutes. Again I'm using Sevin Dust, it washes right off just before harvest, slap a fan on it. The changing season has chased away many summertime pests. I haven't seen a bight yet. Well, without further ado, here they are today, 13 days after popping through the dirt.

9495.jpg

8702.jpg

7837.jpg

61000.jpg

51140.jpg

41388.jpg

22070.jpg

31793.jpg

15993.jpg

What do you mean by that??? you just dug it up out of the texas ground or is it something you buy from shops?

Yep, dirt I dug right out of the ground. This is one of my 7 girls that got eaten by goats. She was a little over 2 feet tall. The girls were 7 weeks old by full moon. That's how I normally grow, by the moon phases.

22040.jpg

Back
Top Bottom