3rd Grow 2x2 & 4x4

you have to drop the mc back about 1/2 - 1 g a gallon to make head room for BE. follow the feed chart, and just subtract that amount from where you would normally be in the MC.
That makes sense . Do you think because Im running autos I would need to dial it down even more ?

That makes sense . Do you think because Im running autos I would need to dial it down even more ?

yes maybe. wish i had a better answer. most autos like it a bit hungry. they would also be a bit more susceptible to pk burn, which is the majority of what BE and other boosters are.

what you are doing with BE is dropping the amount of N, while maintaining the same levels of P and K, with maybe a slight boost in the P. it's pretty much the same idea as any nute system. it's hard to re-invent a plant.

edit: there is slightly more going on but not much

yes maybe. wish i had a better answer. most autos like it a bit hungry. they would also be a bit more susceptible to pk burn, which is the majority of what BE and other boosters are.

what you are doing with BE is dropping the amount of N, while maintaining the same levels of P and K, with maybe a slight boost in the P. it's pretty much the same idea as any nute system. it's hard to re-invent a plant.

edit: there is slightly more going on but not much
Would you suggest the same thing for sweet candy ? By same thing I mean dial back the mc by a gram or so

Just out of curiosity how much investment would it take to set up a decent hydro grow
Dirt cheap... Assuming you have the environment already. But then again it also depends on the hydroponic method used, my two favorites are "ebb and flow" (also known as flood and drain) & RDWC. If your a DIY builder it can be quick simple and relatively cheap.
Ebb and flow is forgiving system, tried and true, which was why I choose that. Zero regrets on my choice. Mine is just two mortar tubs with the ebb and flow kits (30 bucks on zon?) . Sitting above a reservoir on a cheap DIY table. I then added the lids, made from plywood, cut the wholes for the 6 inch net pots...taped the lids in place.
I'm only about to start my third run, using the one part MC. I'll do a journal on the next run which will start soon. Lol I'm far from a pro, but i am enjoying growing my autos using this system.

You could do a simple DWC extremely cheap.

Edit- I feel that was a terrible answer as there are so many variables, and I'm far from an experienced pro/grower

Dirt cheap... Assuming you have the environment already. But then again it also depends on the hydroponic method used, my two favorites are "ebb and flow" (also known as flood and drain) & RDWC. If your a DIY builder it can be quick simple and relatively cheap.
Ebb and flow is forgiving system, tried and true, which was why I choose that. Zero regrets on my choice. Mine is just two mortar tubs with the ebb and flow kits (30 bucks on zon?) . Sitting above a reservoir on a cheap DIY table. I then added the lids, made from plywood, cut the wholes for the 6 inch net pots...taped the lids in place.
I'm only about to start my third run, using the one part MC. I'll do a journal on the next run which will start soon. Lol I'm far from a pro, but i am enjoying growing my autos using this system.

You could do a simple DWC extremely cheap.

Edit- I feel that was a terrible answer as there are so many variables, and I'm far from an experienced pro/grower
Well I appreciate the info . Anything you know about dwc is way more then my knowledge. Growing definitely doesn’t come naturally to me my mind tends to think mechanically so dealing with a living thing and all the variables that entails is a bit of a struggle for me . But im hooked

I'd suggest taking a good read on the various methods, the reality is that each has its ups and downs. Myself I found that using the flood and drain, and having it all on an automated timer keeps it simple once setup. I'm keen on systems that have an external type of reservoir.

That being said, once you've found what interests you for a style/ method I'm sure we can get you up and going.

I'd suggest taking a good read on the various methods, the reality is that each has its ups and downs. Myself I found that using the flood and drain, and having it all on an automated timer keeps it simple once setup. I'm keen on systems that have an external type of reservoir.

That being said, once you've found what interests you for a style/ method I'm sure we can get you up and going.
These are probably really dumb questions but what is the advantage of dwc over soil ?

These are probably really dumb questions but what is the advantage of dwc over soil ?
No such thing as a dumb question!

That's basically asking what's the benefit of hydroponics over soil. I could attempt an answer, but a quick search of that exact question "benefit of hydroponics " will give better answers.
Here's a quick simplistic breakdown of some methods:

DWC=deep water culture= net pot with roots in single container and source of O2 (airstone)

RDWC= recirculating Deep Water Culture = same as DWC but with an external reservoir, can feed single or multiple DWCs from Reservoir

Ebb and Flow/flood and drain= flood tray and growing medium flooded with nutrition (aka nutes) from external reservoir

There is hempy, which intrigues me but I can't explain how it works lol. Bluter is the member to see for amazing hempy grows.

Hope that helps a bit. Like I said, I'm still a noob myself, but would highly recommend a search of those systems for much better/accurate explanations.
Types-of-Hydroponic-Systems.jpg

That's basically asking what's the benefit of hydroponics over soil. I could attempt an answer, but a quick search of that exact question "benefit of hydroponics " will give better answers.

DWC=deep water culture= net pot with roots in single container and source of O2 (airstone)

RDWC= recirculating Deep Water Culture = same as DWC but with an external reservoir, can feed single or multiple DWCs from Reservoir

Ebb and Flow/flood and drain= flood tray and growing medium flooded with nutrition (aka nutes) from external reservoir

There is hempy, which intrigues me but I can't explain how it works lol. Bluter is the member to see for amazing hempy grows.

Hope that helps a bit. Like I said, I'm still a noob myself, but would highly recommend a search of those systems for much better/accurate explanations.
Thank you sir I will definitely research it you caught me being lazy lol but im a stoner goes with the territory :ganjamon:

Sorry to interrupt ..i wondered that also
soil is wayyyy cheaper, less time consuming , and kinda boring ...but the plants seem ...better ..in a way .smell earthier medicine quality is great either way thou ... Soil is Slower also and I find you really need to listen to the plant because the foliage will tell you what she needs ..if you water till run off by weight ..it’s kinda -yawn-

DWC is FAST , you can check it everyday and respond directly to her needs via the ppm or tds , however you measure , after some practice it’s pretty easy , but it fulfills an ocd need many of us have , cleaner, smaller chance of pests, more electricity and maintance ( pumps and water changes )

RDWC is amazeballs ..but if you grow the same strain because each plant/ strain often has very different needs .
I hope this makes sense .

Thank you sir I will definitely research it you caught me being lazy lol but im a stoner goes with the territory :ganjamon:
Lol I edited it and added a good pic that explains. I find soil sounds like more work to me...
soil is wayyyy cheaper, less time consuming , and kinda boring ...but the plants seem ...better ..in a way .smell earthier medicine quality is great either way thou ... Soil is Slower also and I find you really need to listen to the plant because the foliage will tell you what she needs ..if you water till run off by weight ..it’s kinda -yawn-

DWC is FAST , you can check it everyday and respond directly to her needs via the ppm or tds , however you measure , after some practice it’s pretty easy , but it fulfills an ocd need many of us have , cleaner, smaller chance of pests, more electricity and maintance ( pumps and water changes )

RDWC is amazeballs ..but if you grow the same strain because each plant/ strain often has very different needs .
Please do interrupt! I'm doing a terrible job explaining! :rofl:

Interupt as much as youd like no such thing as interupting in my journal .If you have hydro in your name youre the dude I want to hear from .

P
Lol I edited it and added a good pic that explains. I find soil sounds like more work to me...

Please do interrupt! I'm doing a terrible job explaining! :rofl:
Great pics !

Awesome dude . Thank you

Interupt as much as youd like no such thing as interupting in my journal .If you have hydro in your name youre the dude I want to hear from .
Dude -ette! Born and au natural my friend .
I’ll drop a bean for a DWC bucket soon enough and perhaps start a journal . I only grow for personal use and my dying neighbor ...and my stock is pretty good so ..it is what it is :)

These pics really help Now that I can see it makes it much easier to understand
Dude -ette! Born and at nautral my friend .
I’ll drop a bean for a DWC bucket soon enough and perhaps start a journal . I only grow for personal use and my dying neighbor ...and my stock is pretty good so ..it is what it is :)
My bad no offense lol . Please start a journal. The second part of this grow is going to be 4 photos in the 4x4 tent I might try a hydro grow now that we’re discussing it .

This^

the easiest medium to grow in, in my opinion :thumb:
You're 100% correct.I cant find worm castings at any of the nurseries/walmarts here thats why Im changing it up . It was pretty cheap where I got it last time but its not that cheap online for some reason

Back
Top Bottom