420 Magazine Background

3rd Grow 2x2 & 4x4

Buds Buddy

Grow Journal of the Month: May 2020
Lol I edited it and added a good pic that explains. I find soil sounds like more work to me...

Please do interrupt! I'm doing a terrible job explaining! :19:
Not at all. Soil is way easier. There's no buffers in Hydro so you need to stay fairly accurate with ppm's. Constantly have to watch water temps & pH. Bucket or Res changes often, etc. Way more work. It's definitely a good way to grow if you can't stay out of your grow room.
But if you just want a simple easy grow & you're kind of lazy like me .... I'd recommend soil.
Soil is pretty much feed & forget it. Only have to feed every few days & really don't need to pH.

Rexer

Member of the Month: April 2021 - Photo of the Month: July 2021
This^

the easiest medium to grow in, in my opinion :thumb:

Not at all. Soil is way easier. There's no buffers in Hydro so you need to stay fairly accurate with ppm's. Constantly have to watch water temps & pH. Bucket or Res changes often, etc. Way more work. It's definitely a good way to grow if you can't stay out of your grow room.
But if you just want a simple easy grow & you're kind of lazy like me .... I'd recommend soil.
Soil is pretty much feed & forget it. Only have to feed every few days & really don't need to pH.

Actually with my physical limitations, hydro is easier. No lifting.. except top offs , just pumps. Keeping track of a reservoir isn't hard. Using a one part feed makes it easier.

6thsense

Im getting the feeling that soil growers will say soil is way easier and hydro growers will say the opposite. Im going to agree with @Budsbunny for right now with my limited knowledge and incredible laziness soil is the way to go . I will definitely look into hydro and for sure give it a go in the future so I can see for myself what is better/easier for my conditions

6thsense

CB30DD1C-1AEC-4269-8FC3-146EBA376EE1.jpeg
C8C03E2F-956F-4ED4-9E4B-5F9268297831.jpeg

These are the girls today. I guess they look ok. I put a dried stem I found in the pot of the smaller seedling to give it a little support. She was slightly leaning .

Northern Hydro

Im getting the feeling that soil growers will say soil is way easier and hydro growers will say the opposite. Im going to agree with @Budsbunny for right now with my limited knowledge and incredible laziness soil is the way to go . I will definitely look into hydro and for sure give it a go in the future so I can see for myself what is better/easier for my conditions
Hydro taught me to dial in my environment , so, in my very limited experience , learning hydro first , I saw what nutes do what ( instantly) to a ppm or ph , that allowed me to see how the plant responds to what also ( generally )

soil is up potting,, watering , ..I water when bone dry and light , to run off ,
there are one part nutrients ...pretty idiot proof once your environment is dialed in :)but , it all starts with good genetics ..:Namaste:

Buds Buddy

Grow Journal of the Month: May 2020
I saw what nutes do what ( instantly) to a ppm or ph , that allowed me to see how the plant responds to what also ( generally )
Exactly my point. A little off on things & you get a reaction almost instantly. Things happen fast in Hydro so you have to be on top of things. You can go to bed one night & a pump or chiller go out & no more plants. Something happens to a soil plant over night there's a great chance of recovery.
On top of that you have added costs of equipment & the electric it takes to run it.
Some people like it, some people don't. We all find what we like & that's what we do. But after growing both ways, I found Soil way easier. I also know I can feed my plants & leave for the weekend & everything will most likely be fine.
Try that with Hydro.

6thsense

Hydro taught me to dial in my environment , so, in my very limited experience , learning hydro first , I saw what nutes do what ( instantly) to a ppm or ph , that allowed me to see how the plant responds to what also ( generally )

soil is up potting,, watering , ..I water when bone dry and light , to run off ,
there are one part nutrients ...pretty idiot proof once your environment is dialed in :)but , it all starts with good genetics ..:Namaste:
Hydro seems much more involved to me but that might be because ive never tried it

Backlipslide

Member of the Month: Mar 2020 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2020 - Nug of the Month: Feb 2020, Oct 2020

Northern Hydro

I didn’t think autos and photos had different nutritional requirements ..can someone learn me ? My seedling‘s get nutes when their cotyledon’s start to turn yellow or Look hungry

the ratio of nutes Per water quantity in my experience is to ph the mixture ..for example - mc is IDIOT PROOF ..if you follow the instructions , it will ph your water ..according to my blue lab anyways .... When you start adding extra stuff to one part nutrients , it affects the ph , hense it can affect the Plants negatively ...I control my ph with nutes , not ph up or down ...so I’m genuinely curious to hear

6thsense

I didn’t think autos and photos had different nutritional requirements ..can someone learn me ? My seedling‘s get nutes when their cotyledon’s start to turn yellow or Look hungry

the ratio of nutes Per water quantity in my experience is to ph the mixture ..for example - mc is IDIOT PROOF ..if you follow the instructions , it will ph your water ..according to my blue lab anyways .... When you start adding extra stuff to one part nutrients , it affects the ph , hense it can affect the Plants negatively ...I control my ph with nutes , not ph up or down ...so I’m genuinely curious to hear
Autos can be a little more sensitive to nutes. Ive learned this the hard way I still ph the water when Im using mc

Northern Hydro

Autos can be a little more sensitive to nutes. Ive learned this the hard way
Or maybe the beans ? I’ve never treated them any differently ? Weird eh ! Have a great day man :ganjamon:

6thsense

I had a nice surprise this morning. Yesterday I gave some bud to a friend. Didnt tell them I grew it no details at all told him I got it from someone else . He is the first person besides me to try the hashplant from my last grow and he loved it !!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe Im not so bad at this after all

6thsense

CF491B66-30A4-4E74-82F0-5E09AD0CF5D7.jpeg

So upon mixing up my first feeding I noticed I mustve not properly sealed the bag of mega crop so Its been open for 6 weeks or so . Would you throw this out its about 1/4 of a bag left . It seems like all the balls clumped up the powder is still good though . I have a whole un-opened bag still

6thsense

296F304B-A9E2-4BCB-9BAB-7822FD03470F.jpeg
F960F4CF-E522-4D0A-9836-476BEF9C7D77.jpeg

just gave them their first feed .25 grm/qt of MC . I fed them 1/2 qt each .
The girl in the 1st pic I spilled water on accidentally the other day and her leaves look kind of twisted and gnarly not sure what I can do besides hope she pulls through it.
Also Im thinking about when to turn the light up a little . Right now its at the lowest setting it can go too . Its reading 12-14k lux at the tops of the seedlings

Backlipslide

Member of the Month: Mar 2020 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2020 - Nug of the Month: Feb 2020, Oct 2020
Top Bottom