3rd Grow: RQ Royal Gorilla, Seed Stockers White Widow & AK420 In Soil

Jajunk

Set up:

2x4x6' Gorilla Lite
Active Air 6" 400CFM with Can 33 attached
315W LEC (Ceramic Metal Halide) bulb in reflective hood running 18-6h during veg.
2 small, non-osc fans
2, 1.3 gallon ultrasonic humidifiers outside the tent but ported in via ducting (took two because my exhaust pulls air through the tent so fast, even at lowest setting).

Seeds are a soaking at the moment, going to follow my 2nd grow with FF soils and FF Trio, and possibly a few plan modifications (see signature). Excited to finally get some new seeds. Had a large variety to pick from but have been wanting to grow some WW and GG for awhile. More to come and thanks for stopping by. All seeds Feminized.

Soaked them for about 18 hrs then had to put them right into soil due to having to go out of town for a night. Sprouted on 8/26/19. Temperature in the tent during lights on is around 80-82F and around 73-75F at night with RH of 55% during lights on.

I noticed some fungus nats; I think they are in the Fox Farm soil I bought at my local greenhouse so I crushed up some mosquito dunks and sprinkled it on top. I also added half of a dunk to their water and will be using that until I don't see any more. If that doesn't work, I'll probably get some nematodes.

Top left to bottom: Royal Gorilla, White Widow, AK420 (bottom):
20190827_084430.jpg

Just about three weeks in, everything looking good. I'm quadlining all three girls, cut above the 4th node and left the 3rd and 4th, removing the 1st and 2nd. That Royal Gorilla is one crazy looking plant. Going to transplant to 5 gal smart pots at some point.

From top left to bottom: RG1, WW1, AK1
20190914_121525.jpg

Just past a month in and everything seems to be going well. I did unfortunately lose a main branch on the quadline early with the Royal Gorilla, so I let the opposite side grow in the middle and topped it. Seems to be doing okay. Moved all the ladies to 5 gal smart pots yesterday and gave them a little trim (I typically remove the lower, shaded leaves and then any leaves on top that point inward and cover nodes); they have adapted well. Going to veg for another week or so and then probably flip.

I purchased a Horticat U80 Ultrasonic humidifier. So far I love it, I don't have to refill my humidifier every day since it's hose fed. It takes up a bit of room in the small grow tent, but not too bad. I was having to add water to my old 1.3 gal ultrasonic about twice a day, this saves so much hassle. Next I'm looking to get a small heater/AC to regulate temp a little better, though I've been able to keep it in the zones I want for the most part.

Left to right to bottom: RG1, WW1, AK1
20190925_082244.jpg

Small update: not too much to report but put the ladies on the full FF Trio veg schedule this watering after transplanting them about a week ago. I gave them a little pH'd water at transplant due to the new FFOF soil and then let them dry a bit for root growth. I did have an issue with hydrophobic soil this feeding, but it just took a bit more than usual to get them nice and saturated. I do hate seeing all those nutes run right through at the beginning.

I'm thinking maybe another week of veg, then flip and a flush. They almost look ready but I want a little more vegetative growth on some of the nodes.

Left to right to bottom: AK1, WW1, RG1
20191001_130305.jpg

The stretch is still on, these have definitely stretched more than my last two grows... I haven't changed too much, so I'm wondering if it's genetics. I may be avoiding a certain king bank from now on.

I'm also now thinking about expanding my grow space before next grow... that tiny little tent has done me well, but you'll see how crowded it's getting in there. Would be nice to have a walk in space rather than mess with that tent. Will probably do something homemade.

I lifted up their skirts and have observed female pre-flowers on all, so that's obviously a good sign. Anyway, can't wait to see them start budding.

Left to Right: RG1, AK1, WW1
20191015_102328.jpg

20191015_102816.jpg

Just shy of 2 weeks into flower, they definitely are still stretching a bit, but I think it's slowed for the most part. Some nice buds starting to form. I may need to think ahead of time about support. Some of the branches are a little thinner than my last grows with shorter, squatter plants.

Left to right: RG1, AK1, WW1
20191019_135112.jpg

20191020_093916.jpg

Chugging along...everyone is starting to pack on some trichomes and buds are fattening. I ordered some mylar and built a new grow room. I also purchased a new LED I'm going to use along with my current LEC/CMH once it's arrives. It's a 2000w Bestva. I think the girls will be a lot happier in their new room, I know I will. So much more space than that little tent.

20191031_093247.jpg

20191031_093231.jpg

New setup is working well. I installed the Bestva 2000w and have both it and the LEC/CMH running together. Lots o' light in there now. The WW is smelling amazing!

I always seem to have one girl that is more needy than the others... this time it's the Royal Gorilla. She started showing signs of "the claw," which I believe is the tale-tell sign of nitrogen toxicity and also showing signs of what looks like calcium deficiency. Previous watering was only pH'd water and Sugardaddy, but this feeding did not give her the 2 tsps of Grow Big and doubled her calmag to 2 tsps. Hopefully that should help. If not, I believe I'm due a flush next watering anyway.

20191104_100900.jpg

RG1 N tox and Ca deficiency:
20191104_100950.jpg

Sticky RG1:
20191104_101055.jpg

Back
Top Bottom