420 Magazine Background

3rd Grow: Super Lemon Haze & Gold Leaf

BTzGrow

Well-Known Member
The start of a new journal is always an exciting point to enter as it means a new adventure of growing is starting.

I'm creating a journal to record my third grow with clones harvested from my 2nd grow. I have decided to separate and start the actual day count from the point of light schedule change.

I've moved my clones into the flowering tent to free up the veg tent for my 2nd grow to rest in darkness before it's harvest.

Conditions of grow:
Currently they are in 32oz stadium cups awaiting a move up to 1.5gal Dollar Tree waste paper baskets.
The grow media will be a 3/1 mix of Perlite and Vermiculite in a Hempy Bucket style of pour to waste.
Flowering tent is a 2x2.5x6'7" Gorilla Grow Tent.
Lighting is provided by two Perfect Sun Mini's
Nutrients are Dyna Grow Protekt and Grow with Bonicare CalMag. Currently the mix per gallon of water is 3ml of ProteKt, 2.5ml of Grow and 2ml of Calmag. The numbers are a bit low, but performed well in my second grow.

The SLH and GL have been in the veg tent and are now roughly 15-18inches tall. The stretch should be rather amazing. Hopefully will yield more. The GrapeApe are very new and will not be as tall. However the donor plant stretched the most of all of the others in the 2nd grow.
All have been topped and defoliated, but are rather bushy now.
I still need to cull out several of the plants to maintain a max of 6 plants in the flower tent.

Currently the light schedule has been reduced from 24hrs constant to 18/6 with lights out during the afternoon between 12pm and 6pm for temperature management. The lights have been set at 30" above the canopy to comply with Perfect Suns adjust period of one week. The adjustment is meant to allow the plants to adapt to the new light spectrum.
 

BTzGrow

Well-Known Member
Day ONE!

Update time. Since the start about a week has elapsed. Concentration on the harvest of the 2nd grow took priority. However, during that time with brother @FelipeBlu visit and assistance I feel the nutrient deficiency (nitrogen) was corrected quick enough and recovery was showing.
There was quite a lot of per-flowering and lots of 1st pistils. :thumb:

The count at this time is 3 SLH and 2 Gold Leaf. That will stay well withing the comfort level of the small tent foot print. I I did up-pot them into the 1.5 Wastepaper baskets with 3/1 perlite/vermiculite.

Made the flip as of a day ago to the 12/12 schedule. Will be checking in when lights come on at 9pm tonight. Perhaps a picture. Let the stretch begin. I will be using the date of the flip as the count for this grow.
 

BTzGrow

Well-Known Member
Day 6 - A quick little photo before the lights go out this morning. The stretch is raging on. Girls in the back are the SLH as is the middle in front.

Going to need to change some positions with the next rotation and perhaps work towards raising the Gold Leaf. Will also try and so some super cropping to bend the tallest over sideways per @InTheShed. Going to try and see if I can keep everyone on a more equal level with more branch exposure. I feel I have a bit more room with this grow than last.
 

Virgin ground

Nug of the Month: June 2019 - Photo of the Month: Aug 2019
:nomo:
 

BTzGrow

Well-Known Member

BTzGrow

Well-Known Member
I came home last night and was checking on the girls and felt the need to raise the lights. Raised one no issues, raised the second one and it started to make a noise like something was inside against the cooling fan blades. Tried to shake loose by moving several directions and nothing would work. Unplugged and went to bed. It was early am, very tired.

Got up early at 7am with it bothering me and went down and removed from tent. Visual inspection didn't reveal anything. removed several screws to remove the metal cover and nothing. Plugged in and no noise. Best I can figure was one of the hanging gables got in the cooling vents and was touching the fan. Thought I had confirmed they were both free, but here again it was after 1am and the lights are up inside the tent.

Reinstalled in the tent and no noise. Whew! Ok forward. Only thing that had bothered me was last week while @FelipeBlu was here he had kept hearing a similar noise that was intermittent that I couldn't hear. Thought something had finally destructed. Seems all is well. Can't be having the lights go out.
 

BTzGrow

Well-Known Member

BTzGrow

Well-Known Member
Day 12 - Stretching continues with vigor. Took some pictures just moments before lights on last night. Wanted to get a picture without the LED and purple influence.
The three up front are the SLH and are rather much dwarfing the Gold Leaf's in the back. Ton's of nodes with ton's of bud sites.
A shot from above provides a lovely view of the stretch branches.
 

BTzGrow

Well-Known Member
Day 15 - A little watering today with only 750ml of my mix. Still keeping it simple with 7ml ProteKt, 6ml of Grow, 5ml of CalMag and then pH balancing around 5.75.

Stretch has achieved much taller plants than the previous grow. Of course part of that is I had a rather long veg cycle and defoliation before the flip was at least 3-4 weeks.

Here's what they look like this morning.
Given the look of these buds it would appear the SLH plants are especially beginning to crown indicating that the stretch is slowing down. The Gold Leafs are still in the back and I have raised them to the same height as the SLH with some 6in plastic flower pots. At this point the top of the plants are about 18inches below the lights and seem to be doing quite well.
 

BTzGrow

Well-Known Member
I’m subbed I’m doin grape ape also
My regrets but the Grape Ape didn't make the cut on this grow. The performance from the last grow was lacking, then again I'm not sure it was a Grape Ape. Guess I need to ask for a slight modification of the journal title. Thanks
 
Top Bottom