3rd Grow - Time For The Light Show

Hey db003 it's an addiction for sure lol. Best or not at it I'd still swap you my grows with me killing plants left right and centre for yours any day. You had some bad luck with the infestation and light leak but you fixed them asap and your plants are happy again. Mine are still in torment every day no matter what. Hopefully going organic will give me less of a chance of popping seeds then popping them off :)

The Dark Devil Auto's do look lovely in bloom, I saw them on Mr Am4zin's thread in case you missed it, not sure if I've seen you over there without going back re reading and the :volcano-smiley: is pushing me towards my bed now but if you want to see one in bloom that's where I decided I was buying them in when I saw the pics, beautiful mate. Crossing my fingers that I can get mine that far, possibly not if I keep being as lackadaisical or newbish about it lol.

Sending some good karma across the pond, all the best mate :thumb:

Kraize! I am here for the show! Got my popcorn, candy and 3-D glasses... this is going to be good! --Em

Hey Emilya welcome aboard, thanks for joining I appreciate your being here. Feel free to chime in anytime with any input good or bad it's all appreciated here. There will be plenty of ups and downs and the plants like to go kicking, screaming and fighting me all the way to their deaths, which as you can see is usually around 3 months before harvest :)

Great update! Take care brother!!

Hey Spitz thank you, I'm sending some good karma your way brother

Watch that girl come good in the canna soil. Nice grow room my friend. Love the pics on the wall :thumb:

Hey Mr Am4zin I really hope she does. It will give me a problem for room if she does once the auto's pick up speed but hey problems are our food and water here. I'm pretty lucky with the room as I have free reign in there to do what I will, unfortunately that also means it doesn't get cleaned up as much as it should, there's always so much else to do that seems more exciting than running around with a bucket of bleach and such. Still that is my plan for tonight, I feel I have embarrassed myself enough showing off that grime and plus I see how clean most other people's grows are. It also doesn't help that I tend to throw diatomaceous earth everywhere every other day, but it does mean I've had no pest problems since the clones that brought in mites and thrips.

Anyway here I am again rambling on when I should be up and at it. Onwards to the woods TO THE WOODS, oh wait not quite the enthusiastic battle cry I need but it will do. All the best mate

Wow this journal took a quick little leap forward all of a sudden Kriaze. Don't start going all SweetSue on us here I can barely keep up with things as is. As I said on your other journal, :thumb: awesome update and- personally I think the LSD will grow just fine now.

Damn, the US has it made (or certain states)...it must be great to relax amongst friends, chew the fat and smoke a fine reefer. It's a terrible feeling over here, even though it helps in so many ways it's stigmatised and sometimes that makes my relaxation turn into anxiety. FREE ME! FREE THE WEED!

It was the US that played the biggest role in getting us all into that mess anyway. Funny how fast the neighbors turn green when the thumb lifts a little. Canada starting to actually talk of legislation?! Our spineless politicians would have never dared think such a thing ten or even five years ago and if they had they would have been immediately squashed like bugs. (Yes that would have been so incredibly sad...). Now Mexico deciding it can legalize if it want to as well? Amazing. I really hope things turn around quickly on your island. I think they will. Watch now for some politico type to pull their head out of their ass, look around, and smell votes, money, and power. Presto, change will start to become available. I'm sorry you guys have had a shitty run of it. So have many of us. There's a lot of mental/social change to the process and it takes time. According to my personal scientific research, standing in public somewhere in BC bearing the scent of freshly smoked ganja gets about 20% less condescending looks, 30% less glares, and 10% more pleasant smiles than a comparable study would have ten years ago, leading to a whopping 50-60% drop in paranoia levels. It'll happen. Keep a stuff upper lip old chap. :thumb:

This made me giggle. Does that make me a bad man? :passitleft:

Nope, it makes you a wicked man, nothing wrong with that lol

Wow this journal took a quick little leap forward all of a sudden Kriaze. Don't start going all SweetSue on us here I can barely keep up with things as is. As I said on your other journal, :thumb: awesome update and- personally I think the LSD will grow just fine now.

It was the US that played the biggest role in getting us all into that mess anyway. Funny how fast the neighbors turn green when the thumb lifts a little. Canada starting to actually talk of legislation?! Our spineless politicians would have never dared think such a thing ten or even five years ago and if they had they would have been immediately squashed like bugs. (Yes that would have been so incredibly sad...). Now Mexico deciding it can legalize if it want to as well? Amazing. I really hope things turn around quickly on your island. I think they will. Watch now for some politico type to pull their head out of their ass, look around, and smell votes, money, and power. Presto, change will start to become available. I'm sorry you guys have had a shitty run of it. So have many of us. There's a lot of mental/social change to the process and it takes time. According to my personal scientific research, standing in public somewhere in BC bearing the scent of freshly smoked ganja gets about 20% less condescending looks, 30% less glares, and 10% more pleasant smiles than a comparable study would have ten years ago, leading to a whopping 50-60% drop in paranoia levels. It'll happen. Keep a stuff upper lip old chap. :thumb:

I don't think I could ever become as enthusiastic with my writing as SweetSue mate, she has a flair and confidence which I can often lack. I do enjoy reading her tales when she hits her form, but I do also get lost along the way with all the LOS and no till convos that can expand into full blown science which leaves me out in the cold lol. As for Britain ever legalising Cannabis it's not looking good at the moment. Our pig fucker of a leader is moving away from having America as an ally and is integrating us into Europe instead, Europe is pretty far behind when it comes to the legalisation of our good old herb too. Some countries are laid back about it but not many will legalise it for awhile, you would think they would wake up and smell the money.

It took me almost an hour and half to reply to this thread sorry due to phone calls plus the fact that my wife brought me beer and a fat smoke before she went off to work. Who was I to resist such hospitality? Time for another fat one to straighten me out, then the world is my oyster, or let's talk succulent looking salmon, unicorns and the Twilight Zone. I'm up for a good old chew the fat ramble :) All the best :thumb:

Hello all, it's been an interesting night in my tents tonight. I've been searching around on the internet for information regarding deficiencies and plant problems and I think I may have stumbled across something :)

Also I've turned off the two Reflectors in the flowering tent just in case a couple of plants were suffering light burn, am not too sure about that but a duller day or two won't do them any harm.

Plenty of pictures have been uploaded but after 3 hours of taking them then cropping, resizing etc I'm whacked out. Will go to sleep for a few hours then update fully later.

I hope everyone is well and may your buds be bountiful. All the best :thumb:

OK I think first and foremost that this will be my last post here regarding my plants that are growing organic for a number of reasons. First of all the posts may start to get too long and I think not every reader wants to spend too much time on one thread, secondly I feel it's unfair to post everything here then basically either copy and paste, or reword a part of what I wrote here elsewhere. It feels like I'm spamming the magazine or something lol. Not only that but people that are reading both my current journals are pretty much just rereading what has been put here whether or not it's verbatim...I'm guessing that could get boring really quick, it would for me. So I will be waving goodbye to the organic side of things and keeping this to it's original intent which was the testing of the Reflectors as side lighting for my light show. I'm not sure whether this is a good or bad thing as if people are interested they may have an extra subscription which nobody probably has time for, but on the other hand people may only be interested in either the organic part or the chemical part, in which case this would resolve that issue. I'm probably overthinking it but I'm so worn out at the minute after a busy few days along with a fair amount of sleep deprivation that my mind isn't thinking properly. Some medicine would probably help, except my couch lock home grown would have me asleep on the keyboard, and you would all probably be reading something that makes much more sense than this :) (quick thought, with the standard layout of a keyboard why is it that when I fall asleep at my desk and bang my head on the keyboard do I always wake up with 'idiot' written in a perfect line across my forehead? I digress)

Anyway yesterday I did a lot of searching online to see if I could find anything at all that would give me a clue as to what has been going on with some of these girls and I have come to the conclusion that it can only be one of two things, please interject if you think I'm completely off track but I'll try to express my train of thought as best as I can as I write this journal. Between examining the plants and surfing, then doing the same thing again over and over I think that over the next week the results will either speak for themselves or if not at least no more harm will have been done.

In the veg tent the two Dark Devil Auto's are growing, the one planted directly into CTP is still quite a way ahead of the one which wasn't. Just like all the majority of the other plants that were planted in bog standard soil the one that wasn't planted in CTP seems to be weak, in fact I had to pick it when I went into the tent and it feels very flimsy indeed with a much thinner stalk than the other and it doesn't seem to be able to hold it's own weight too well. If needed I will prop it up with a splint until it is strong enough to survive unaided when the lights come on tonight, for now though just moving the soil around the base of it's stem has done the trick.

Here are the pictures of the two Dark Devils, there is no need to name which is which as it's quite apparent as of now:

IMGP2571151118.jpg

IMGP2575151118.jpg

Each of the two Dark Devils were fed with rainwater along with some black treacle and Epsom Salts. I know that it's early to be feeding and I hope I haven't made a mistake but I felt that with them being grown under LED only that it was the right thing to do. I noticed a slight darkening of the veins on the leaves along with what looks like the beginnings of paling towards the outer. Let's hope that doesn't come around to bite me on the arse.

The Incredible Bulk looks to be showing either signs of deficiency or overfeeding, I'm not sure which as of yet but I thought that it was hard to overfeed plants that are grown organically, but if anyone can do it I'm the man for that :) She was also given a feed of rainwater along with Epsom Salts and Black Treacle. She is losing her lower leaves which leads me to believe that she is becoming Nitrogen deficient, this could well be the case as this is the soil mix that I made up myself. Strange though as I thought I had Nitrogen covered just by the CTP base that I used. If it does turn out to be the case then I have access to plenty of coffee grounds which I've been adding to my compost tumblers, I'll be getting some next time I head into town:

IMGP2581151118.jpg

Any ideas as to whether that's a Nitrogen deficiency as I think it is or have I made the soil too hot? I'm not particularly worried at this stage as I think that it can be rectified, and if necessary I will leave the plant in vegetative state for longer.

Now the White Widow seems to be a pretty straightforward case of Magnesium deficiency. Although this girl will be grown with chemical nutrients I gave her some rainwater with Epsom Salts and Black treacle to help remedy the situation. She was also pinched (or possibly fimmed due to my fat fingers) a few days ago and she is starting to sprout her two new tops. I'm optimistic that she will improve over the next couple of weeks.

IMGP2588151118.jpg

Here's one for you Mr Am4zin, the poor poor LSD is in a sorry state, the transplant hasn't worked wonders for her yet and she is reminiscent of the last LSD that I tried to grow under the Reflector series last time. I'm kind of at the stage where I think I may have been unfair on those lights, this seems to me to be a strain that really does need something extra with LSD, although they didn't do too well under the HPS either. The great thing that has come from this strain though is that it finally persuaded me to join 420Magazine instead of lurking in the background. THANK YOU LSD, your work here is done. Now f***off I never want to see you again lol. In all seriousness I will never grow this strain again personally even though others somewhere are surely having success with this strain, it's just not for me.

Even though she seems to be heading towards senescence I did give her a feed the same as the rest of the plants in this tent got, I'm hoping it will work as I don't want her keeling over on me if I can help it, but I do seem to be running out of options with her. I'll give her a week and failing that she will be in the dustbin, I'm not risking putting her into my compost:

IMGP2597151118rs.jpg

I would think that she was nitrogen deficient looking at how weak and spindly she is, but this is exactly how the other plant looked. I could have made the same mistakes twice though.

That concludes the update for the veg tent, now onto the flowering tent.

When I went into the flowering tent and saw what was happening in there it kicked my backside into action, pretty much like my LSD grow did when I joined here. After hours of scouring the internet, looking at charts, googling symptoms and checking through probably every page ever written on plant deficiencies I could only come to one of two conclusions.

Light burn, or Sulfur deficiency. Both should be a fairly easy fix, unfortunately as they were only fed tapwater (tapwater only) two days ago one of the solutions is not viable yet. This does however give me time to see whether it is a light burn issue as I have raised the Mars II 1600w a few inches (wasn't keen on doing that) and also turned off the side lighting. The tent is a little lower temperature than I like at the minute but doh :idea: I just remembered while typing this that I now have a fan controller. I'll turn down the fan a touch tonight when the lights come on so that I can attain the temperatures that I'm happy with. 82F-84F all the way baby :)

As for the sulfur deficiency that is easily rectified by adding (drum roll) Epsom Salts! I'm really beginning to like that stuff, maybe I'll try a grow whereas I only use that as nutrients. I'll probably be more successful too.

Here is the Incredible Bulk 2, she is starting to bud and I noticed that the leaves at the top of the plant were paling, whereas the middle and lower growth is still fine and this is what led me to the conclusion that it should be one of those two diagnosis (is diagnosis plural for diagnosis?). Anyway you can see in the pics what is happening and again I would ask that you interject if you feel that I'm off track. I cannot reiterate this enough as I am completely winging it here, although I am trying to gain as much knowledge as possible all the time.

IMGP2608151118rs.jpg

A cropped picture to zoom into some of the affected leaves without having to stand on my other plants or drag them out of their warm environment:

IMGP2608151118zoom.jpg

and also a different part of the plant:

IMGP2618151118.jpg

What do you think?

The same thing is going on with the Paradise Nebula only much more advanced. If ever anyone wishes to write up another plant problem chart for Cannabis there is plenty of problems to be had here. I will overcome them though:

IMGP2624151118rs.jpg

Not looking good eh? Yet a lot of the problems are at the top of the plant which leads me to the same conclusion as with the Incredible Bulk 2. I also think this one is suffering from a Magnesium deficiency, again rectifiable with Epsom Salts. Here is a crop of the photograph highlighting the problems:

IMGP2624151118zoom.jpg

The Incredible Bulk 1 has always been my favourite girl, I'm hoping now that she is in the flower tent that things do not go awry but I have a good feeling about her. I think I will have found the answer using the other two plants as guinea pigs in time to be able to avert any damage that the others are showing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but also looking to learn too, it's quite good fun :)

Here she is in her glory:

IMGP2631151118rs.jpg

A family shot of the flower tent:

IMGP2635151118rs.jpg

Although the Incredible Bulk 2 is having problems she is still flowering, so here's some gratuitous bud pics for your viewing pleasure. I'm quite impressed as they still have plenty of time to fill out yet :)

IMGP2650151118.jpg
IMGP2653151118.jpg
IMGP2657151118rs.jpg

That took a lot longer than I expected and I hope that I didn't make any of you fall asleep while reading, although I do understand if you switched off partway through lol.

As ever I will wish you all the best and may your beautiful buds be bountiful. All the best everyone :thumb:

Morning Kraize mate :)

Looking forward to the updated pictures :thumb:

Hey Robert good morning to you too mate. Damn I've been typing ever since I posted my reply to Mr Am4zin, that took some doing lol. I hope that the pictures and write up were worth the wait. If not then my apologies, my disclaimer was at the start :)

stop the binge drinking mate:thedoubletake:
clear your mind and the rest will follow....:peacetwo:

Hello veinz and thank you for your concern. It's something that has dogged me ever since I was first caught with a bottle of whisky in school at the age of 13 and I really wish that it was easier than it is (although I had been drinking for years before that along with my family). I literally go crazy and it feels like I'm sat outside myself watching and thinking 'what a pr*ck' yet am helpless to do so. Trust me I have tried everything from AA meetings to hospitalisation and I can last for months sometimes, then all it takes is a whiff of the good stuff. I don't ask for nor expect sympathy and I won't go into any details as to what put me in the frame of mind to do such a thing to myself, it is simply my cross to bear. But I thought an explanation was necessary as I was actually due to crash the very night that I wrote it, and I could sense that my type may be manic. 17 pints and a half oz of weed or so later I've been sober since and again I intend to try and stay that way. MJ helps with it a lot but that particular night it couldn't. I won't be mentioning it again on here but l didn't want people to think that I'm completely off my rocker, in fact when I'm sober it's probably as far away from that as you could imagine.

I wish you well, all the best :Namaste:

almost same situation but i do antabuse for the sake of my family, but aint gonna bother you anymore with this on this fantastic forum
but know that i and lots of people here are right behind you:green_heart:
happy growing dude

I have a family that I care about deeply, but they are well looked after and I have my own personal retreat for those dark days. I'm going to google antabuse and see whether it's available in my country as I'm always op[en to suggestions on how to control my 'condition'. You are right in that this is definitely not the place for this sort of discussion though. Let's get back to medicines and beautiful buds. May your garden be forever green :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom