3rd Grow - Time For The Light Show

Your LSD really has rebounded! That's remarkable. Do you have anything to lose by repotting the WW? Do you have room to do both: pop a new WW and repot the other?

Hey glimmergrass the LSD has been a revelation, a simple change of soil and BOOM! There she blows! Who would have thought such a simple remedy would work? My thanks go out for that, sometimes you just don't realise that it's better to change the soil instead of flushing and feeding a bad soil. If the option to change is available, get it done I say. Life lesson learned here, I'll be using a canna friendly soil in the future, except for when I test my own mixes lol.

As for the WW I'm not overly enthusiastic about repotting, only for the simple fact that every time I have bought it from someone I've found it underwhelming, if I repotted it would be purely to see whether she would grow much better. I'm not sure that that is worth it though as the LSD has already proven what a change of soil can do. If you want to vote her in though I'm game for it, it will all be for fun...let's toss a coin if there are no votes. :)

it will be enough to cover the costs of my hobby with a bit of spare change to maybe feed the children once a week or so ).

:thumb: atta boy, got your priorities straight I see.
I'd always vote to transplant when in doubt. But- if you don't even care for the strain.... I don't know, that's different. Maybe save the room for other plants? I didn't have any luck with WW either. Still have a couple ounces of it that I can't even give away...

I took a sample bud from my lsd about to smoke it we shall see :p mines got another week/2ish weeks now

Hey Spart enjoy. Even though I had bad problems with my first grow of LSD the smoke was still more than acceptable, it can have quite a kick to it, I'm just not too keen on the growing of it as it seems to be pretty sensitive to its growing conditions and as I'm not great at reading the plants (or even feeding them properly) I wouldn't recommend growing it to novice growers like myself.

:thumb: atta boy, got your priorities straight I see.
I'd always vote to transplant when in doubt. But- if you don't even care for the strain.... I don't know, that's different. Maybe save the room for other plants? I didn't have any luck with WW either. Still have a couple ounces of it that I can't even give away...

Priorities are a must Weaselcracker :) I'm still uncertain as to what I'll do with the WW myself. For now I'm content to let her continue her stunted growth and see what happens. In a couple more years she may have grown a few more inches at this rate ;)

Waiting in great anticipation for the next update! If your not too keen on the WW, put it in the flower tent for a couple weeks. Pull a flowering clone off her and root it in rockwool or coco. Make a soiless run. I would do that just because it would knock 2 or 3 items off the "growers bucket list"! Hope all is well sir!

Waiting in great anticipation for the next update! If your not too keen on the WW, put it in the flower tent for a couple weeks. Pull a flowering clone off her and root it in rockwool or coco. Make a soiless run. I would do that just because it would knock 2 or 3 items off the "growers bucket list"! Hope all is well sir!

Hey Spitz I intended on updating yesterday but I just didn't get time. Once I get to my PC tonight I'll sort out the photographs and let you all know how things are going. I did have a little hiccup when I messed about with the central heating, pulling the wrong pins out and pushing the wrong ones in. I thought out was for on and in for off but it was actually the other way around, caused myself some high temperature issues and gave the plants some heat stress. One of those face palm moments when the wife showed me how to work the bloody thing properly :rofl: Honestly I'd never even felt a need to mess with the heating for years until now.

I know that I should expand my horizons in the growing department but I can categorically state that I will never grow in anything other than soil. I have a love of nature and I feel that natural is the only way I ever want to grow, and I've had plenty of offers to try other means but really I'm pig headed and stubborn in some of my views and I just can't get past the 'as natural as possible indoors' thing that I'm trying to improve on. I guess I'm kind of boring but whenever a plant does make it through to harvest I always feel a sense of pride, that I achieved creating a plant's life as nature intended.

All the best everyone and I'll update as soon as possible :thumb:

Hello all, it's update time again with a few pictures. Some we may like, some we may not :)

First of all I would like to say that I ran into an issue this week, and it was definitely a case of grower error and there is no way to deny it.

I decided that I wanted to level out the temperatures in the room a touch more as the colder nights set in but made the mistake of pulling the pins out on the central heating timer to turn it on, and pushing them in thinking it would turn the heating off when in fact it was the other way around. I had two days of frantically checking all my ducting and pushing my fan back up to full power before my wife spotted my mistake. I couldn't believe it but realistically I'd never even had a need to mess with the heating before today in all the years that I have lived here. The temps were spiking to 90F when the lights were on, and dropping drastically when they were off. It didn't seem to do the flowering plants much harm and there was no sign of heat stress but it did affect a couple of the other plants in the veg tent. Luckily two days and it was fixed and the plants are currently at a much more respectable 84.7F, I'm happy with that.

As for the girls in flower they're all suffering the same torturous deficiencies or lockouts that they've pretty much grown up with and they've pretty much gotten worse. I fed them all a good dose of AN Micro, Grow, Bloom and CalMag along with some Humboldt's Secret Golden Tree in the hope that it can work some magic. I didn't PH the feed as that hasn't helped any in the past and I see no point in flushing them as that also didn't help when I did it either. I still put it down to a combination of soil that is anti MJ and grower error, but it's way too late in the game to rectify either. I'm just stumbling through until the plants either die or make it to harvest. It's disappointing but I won't be crying whatever the outcome is ;)

Looking at the best of the bunch, the Incredible Bulk 1 she is showing signs of the same problems everything I have grown these past two attempts, but it seems to be coming on slower than with the other two. I still have high hopes of some form of harvest from her though as she is already budding up nicely and is only a couple of weeks behind the other two girls. She will be fed water only on her next feed and hopefully this won't slow her down too much. For now though she's the best looker of a bad bunch, but she is doing ok if not great:

IMGP3137151208rs.jpg

The IB2 is further advanced into flowering and is quite bulky considering that she has a good 3 or 4 weeks left to go yet, maybe even longer although I would like to have her chopped in time for New Year if at all possible. This is how she was looking as of yesterday when the pictures were taken:

IMGP3121151208rs.jpg

The yellowing has progressed but as nothing seems to work that I try I'll sit and wait for any harvest that she can procure. But on a good note she is also showing some signs of frosting :)

IMGP3124151208rs.jpg

The Paradise Nebula though, what can I say whilst keeping things positive? lol. These things are sent to try us I guess, did I mention how much I dislike this soil? :rofl:

She's gradually getting crispier and crispier by the day yet her buds are growing although at a slower rate than the other two plants. She also has a slight frosting but again it's not as much as on the IB2, but hey at least I know she's producing something. I hope she makes it to the final stage as I am looking forward to trying a mainly sativa strain after only growing Indica. I'm not too sure that she'll make it though. If she starts keeling over and popping herself off I'll pull her and either throw her in the bin or salvage what smoke I can from her.

Here she is in her funky orange number:

IMGP3130151208rs.jpg

Time for a family shot in the tent:

IMGP3116151208rs.jpg

Overall it's ups and downs but I'll take it for what it is, any harvest is always a bonus I think and slowly but surely I'm learning a wonderful hobby and having fun doing it :)

In the other tent the White Widow is exactly as she was a week or so ago, stunted with slow growth and her middle leaves are still yellow, it's rising to the upper leaves too. She was also fed with SGT, Black Treacle and Epsom Salts. I have no idea whether I'll grow her out still but I do have to give her a chance so for now she is sat in the veg tent whilst I wait and see if she grows any.

Here she is as of the day before yesterday when I took her picture, there has been no change since:

IMGP3089151207.jpg

I also decided that I wanted a little more light in there so I bought an extra (claimed) 800w LED from a non sponsor. It was pretty cheap and has two 5w LED's per lens, it also has 4 green, 4 yellow and more more importantly an IR and UV LED in it's spectrum. Now I had heard that there are no UV LED's but after reading up I find that there actually are, they're even used in the industry that I left before doing my current work. As the light is a non sponsor I won't mention their name but I'm keen to see whether it makes a difference. It's currently over the Dark Devil Auto's and they seem to like it:

IMGP3080151207.jpg

That pretty much concludes the chemical side of things. I won't update the LSD here as she has gone vegan/organic or whatever is the MJ equivalent of not eating junk food :) I hope everyone is well and I wish you all the best of bountiful buds :thumb:

Thanks db003. I'm kind of wanting to get another tent going just to increase the chaos, maybe grow some males or make some seeds in there with this Collodial Silver I have lying around. I'm waiting until after the New Year though and then I''ll consider it. I'm just having fun rolling in the grass with this hobby, I love it :thumb:

Thanks db003. I'm kind of wanting to get another tent going just to increase the chaos, maybe grow some males or make some seeds in there with this Collodial Silver I have lying around. I'm waiting until after the New Year though and then I''ll consider it. I'm just having fun rolling in the grass with this hobby, I love it :thumb:

I wish I had more room for another tent I know how you feel :high-five:

Hello all, it's time for an update. There's not really been much going on with my chemical grow, over feeding, under watering and plants nearly popping off, just the usual and all in a day's work for the might plant slayer :)

3 days ago I had my first problem with the Incredible Bulk 1. I noticed that she was drooping and needed some water but I decided to let the soil dry out for that one extra night, I may have already done this for a couple of nights before that but hey these plants need to feel like everything isn't going to come easy. So I left her alone for the extra night and when I next saw her two nights ago she was flat on the floor, she had literally collapsed and splayed out almost at death's door.

One quick sharp pure water feeding and an hour alone and she had perked right back up, picked herself up, dusted herself down and was ready to roll again. Yesterday when I went in I saw the damage that this had caused, the majority of her middle leaves had gone into leaf senescence and were completely yellow. Today this has progressed to crisping up and getting ready to drop off. One thing that this does point me in the direction of (although I could be wrong, it's been known to happen) is that the Calcium and Magnesium side of her feeding regime was the first to be drained, so I'll need to keep an eye on the amount of CalMag that I give her, I will increase the dosage in future.

Aside from that though she is back up and plugging on. I also decided to give them a lower temperature day so I turned off the Reflectors for one light cycle and left only the Mars II 1600W going, it has caused some stretch to happen on the Paradise Nebula and the Incredible Bulk 2. I would have loved this to happen at an earlier stage but not now that they are so far into bloom. It will probably affect the yield as that light cycle spent putting their effort into stretching towards the light could have been better spent building up more bud :) Needless to say the Reflectors are back on now. I would have lowered the Mars II but due to the size of the bamboo supports sticking out of IB1's pot there was no way that could happen, I've not yet devised a way of allowing things to pass through glass but you can be sure that once I have I will let you all know and we can all go for a wander around the big city jewellery stores ;)

OK here is Incredible Bulk 1, apart from her leaf senescence she seems to be doing ok. I wasn't too keen on watering her again today but I gave her a pre water of 0.5l of water then fed her a litre of water mixed with CalMag in the hope of replacing some of those lost nutrients she used when under watered. We'll see how she goes, hopefully all the way to harvest ;)

IMGP3170151217rs.jpg

Now she's a week or so behind the other two girls but even after my blip she's still the best looker, yellow leaves and all. She's budding up nicely and the snow is coming in time for Christmas, here's a close up of her buds:

IMGP3193151217rs.jpg

The Incredible Bulk 2 had a little stretch herself yesterday, other than that she is plodding along. Her buds are quite small due to the squat bulky nature of her but they're heavy and dense for their size which gives me the hope that she could make some fine medicine. Here she is after her day cooling off:

IMGP3164151217rs.jpg

It looks like the damage to her leaves will never be rectified and I wouldn't expect them to, she is still producing though. Here's a bud shot of her so far:

IMGP3187151217rs.jpg

Now my poor poor Paradise Nebula, she's had a hard life and didn't take to my treatments half as well as the IB's have done, still she's struggling on and producing a little bud. Not a lot really but hey she's in there so we may as well see if we can get her to the finish post. No budshots for the PN though as they're not really worthy. She's here again sporting her bright orange jacket, I bet she won't get lost in the dark ;)

IMGP3161151217rs.jpg

That's pretty much it for now, I hope you are all well and that your buds may be beautiful and bountiful. All the best :thumb:

long live Kriaze the all mighty plant slayer.... I will follow in to battle until the end sir :rofl: but for real plants are still growing so its not that bad bro I still would like to see how these plants turn out and some of those buds dont look half bad some bud is better then no bud any day

wow... such a cruel garden master... and such lucky roots. :)

maybe not so good to go all the way to the floor though :) When you see those lower leaves droop, you have 12 hours.

Hey Emilya thanks for letting me know the time limit on the drooping. Much appreciated and I'm sure the girls will thank you for it when I get the art of last minute resuscitation down to a tee :)

long live Kriaze the all mighty plant slayer.... I will follow in to battle until the end sir :rofl: but for real plants are still growing so its not that bad bro I still would like to see how these plants turn out and some of those buds dont look half bad some bud is better then no bud any day

With the amount of bud I have left now db003 I'll be happy to chop these today lol. I let these auto's grow untrained as they're my first ever auto grow, I'm not expecting to get anything like what you pull off yours but so long as it smokes I'll be happy ;)

Hello :420: today is my how not to grow Cannabis update!

I took the girls out from their tents today so that I could take pictures of them, damn I kind of wish that I hadn't but on the flip side it was good (?) to see how well they are not doing. The best thing I can say about this grow is that I may get some buds, if not a lot. Plus we have snow in time for Christmas! :)

After strutting their stuff for the camera all the girls were given a feed of 25ml of AN Grow, AN Bloom and CalMag in 9 litres of water which was shared between them. This will be the last nutrient feed for both the Incredible Bulk 2 and the Paradise Nebula, I will feed nutrients to the Incredible Bulk 1 next time and that may be her last feed before flush. The buds are nowhere near where I would like them to be but after all the torture these girls have had to endure at least there will be some so that's a bonus. Anyway, I think the pictures may best tell this story so I'll let them do the talking.

Here is the Incredible Bulk 1. She is showing signs of a little heat stress which is probably due to the milder weather that we're currently experiencing here, the fans are on full power and again I have had to turn the Reflectors off to bring the temperatures down from their high of 87.5F. I'm thinking that I will turn them on for a few hours per day until harvest and then I will see if there is anything that I can improve for the future, other than my growing skills that is ;)

IMGP3233rs.jpg

So we can see the leaves curling up at the sides and there is also the onset of what looks like a CalMag deficiency. I also see what looks like nutrient burn but this is not on all leaves so I don't really have a clue whether they have been overfed or not. The buds are ok considering she has around 2 or 3 weeks left but they're not fat and I get the feeling that they'll be quite airy unless something drastic happens over the next fortnight.

Here's a top view of her:

IMGP3234rs.jpg

One of her buds, which admittedly are frosting up nicely. I think she will smoke well even though the yield may not be great:

IMGP3230rs.jpg

Now the Incredible Bulk 2 has had her last feed of nutrients and will only be fed water from now on until her demise. She is squat and bulky and the buds seem hard and dense to the touch, there just aren't a lot of them. She's also not swelling like I would hope but there's still time while she is being flushed, I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one:

IMGP3241rs.jpg

Here is a top view which also shows the extent of the damage that she has had to endure:

IMGP3242rs.jpg

Again she is quite frosty but I don't feel a need to put her under the microscope as of yet. She should be ready in 2 weeks or so, I'll be looking for a fair amount of amber in her trichomes and may harvest her in 2 stages. Here are a couple of pictures of her buds and that beautiful frost :)

IMGP3246rs.jpg
IMGP3238rs.jpg

I'm not overjoyed with her buds but again she should give some smoke material at least.

My poor Paradise Nebula. This girl has really had it bad, and it shows! Not only with the terrible discolouration and crispiness of her leaves but also in her bud production, or lack of it I should say. she is in a sorry state and I can't help but wish that she was ready for harvest and out of my tent, yet I also wish she had more time to fatten up. She will also go onto flush as of now and will probably be made into butter or maybe some bubble hash, I'll see how she looks when the day comes.

A couple of shots of her laying around:

IMGP3250rs.jpg
IMGP3253rs.jpg

and here is one of her buds. There is a little frosting going on but these buds are light and airy, I would have expected much more from a healthy plant such as she lol. Ah well c'est la vie:

IMGP3252rs.jpg

Now the White Widow is still in veg and showing some slow growth. I may transplant this girl yet into either Canna Terra Pro or Plant Magic Plus. I'm still not sure but as she is picking up a little I may well do so. Here she is:

IMGP3289rs.jpg
IMGP3291rs.jpg

That pretty much concludes the update on my chemical grow, wish the girls luck...They really need it.

All the best everyone and I hope that you are all well and healthier than these poor girls over here :thumb:

This one is for you Spitz. The LSD is looking a little droopy but she was given water after her time in the spotlight. She should pick up soon enough, although I'm concerned about a couple of things with her. Mainly the colouring of her stems and veins, plus I'll be keeping an eye on her attempt at budding. This is probably because she was taken out of the flowering tent at near death before being transplanted into the Canna Terra Pro but all the same it looks like there is some new growth. If she flowers under my light schedule of 18/6 I'll be shocked to say the least.

IMGP3285rs.jpg

From the top:

IMGP3288rs.jpg

Here are her mini buds, there's actually trichomes in there if you look closely :)

IMGP3287rs.jpg

All the best :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom