3rd grow what the

hbenz

hey guys im on my 3rd indoor soil grow and having sum troubles take a look
P8261049.jpg
heres sum pics
P8261044.jpg
P8261057.jpg
P8261058.jpg
as you can see the leaves are going yellow, blotching and dying im a bit concerned as it is effecting all areas of the plant. i think it is a combination of deficencies N & P maybe? i flushed them with 10 litres of water and then 2 litres of 30 30 70 i thought they may just be very hunrgy but didnt want to overload the soil with nutes hence the flushing before the nutes. In the 4th pic in the bottom left corner you can see the grey blotchyness does this look like mould? also i have a small spidermite problem which is being kept at bay with neem oil about a week ago i added a knockdown spray to the neem oil spray that later i read had alkaline in it which shouldnt be mixed with neem oil could this be the problem? i have since sprayed with water and again with neem oil i also have a small fan heater that i havnt needed in my past 2 grows could this be the cause? i have had similar problems in the past and spidermites as well but nothing this bad. please help im 3 weeks into budding and not to sure on whats going on any input would be much appreciated cheers 420 heres a pic of my grow:peacetwo:
P8261045.jpg

Re: 3rd grow what the f**k!!

heres the facts
What Strain is it? unsure very fruity smell to end product
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?[ What percentages? indica dominant i think
How many plants? 19
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?flowering
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?3rd week
Indoor or Outdoor?indoor
Soil or Hydro?soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix?terrazilla premium soiless mix
If Soil... What Size Pot?9L
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?2x600w HPS and 2x600w retro MH for veg
Is it Air Cooled?no
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?65f to 79f
RH of Room/Cabinet? 35%-60%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? if water goes in at ph6.5 runoff comes out at ph6.0
Any Pests?yes spidermites
How Often are you Watering?alternate water and nute solution every 3-4 days
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? 30-30-70 budzilla and headmaster micro blast and meta K

Re: 3rd grow what the f**k!!

Need to increase the nute strength per gallon of water. From the look of the stock it is quite thick, the bigger the plant the more they can eat. 3 weeks in bloom need more nutes to built the buds, if lacking nutes the plant will eat itself from the leafs.

cheers for the reply 12 this time round i used a additive called sudden impact to speed up and increase bud production it seemed to have worked seeing the first sign of buds only 3 days after switching to 12/12 so i think your right about the lack of nutes i gave them some nutes after flushing 2 days ago would you recommend feeding again when they dry up a bit or straight water then some nutes? cheers 12 thanks for the input i checked out your grow and must say thumbs up to you bro cheers for the help:thumb:

Hey, no problem. What nutrients are you using? There are two feeding methods you can use. Heavy feed which occur once every 2-3 days depending on how hungry your plants are and how much they drink. Lift the pot for wet weight to get some idea when they need watering. Then there's also light feed which you feed every watering. Heavy feed go full strength. Light feed go 1/2 strength. Some strains I grow love light feed with every watering while some other like it heavy.

To know if they are hungry look at the leafs for color. Dark green is well feed, light green is hungry, and yellow is starvation. You can also go higher than full strength +1/4 to the maxim recommended dosage for your nutrient brand and still be ok. Look for sign of nute burn when you feed the plants usually occur 1-2hrs after. If no nute burn, continue to feed them at that strength for next feeding. If they burn, flush it and feed back with 1/4 - 1/2 less. Test out on a few plants with same strain before doing it to the entire crop.

Is this your first time growing? You got a sick setup, have you experience this before (if this is not your first at growing).

hey 12 this is my 3rd grow i havent had this problem before i use budzilla which is a 1 part 30-30-70 nutrient alongside with headmaster which is recommended to be used together i also use earthjuice microblast and meta k every 2nd feed. i normally feed once a week and water once a week giving each plant 1.5 - 2 litres of water or nutes each time. i have run out of microblast and meta-k and havent given them any for a couple weeks, but have folier feed with microblast earlier today it seems the flushing has stopped part of the problem but there is still a def. going on heres sum pics

P8281067.jpg
P8281070.jpg

does this look like a manganese def. or maybe a k def or do you think ph could be a factor i normally water in some dolomite lime round week 3 but just havent been able to get to the garden centre. As for the set up i am quite pleased with it so far 1st grow yielded 21 0z and 2nd yielded 32 oz am hoping for the same again if i can get out of this spot of bother once again thanks 12 heres a couple pics from my last grow malawi gold x afghan skunk
P4150081.jpg
P4150079.jpg
P4150077.jpg

Yes it looks like Mag def which has the characteristics of:

Magnesium (Mg):
-Commonly deficient in Cannabis
-Yellowing of lower leaves progressing upwards with severity
-Interveinal yellowing
-Rust brown patches on leaf margins, tips and between veins

Doh, it's your 3rd grow even listed in the title, lol. Excuse me.

Try trimming off the infected leafs and try adding some mag in your mix. After the infected leaves are gone you can see if the new fix improved or it continue to spread, then we can go from there. Also, trimming off the bad leafs will prevent molds and promote growth.

so 12 i have trimmed most of the effected leaves off and watered in 1 tbsp of dolamite lime in to each pot the run off was at ph 6.0 -6.5 fingers crossed it works. the buds still seem to be growing and healthy is this common in defiences?

Awesome with the trimming in a few day your plant will tell you more. Deficiency is common in Cannabis since we're trying to mimic nature and getting something off course the plants will show signs. PH imbalance is often the cause of mag def. Your plant should recover 1/2 - 1 week.

hey 12 just checked in on the plants and seem to be doing ok buds are definately doing well hopfully the worst is behind me am due to head to the hydro store to get some microblast 2moro cheers 12 your a great help:passitleft:

i have about 5-6 weeks left not sure on the strain so just when they look ready. checked the plants today and after two days there is no more dying or blotching of the leaves im quite stoked actually:thumb:

hey maer at a 1/4 cup per gallon i would use 1/8 of a cup per 2 litres or 1/2 gallon right?
i used 1 heaped tablespoon roughly 1/8 of a cup cheers for the reply maer
:roorrip:

i have about 5-6 weeks left not sure on the strain so just when they look ready. checked the plants today and after two days there is no more dying or blotching of the leaves im quite stoked actually:thumb:

Thanks for the good news. All is sweet. Remember to keep it simple. Feed it with some molasses to feed the biorganism in your soil to promote healthy plants.

Back
Top Bottom