3rd LED Grow - Aurora Indica + Cannalope Haze

Re: Staffy's 3rd GLH Grow - Aurora Indica + Cannalope Haze

yesterday i spent some time wth the plants pullin back and tieing the side banches down, tryin to let the inter nodes grow up with the big tops cola, so i have more tops :) really got to be careful with pm with the AI. so i am trimming up the plants pretty good this time .

do u guys think i should lst the little AI now or just let her grow normal? im thinking if i want the most out of the plant, then lst! but it just might be cool to let her grow normal, since i always lst.

gnat problem doesnt seem to be as bad now. had my strips to high and brought it down near plants and caught more on it, not really noticing them flyimg anymore, just wait for babies now, lol.

now the tobacco juice for this, i always thought tobacco was very harmful t marijuana plants? if so surely poring tobacco juice in my soil would be bad?

No worries staffy them seats will be filled up before long.You will be selling tickets when them flowers appear.Those are some really nice stains you have and are going to produce nicely:goodjob:

IMHO I would not use tobacco.Tobacco caries a lot of disseases that are harmfull to all plants.

ya tobacco just doesnt seem right. im gonna wait to get payed and get some sns product.

Hey Staffy, not to shabby.. Here, I grabbed this from our pest solver..
Fungus Gnats
Fungus gnats like to feed on roots of the plants and organic matter. Adults and larvae live in moist, shady areas. The adults lay there eggs on top of the soil, near the base of the stem and takes about 4 days to hatch. The larvae will start by eating the root hairs of the plant then working their way up the plant, Fungus gnats like to eat organic matter so they will be stealing away nutrients from your plants, so its best to get rid of them completely.

If plants are outdoors, check the soil of plants before taking them back indoors for adult gnats or their larvae.

Prevent indoor entry of gnats by making sure there is no open windows open without screens on. Aug is a bad time for them as they are worst that time of the year.

Put sticky traps on the soil surface to trap the gnats

Put potato slices on the surface of the soil. The larvae like it and will be drawn to it.. After about 4 to 5 days, remove the potato slices with the larvae. To get rid of them you can do a lot of things like either use a NO pest strip, neem oil or putting sand on the surface of the soil will suffocate the eggs and get rid of them as well. Tobacco juice kills them, and works well for re-occurrences!

They can be in or on the soil and can fly. In order to get rid of them you can use neem oil, sand on the surface again kills them, and no pest strips catch the ones that fly. A chemical product called Zone works very well and is very powerful and works well in hydro!
Other Products which can be used in hydro and soil are:
Chemicals
Hot Pepper Wax,Safer Yard & Garden Insecticide (which can be used right to the day of harvest),GNATROL( used in hydro in the water as well as soil),Doc's Neem Pest Soap,Safer Sticky Stakes,TR-11000 Pyrethrum.

SNS also makes a gnat dunk that I have been hearing good things about from friends.. I have only had to deal with them a few times and they were introduced here in clones. I stir my topsoil the day after I water, exposing the eggs to the air and killing them and sticky fly strips will take care of the adults..
I thought Hygrozyme was actually to help break down dead roots and stuff in the soil.. Never heard of it being used for gnats or pests... Whatever you do, you need to get on it before they go after the plant. I also read something somewhere about fabric softener sheets being a good gnat repellent.. :smokin:
:goodjob:

i was told the mosquito dunk will get rid of them real quick by my med club. never used them though.

heres some pics of what i did yesterday. bendiong stems outward so inner nodes can grow up. just the aurora and rhino.

WR
my_grow_676.jpg

here is where i suppercropped
my_grow_673.jpg
my_grow_671.jpg

AI
my_grow_675.jpg
my_grow_672.jpg
my_grow_674.jpg

irish

ya what ive read the dunk is good but i just dont know how good for these plants. and its cheap.. if ur med club uses it then must be ok, i guess.

Looking great staffy, I had a PM scare recently with my girls turns out it wasn't thank god. But I have been tripping lately trying to prevent it. I took alot of fan leaves off my plants just for better circulation, I know a lot of people says tuck and don't pluck but I have seen alot of ppl do that and it their plants did great like Mike did with his Super Lemon Haze grow. I also ordered some GreenCure for just in case. I know you had that PM problem on your 1st grow it sucks, that and budrot is a growers nightmare.

thanks bro
well thats lucky u didnt have it, ya its horrible, definate nightmare, whats green cure?
i believe its 52firestone and hes doin that whole test with takin fan leaves off, looks great so far. ill try and leave them but if have to ill take them off

Hey Staffy your plants look good. Sorry to hear about the bug situation. Never have had that problem yet. I have never heard of Aurora Indica. Will have to look that up. Keep up the good work. BTW I like the idea of better exposing the nodes. Never thought of that.

thanks bro. ya it sucks havin bugs but im keepin it somewhat under control, i like to think. lol. the AI looks awesome, was told its not huge stinker bud very frosty and produces well.
also recently got a crystal chunk recently, u may have not seen her , on other page, but she is a pretty rare strain, not much info on web. its a white widow/choc chunk mix. indica dom. but has the leaves of a sativa, very interesting to me this strain and cant wait to see how it turns out.
im trying to get as many top as i can so imma try this :)

went to lowes and the depot , lowes didnt have shit, depot had some mosquito dunks, i dont think it was the stuff i was lookin for, it was like rings and u put it in ur water. dont know hoiw this would help my soil?
instead i got some organocide, about 15 bucks for a big 620z i believe it was. omri listed.
active ingred.
sesame oil 0.10%

inactive ingred.
edible fish oil 1.84%
lecithin 0.06%
water 98%

i guess this stuff is mainly spraying. should just dig top layer of soil and spray around or some how pour it to my soil??

tested the product on a leaf and has takin good to it so far. not really wanting it for leaf tho, i need to soil drench with it. saw a gnat on the side of a bucket so i sparyed it two times and its dead so at least i know it works.
for drenchin my soil, the product is already diluted ready to use, but do u guys think i should maybe dilute it more? maybe 50/50 more water?

thanks bro, pull up a seat, im sure theres plenty empty ones. :)

what do u mean it will cost alot of work?

i do alot more with the plant, i do think when lst them, rather than letting them grow straight up.

That you need alot of time doing it , i work on my plant a few hours a week on average. Sometimes not so much tho.

Looing nice btw :)

Back
Top Bottom