3w or 5w diodes is the question

I am a firm believer in UVB and use lots of supplemental lamps (roughly 20% of my total HPS output) in the last 4 weeks of flowering depending on strain.

Do you happen to have pictures of any of those buds and plants? Every time I got above 7% I started see deformations in the plant and started seeing it in the buds at ~ 10%. Also, how did you calculate your UV:B and what type of light/bulbs did you use?

Do you happen to have pictures of any of those buds and plants? Every time I got above 7% I started see deformations in the plant and started seeing it in the buds at ~ 10%. Also, how did you calculate your UV:B and what type of light/bulbs did you use?

I think if you check out the journal linked in my sig you will be able to get all that info. If not, PM me and we can talk through it.

B-

Hey 8!

For a single light in a 4x4, a P450 would work great as it's a direct replacement for a 600w HPS. We actually have some 420 members that have done a side by side and shown a P450 actually outperforming the HPS in every way. All this while consuming only 274w!

Remember again and again.. watts consumed does not equal growing power!

As far as 3 watt vs. 5 watt. I am using both in my home made panels, and to my eyes I cannot see a difference. If I were to start over I would build the whole thing with the 3 watt units, but when I started my project the choices were limited as far as colors and mounting types, and were more available in the 5 watt. When I first started building my panels, nobody out there was using any power LED's that I could find,and I was looking. The real key is lensing, without good lenses a lot of light is wasted. So the question you should be asking is what lenses are they using, and of course what colors are the diodes. After that, it's all about how much coverage area, and true power used. I don't see anything wrong with panels using 3 watt diodes. I have nothing against PlatinumLED, or anybody else out there making panels as I have never seen one. Do they have lenses on there LED's? That gets you the most bang for the buck, lenses.

Back
Top Bottom