3w or 5w diodes is the question

hydromania

3w or 5w diodes, which is better. I guess coverage Vs intensity ? lower wattage diodes covering a greater area or a higher wattage diode in one single larger lighting fixture.

Thank you for you reply, I am simply looking to buy quality lighting to replace my 1000 wer's which currently being used witin 3 x 8'x 4' tents. Sick of dealing with heat and buying bulbs. If I was to purchase Platinum LED's what what you suggest.

Thank you for you reply, I am simply looking to buy quality lighting to replace my 1000 wer's which currently being used witin 3 x 8'x 4' tents. Sick of dealing with heat and buying bulbs. If I was to purchase Platinum LED's what what you suggest.

We could suggest a number of different solutions for this according primarily to your budget. However.. as you know.. lighting is the number one most important investment that you'll make in your grow equipment! Trying to cut corners up front will only cost you.

As you can see in his thread, Curso is loving though 2 x P450s. You could then theoretically use 4 x P450s and do wonders with them. However, we feel that some of this is also dictated by your style of growing. If you're growing larger, single plants or fewer plants, then you can get away more easily with the 19" long panel size which is what the P150, P300 and P450 all use. They're all 19" long panels and go from skinny to wider. In Curso's case, he's growing one big giant plant in a 4x4.. so the more centralized lighting works well for him.

If you're style of growing is more plants and really packing them in from wall to wall.. such as in a SOG method.. then you really would benefit from a P600, P900 or P1200 combination since they're all 36" long panels and again.. go from skinny to wider. This 36" long size would really hit that 48" depth of the tent perfectly and give super even light to all corners and sides.

So.. if you're looking at the 36" panel series, here's a list of suggestions from the top down along with true power draw and total price. Remember that we offer both a forum discount of 5% PLUS a multiple light discount of 5% for 2-4 lights and 10% for 5+ lights. This would give you an effective discount of 10%-15%.

4 x P900 (2228w avg draw) - $3245
4 x P600 (1472w avg draw) - $2378
3 x P900 (1671w avg draw) - $2433
3 x P600 (1104w avg draw) - $1784
2 x P900 (1114w avg draw) - $1622

Now.. these quotes are based on a max of 4 units at one time.. total discount of 10%. If you're looking to do 2 or 3 tents worth at one time.. remember that we kick in another 5% for 5+ units.. so the pricing would be even lower..

Quick question: How many 1000w HPS fixtures are you using per 4x8 tent at the moment?

Currently running HPS-->MH-->HPS = 3000w .. SCROG

We could suggest a number of different solutions for this according primarily to your budget. However.. as you know.. lighting is the number one most important investment that you'll make in your grow equipment! Trying to cut corners up front will only cost you.

As you can see in his thread, Curso is loving though 2 x P450s. You could then theoretically use 4 x P450s and do wonders with them. However, we feel that some of this is also dictated by your style of growing. If you're growing larger, single plants or fewer plants, then you can get away more easily with the 19" long panel size which is what the P150, P300 and P450 all use. They're all 19" long panels and go from skinny to wider. In Curso's case, he's growing one big giant plant in a 4x4.. so the more centralized lighting works well for him.

If you're style of growing is more plants and really packing them in from wall to wall.. such as in a SOG method.. then you really would benefit from a P600, P900 or P1200 combination since they're all 36" long panels and again.. go from skinny to wider. This 36" long size would really hit that 48" depth of the tent perfectly and give super even light to all corners and sides.

So.. if you're looking at the 36" panel series, here's a list of suggestions from the top down along with true power draw and total price. Remember that we offer both a forum discount of 5% PLUS a multiple light discount of 5% for 2-4 lights and 10% for 5+ lights. This would give you an effective discount of 10%-15%.

Now.. these quotes are based on a max of 4 units at one time.. total discount of 10%. If you're looking to do 2 or 3 tents worth at one time.. remember that we kick in another 5% for 5+ units.. so the pricing would be even lower..

Quick question: How many 1000w HPS fixtures are you using per 4x8 tent at the moment?

Ah yes.. then you would highly benefit from our 36" panel size!

Our P900 is roughly equal to about 1000w of HPS power.. so if you're liking the 3000w of HPS/MH power that you have in there now, wait until you see what it looks like with 4 x P900s absolutely blowing it up.. :high-five:

When you say roughly equal power to 1000w HPS ... Do you have exact comparison stats ?

Ah yes.. then you would highly benefit from our 36" panel size!

Our P900 is roughly equal to about 1000w of HPS power.. so if you're liking the 2400w of HPS/MH power that have in there now, wait until you see what it looks like with 4 x P900s absolutely blowing it up.. :high-five:

What temps to the P900's and P600's run at ?

All of our lights blow a steady 78-80 degree air out of them. More lights = more air of course.. but.. gentle, warm 78 degree air.

We have comparison stats in the sense of coverage and direct performance from many of our users, yes. We routinely replace 1000w HPS units with our P900 and P1200 units with absolute flying colors..

Feel free to give us a call at 321-800-8926 from 9am - 10pm EST with any questions.. we're here to help in any way we can.

That goes of course for anyone else reading this as well.. :high-five:

Hi PlatinumLED,

is it okay to hang the P150 12" above the canopy for a 2'x2' grow area?

Im trying to contain humidity with a dehumidifier in a grow tent which is 2x4x5 in dimension.

With ambient humidity at 70%RH at 82F, I figure it would be nice if your P150 doesn't emit much heat in order to minimise air exchange turnover.

Ciao!

Hi PlatinumLED,

is it okay to hang the P150 12" above the canopy for a 2'x2' grow area?

Im trying to contain humidity with a dehumidifier in a grow tent which is 2x4x5 in dimension.

With ambient humidity at 70%RH at 82F, I figure it would be nice if your P150 doesn't emit much heat in order to minimise air exchange turnover.

Ciao!

Hello! Yes, 12"-18" above plant tops is optimal once your plants are well acclimated to the intensity of the light.

However, for a 2x4 we would recommend stepping up to the P300 as it would fit that space much more efficiently and flower things out that much better.

If we can help in any way, please just let us know!

Thanks for the quick reply!

My grow space within the tent is only actually 2x2, as i need the extra foot or so for the dehumidifier and all the other stuffs.

Yeah, Ive noticed those threads, actually and they've certainly piqued my interest.

Thanks again!

For a 2x2 and with your heat concerns, the P150 would work perfectly for you. Absolutely.

Remember the forum discount on our site and please let us know how it works out for you! We're here to help.

Hey Platinum Led , What would you recommend to light a 5' x 5' tent with? 600's or 900's or a single 1200

Hey Platinum Led , What would you recommend to light a 5' x 5' tent with? 600's or 900's or a single 1200

Aloha!

We would always recommend multiple smaller panels over a single large panel being as that you'll get better and more even coverage. Also, there's a nice advantage to having multiple points of canopy penetration for increased side lighting.

For a 5x5, we would recommend either 2 x P600s or 2 x P900s depending on your budget. Either setup would work absolutely fabulous.. with the 2 x P900s bordering on overkill.. but some like overkill!

One consideration is the heat factor in such a small space once you really load it up with panels. While the lights do run cooler, when you put two large panels in a small space you're going to need to make sure that you have adequate intake and exhaust. As long as you're exchanging the air efficiently.. you should be good to go.

We could point you to Tav doing a 2 x P600 grow in his 4x4 tent.. and keeping the temps at a steady 73-77 degree range without running any AC in his house.. just by efficiently moving the air.

I am considering a couple P450's for my flower area. Do they daisy chain? Also what is the CFM of your cooling fans? Finally, how much UVB are your lights (P450) putting out? I am a firm believer in UVB and use lots of supplemental lamps (roughly 20% of my total HPS output) in the last 4 weeks of flowering depending on strain.

Thanks!

B-

I am considering a couple P450's for my flower area. Do they daisy chain? Also what is the CFM of your cooling fans? Finally, how much UVB are your lights (P450) putting out? I am a firm believer in UVB and use lots of supplemental lamps (roughly 20% of my total HPS output) in the last 4 weeks of flowering depending on strain.

Thanks!

B-

Hello! We used to have the daisy chain option available but eliminated it due to safety concerns with people connecting too many lights together and putting too much strain on the first unit's wiring system. Safety is of course the number one concern!

That's an interesting question about the CFM of the cooling fans and one we haven't received before. I honestly could not tell you offhand.. but if it's a major factor then we can research it and get back to you. We can tell you that the fans blow very strong and cool the heat sinks very well..

As far as how much UVB the P450 puts out.. that as well is a bit difficult to quantify in numbers. We can tell you that the P450 has 2 x 3w UV diodes in it being driven at 650mA. There's a good trace amount in the light so there will be a presence for sure.. but if you're wanting 20% output, then supplemental lamps will be needed.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Back
Top Bottom