BpoBrad

Greetings folks BpoBrad here for my first indoor grow (I've grow outdoors but that was years ago). I'm new to indoor agriculture, I have years of experience working and farming outside so this should be fun! :welcome:

The Gear:
Light- Mars Hydro II 700w LED
Supplentary- Sun System 150w MH veg, HPS flower
Tent- Mars Hydro 39x39x5'11
Fan- Undecided an open for suggestions
Filter- Undecided an open for suggestions
Nutes- Roots organics full line, with Rocks full line once a week.
Soil- Roots orgnic base with my own mix

Strains all from Herbie's and from seed:
1x THC BOMB
1x Heavyweight Strawberry cheesecake
1x Dr. Krippling's incredible bulk
1x Delious Seeds CheeseCandy
THC 5 pack
Heavyweight 3 pack
Dr. 1 pack
CheeseCandy 2 pack free

Keep posted for daily updates, all the gear is here and set up just waiting on the girls to get home from theyer European vacation should be home any day now! I'm open to all advice and suggestions just be cool if difference of opinions come up, duces and smoke on!

IMG_20150925_145403.jpg
The pup loving the light.

Still waiting on the girls, I can't seem to find much first hand knowledge about the Strawberry Cheesecake. Any one with any knowledge or tips please come on up, anything I should know off rip about this strain?

I think you're gonna have a hard time finding out too much about the cheesecake and the bulk. I have had interest in trying bulk for a while because of the outrageous claims lol. Might go for it myself as an outdoor grow next spring.

Off topic, do you rent or own? I currently rent and have my grow tent in my room and live in constant paranoia that my landlord is gonna do an inspection lol. Running a similarly sized tent but have 300 true watts of LED's and soon adding 600w hps when i switch to flowering, growing some random strain my buddy had and some Barneys Red Dragon.

I'm subbed, if I can contribute in any way I will try to help! Goodluck

Dope my first commen thanks for replying, I know I can't find much on the Cheesecake guess I'll be the first? I had a buddy grow bulk so I'm a lil familiar with it.

As for your other question I rent, I feel after living here for awhile that I'm in the clear, if you don't give them a reason to come in they really shouldn't you know. Have you flowered with just your LED before? I'm just a lil worried that the LED won't have the balls to get the job done that's where the 150 hps will come in.

Thanks you'll be hearing from me I love bouncing new ideas off of people, good luck to you to bro!

I'll be around and am very interested in both strains, I was gonna go with both of those actually but went with barneys Red Dragon and they have been giving me a hard time.

my post is all over the place sorry, but that 700w mars led will be perfect for your setup, its a better manufacturer than mine and way more wattage/penetration because mine are only the 3w chips. As far as the light you are set, idk if I would have spent the $$ on the hps to be honest as the led will be more than enough.

I just purchased a inline fan/carbon filter combo and should get it in a week or so, so I will let you know how it works. Cost $129 for the setup and fan runs up to 450cfm which is overkill but will give me the option of using it in a larger space if need be.

My first grow (Currently on second) I veg'd and flowered with 1 300w (150true watt panel) and threw in the 2nd close to the end. They do work well for being $100 a piece imo. Click the 1st link in my signature and you can get an idea of how well it did regardless of my many issue's.

-Inexperienced
-constantly moving plants between locations
-breaking tops in flowering while moving (lol :/ )
-Light leaks + 0 ventilation...

I actually read your first grow haha! That was before I was a member though, I enjoyed it.

As far as for the light that I thought so as well but I just wanted to be sure also the extra blue from the MH in veg should prevent any herm's on the THCB, I think but who knows? Plus it's a steal for what I'm getting it for and there's never to much light lol.

Please do keep me posted on the fan, I'm holding out till about week 2 of veg just to save up a lil cash.

I'm gonna sub to your 2nd grow looks interesting, but what I can say with the Bulk from what my buddy told me is if you treat them well and give them all they need they'll repay the favor then some.:morenutes:

BpBrad,
Welcome to 420 magazine and green blessings to you.:420:
Saw you lurking in my journal and decided to check yours.

Your light will do just fine in your tent. However, you will have to train your plants to get the most out of your light.

Noticed you had a lot of seeds in your stash.
From what I have read, those bulk strains get large.
I wouldn't do no more than 4 plants in that space. 2 or 3 plants would be optimal unless you are gonna scrog.

You are right, you have time before you make a decision on your ventilation. I would be reviewing a nice 4 inch or 6 in fan filter combo. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish when it comes to your filter.
I use a phresh. They last a long time and are very effective.

A word of advice, set up your signature link on your profile. That way others can follow your grow when you make comments in others grows. Read this. How To Put A Link To Your Grow In Your Sig
Good luck! :peace:

Thanks for stopping by bro I love your grow so far!

I'm beginning to think I may have gone a lil over board with the extra light, to think I was thinking about throwing a 400w hps too lol. I was thinking about topping a few times with some moderate LST, and then throwing a SCROG in there but who knows I'm gonna play it by ear, sight, and plant ya know.

Thanks for the suggestion phresh is what my local shop carries, trust me I wont go cheap I don't feel like wasting all my time money and effort just cause I wanna save a few bucks

Stay tuned man and thanks for stopping by looking forward to the stretch

subbed and watching you from outside your window.... :popcorn::rofl:

I would say go with the six inch vent fan and get a fan speed controller that way even if you don't use your fan on full blast your have the option I like that you might put a hps I swear I wanted to do the same thing but I don't have ac so temps stay pretty high in the tents but its all good

you were right we do have a lot of grow stuff that is alike I am a big fan of lst and scrog and all the seeds you got sound like great strains I had my eye on all of them good luck

Haha well I'll have to tell my girl to cover up more then.

I was thinking of doing the same setup 6 inch with fan speed controller, I just like the idea of being in control, I think temps should stay fine I usually keep it 70-73 in my place (the lady likes it cold as hell) that plus a circulating fan I think I should be primo.

I had my eye on the strains for some time now, THCB I actually planned on growing while in the Afghanistan like 3 years ago lol, thanks for the luck I'll be needing it, stay tuned and smoke on!

Welcome Confucius, thanks for stopping by. :Namaste:

This is my first indoor grow, I've had several outdoor harvest but that was 5 years ago (signed my life away to the man) so I'm ready to try all the new things that have came out since then, this grow has been 5 years of imagining and planning.

Off topic, but here is the fan/filter I purchased. Looked like good real reviews so hopefully it works as well as I've heard.

Just gotta get a controller and should be all set. Once I get back and have it running for a few days I'll let you know.

Kinda pricey I guess but still, as long as it works like it's supposed to.

I've been looking at the same one! I'm just concerned with the noise and quality of the filter, I really cant find much info or reviews on this exact one.

That's my only issue with this site and intend to change it, no one does enough reviews on the entry level stuff for the new growers, I mean reading a review for a product is all well and good but not when its out of my price range, we need more reviews on the cheap ish and entry level Amazon and Ebay stuff so we can stop scary away potentially great cultivators with price tags, that's my rant these cookies are getting to me haha.

On a side note my seeds have made it through ISC New York and has been in transit for 3 days, with all the subs this thread should be a good one thanks brothers!

I've been looking at the same one! I'm just concerned with the noise and quality of the filter, I really cant find much info or reviews on this exact one.

That's my only issue with this site and intend to change it, no one does enough reviews on the entry level stuff for the new growers, I mean reading a review for a product is all well and good but not when its out of my price range, we need more reviews on the cheap ish and entry level Amazon and Ebay stuff so we can stop scary away potentially great cultivators with price tags, that's my rant these cookies are getting to me haha.

On a side note my seeds have made it through ISC New York and has been in transit for 3 days, with all the subs this thread should be a good one thanks brothers!

BpoBrad,
You are very wise to question the quality of the fan filter combo suggested to you.
Did you know that the lifespan of a filter is mostly determined by rh % in YOUR area?:hmmmm:

So it would be safe to assume that someone in the tropics can expect their carbon scrubber to NOT last as long as someone using the same unit with milder relative humidity averages. :reading420magazine:

The point being that your milage may vary.
With that said, stick to a name brand scrubber. :thumb:

Now, as for the exhaust fan, the benefit of buying a pricey one is how quiet it is to operate. Yes a speed controller will be your friend no matter if you go budget or premium, but YOU will have to be the judge of how quiet you want your grow area to be based upon YOUR circumstances.
Stage out:peacetwo:

Sage I didn't even bring that in to account I do live in a sub-tropic climate so good call I'm going to go name brand, just need to decide over 4' or 6', probably the 6' I enjoy overkill if its good overkill. But I like the idea of quite, I'm going to the hydro store tomorrow to look at some and compare with online pricing, so I'll post what I come back with.

Confucius I don't know how I feel about buying grow stuff on Amazon and Ebay yet (even named brand stuff just don't trust it why not buy from the manufacturer, call me a nervous Nelly), but once I start growing indoor more I'll experiment with the cheaper off brand stuff just for the help of budget growers. Pop on it though dude, airflow and circulation is paramount to me when it comes to growing, maybe post a review?

Get a journal too my homie so that way we can a peep what your hiding. :morenutes:

Sage I didn't even bring that in to account I do live in a sub-tropic climate so good call I'm going to go name brand, just need to decide over 4' or 6', probably the 6' I enjoy overkill if its good overkill. But I like the idea of quite, I'm going to the hydro store tomorrow to look at some and compare with online pricing, so I'll post what I come back with.

Confucius I don't know how I feel about buying grow stuff on Amazon and Ebay yet (even named brand stuff just don't trust it why not buy from the manufacturer, call me a nervous Nelly), but once I start growing indoor more I'll experiment with the cheaper off brand stuff just for the help of budget growers. Pop on it though dude, airflow and circulation is paramount to me when it comes to growing, maybe post a review?

Get a journal too my homie so that way we can a peep what your hiding. :morenutes:

BpoBrad,
Thank you for the kind words.:Namaste:
If your budget can stand it, go with the 6in.
This way if you decide to upgrade your tent or even if you decide to do a 2 tent run, a good 6in will work superbly!

Ah, our good friend Confucius.
BpoBrad, Confucius is a good dude.
Just a little shy and probably a little stubborn as well.:smokin:
I believe this is the 3rd time a 420 member has suggested he start his own journal, including myself and Herby of UK.
Maybe he will listen to you.
Green blessings....Stage left.:surf:

BpoBrad,
Thank you for the kind words.:Namaste:
If your budget can stand it, go with the 6in.
This way if you decide to upgrade your tent or even if you decide to do a 2 tent run, a good 6in will work superbly!

Ah, our good friend Confucius.
BpoBrad, Confucius is a good dude.
Just a little shy and probably a little stubborn as well.:smokin:
I believe this is the 3rd time a 420 member has suggested he start his own journal, including myself and Herby of UK.
Maybe he will listen to you.
Green blessings....Stage left.:surf:

I know, i broke down and did it, and added it to my Sig.

I prefer name brand, but my pocketbook is a little light after I built my room, and just trying to get the best I can afford until I can upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom