4/5 weeks flowering, yellow leaves?

jambo1874

Hi guys first post here ever after reading for years :) im almost 5week 12/12 and all my darlings are showing signs of yellowing.i know this can happen towards the end but never had it this early.thought it was nutlock after badheat we had last few weeks.so gave. them a flush last night and cleaned all drip trays etc incase salt build up.been growing a while but never like this in loft.(last min choice after problems in normal growroom).just looking for sum advise to help my babies pull through.got pix of when lights are on n off,althpugh looks worse under hps600ww

Re: 4/5weeks flowering ,yellow leaves??

DSC_012514.jpg
DSC_012514.jpg
DSC_013311.jpg
DSC_012120.jpg

Judging by the width of the leaves I would guess this to be an Indica dominant strain which would mean approximately 8 weeks of flowering, if you are near the end of the 5th week I would not consider this terribly uncommon(strain dependant), have you grown this strain previously?
It also looks like you did not defoliate, in which case the abundance of fan leaves would require more nitrogen to stay green as you already know, defoliating at this point may not make a difference other then having a few less yellow leaves to look at.

If this were my grow I would remove the yellowing leaves and add more nitrogen (2-3ml/gal more with a total no higher then 7 ml/gal) to my nutrient mixture on the next feeding day. If adding nitrogen puts me past my comfortable level of PPM I would reduce the Bloom(Potassium/Phosphorus)nutrients by an equal level. Then on the following feeding I would reduce my nitrogen levels without eliminating it completely(try to stay around 3-5ml/gal).

These are just my opinions based on experience growing in soil-less, not DWC, hydro, aeroponic, or soil grows.

If this advice does not solve your problem, or you do not think it will help, please include your growing medium, PH, PPM, and level of nutrients previously used to get more detailed help.

Good luck.

I am growing in coco mate and ph 5.8 through out.ppm unknown as stick broke. (dnt as) :) have been giving it the bio nova range all at under nutrients to be safe.my heat was through the rooffor two weeks during dark period and was helpless as tryd to reduce temps(another in fan from outdoors) so figured its nutlock as they not like my usual at this stage.they are 8/9weekers yea was told they sum widow/skunk cross but as said unsure as wasnt usual clone source.

Ps if I removed all yellowing leaves would just be small buds left lol was always told dnt touch uper foilage apart from bit lst/fimmed etc as they plants have.thanks for the reply buddy

Are you growing autos?
If autos then I would not defoliate at all.
If they are not autos then defoliating is a choice, some do heavy defoliation, others lite, and some bare minimum to no defoliation, I do a pretty heavy defoliation leaving about 25% of the leaves on but usually on day 25ish into flower.

Sorry about saying I would take all the yellowing leaves off, but in the pics it looks like about a 50/50 split between yellow and green leaves. If they are all yellowing I would not take them off either.

No mate just normal not autos.yea cool mate thatnks for reply,started again with bare min feed and they do look healthy enough apart from yellowing leaves if that makes sense.do you knowanything else I could do to help them pull through,the buds have all formed just and pistil and thc looking rwal good for age they at.just worried they gonna just stay same and not build up, as going into last four weeks on friday??

Your fan leaves will die as part of the normal grow ritual. They pump up the buds as much as they can and then in advanced stages of flower, They die. If you don't remove them, They will die anyway. Keep a close eye on your trichs because you are almost done with this grow.

I know they die towards end mate but they dont go this early in my past exp, have been growing for years so not a newbie :) defo had sum problems as know for a fact sumthing up!! Stiill got at least 4weks flower left so no need to check tricombs yet.ohhh and why not to take pix when lights on?? Cheers for reply anyhow bud :)

Jambo, have you checked your runoff yet? I know you said your PH meter is broken, so if you can buy a new one, or get a cheap Pool PH kit, that uses the drops. It will give you a good idea if the runoff is okay.

Have you checked the PPMs of run off, or is your TDS meter also broken?

Your PH might be waked out a bit after all the heat. I imagine the heat might have made your plants not eat food, but still drink water, and thus a salt build up in the coco.

Easy way to fix. Flush well with 1tsp per gallon of epsom salts and ph to 5.8. Flush until run off has same PPMs as what you put in. Then feed with a bit of plan PH water for a few days. Then feed. Then a few days later check the PPM run of and PH run off. If all is good, they should stay green. THe really yellow leaves might not green up again, though.

After LEDRF solution I may consider a foliar feeding 5-10 minutes before lights off. You may have to do a little research if you have never done a foliar feeding before, but it is fairly straight forward and most anything you buy will have directions on the bottle.

Good luck mate.

It my ppm truncheon busted bro,my ph pen fine .checked run off and was 6.8 which way to high flushed couple days ago and added more cool air from outside.they do look like enjoying it now apart ftom yellowing fanleaves,the buds do look nice n green with thc well forming.just at that stage I hope they swell as il have five huge plants with popcorn nugs which is pish!! Any advice about pk13/14 at this stage usually add it week 7-8. Then flush 7+days?

Foilar feeding done years ago using missing link will this do the job .cheers for reply guys again mucho appricated ;-)

Yeah, so it was a PH issue. You put in 5.8 and got run off of 6.8. This means the coco PH is higher than 6.8. Did you flush until your run off PH was what you put in? or close to it?

I can almost guarantee that the run off of PPMs would have been high if you could test it. However, if you flood until the PH you put in comes out, you can be sure the salt build up is gone. I would also add 1 tsp to a gallon of water and first water them all with that before flushing. It helps remove salt and helps the plants with stress.

Also feeding with liquid seaweed after a flush helps with the stress.

Back
Top Bottom