4 Auto Strains, LED, First Grow

Thanks, I will be getting more lights as soon as I can. It's a really small closet but more light would go a long way. For $26 a bulb on amazon I have been pretty impressed with these so far. Once this grow is finished i'm going to move to a small grow box for the winter. Next spring i'm going to try and move to a single decent size led panel, if for nothing else it will only have one cord got a mess of wires in their now.

You're right it's a continuous learning process which I like. Now that it's legal here in MA the state is worried home grows will cut into their taxes but one thing i've learned is it's easy to grow, it's not easy to grow quality. Takes a lot of learning and patience, so I don't think it will cut into their taxes to much lol

Cheers
Yup for the price I do think those tao's are quite nice, though mine the heat sinks do get damn hot. I wish I had your 4x4 space, lol, I only have 2x4, I dream at night of having that extra 2' in width ha ha. I almost went for the 4x4 tent, but just logistics of where it would fit and be near other things just wouldn't work well for me.

Yeah is frankly easier to just go to the shop and buy if you have such access, so I doubt they're gonna lose much revenue over it. Besides their getting sales tax on most the products you are buying to support the grow as anyway. You do it yourself, yeah sometimes you can manage to do it cheaper depending on the setup, location and cost but you also now what was, or was not done to the product, you know if it was washed or not, you know if it was flushed before harvest, you know how it was cured or not, and you know for how long etc - but you have to get that far first. ;-)

Buds are drying nicely and should be ready for jars on saturday. Got the other three plants in the pots hoping they bust through tomorrow or friday. Hopefully they all come up. Pineapple express is doing good so far has a couple sets of small leaves.

Finally the day I have been waiting for...canna-butter day. I had 1.6 oz of leaves, trim and stems. I decarbed for about an hour at 230 degrees then simmered with 5 sticks clarified butter and a couple of cups of water for about 5 hours. Made a batch of chocolate toffee snickerdoodles. So far the reviews have been great. I took all the leftover stuff, got all the water and butter out and tossed it in a jar with 151 bacardi. I'm going to let that sit for a month or so and see how it is. I thought it would be spent but I have seen a few videos claiming you can still get some potency out of it. If it works great, if not i'm only out about 5 bucks worth of rum.

Closing out this grow journal. I started a new one for my second grow. 2nd Grow Autos - Photo With LED

Thanks for everyones advice!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom