4 days flowering, bottom leaves wilting brown and yellow - need to fix fast.

hoopgang

Hello,

first grow here and I recently switched to a flowering schedule (no sex signs yet tho). could really use some help in trying to diagnose some problems that have started in the last few days. (plants are about 33 days old)

details:
strain: guerilla's gusto, a hardy outdoor strain
soil is potting soil, don't know ph, in 3.5 gallon pots. watering was once a week but as they've gotten a lot bigger (25-34 inches) I've upped it to every 3-4 days. I test by sticking my finger down 2-3 inches and feeling if it's bone dry or not.
nutrients in veg. were pure blend pro grow (3-2-4 organic added to water), I was giving that every watering and never even had time to work up to full strength as the plants started skyrocketing, but I did one watering with just water a few days ago right after I switched to 12-12, then today I decided to give my DNF bloom to hopefully solve any nute problems on the next watering 3 days later (it's a 2 part formula, 3-0-3 and 1-0.5-3)
I have a 6'' clip fan blowing across the bottom and a 9'' fan blowing at the lamp (wing reflector). plus a usb fan blowing across the bottom and a massive fan blowing air out the room.

The leaf problems started happening about the time that they canopy closed up so it may be all due to lack of light but I don't know, the nice smell of the tops has pretty much disappeared and now the tops don't smell at all. first the lower leaves start going below 90 degrees (pointing down a bit), then they turn yellow, then brown spots come and since they look diseased and rotting by that point I usually pull them. A bottom branch recently started dying so now I am in panic mode

My guess is that my watering with straight water may have drained some important nutes from the soil and now they are hurting. all the bottom most leaves on all plants (not fan leaves but the seedling leaves) are yellow but some of the bigger bottom leaves have turned yellow with brown splotches that just look totally dead. the temp has been too high the past few days (went up to 34-35 Celsius) but I had no way to fix that and it's gone back down recently.

pics below will hopefully help anyone with the diagnosis. from the charts i've seen it appears to be phosphorus deficiency but other problems are possible. should I go out and get a bloom fortifier? I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP AT ALL.

typical dying leaf
DSC011852.JPG
fan leaf starting to look bad (this one is not getting much light)
DSC011863.JPG
large fan leaf has died :(
DSC011873.JPG
tops of plants look okay
DSC011887.JPG

hi mate
1.you need to know the ph of the solution and water you are using.. get a pen or a testing kit and check your bucket/tub/bin/watering can
if you don't know, you cant tell what your plant is uplifting.
imagine that the ph is a gate that only lets the nutrients in if its open.. and open is 6.5.
2. they look like they need nourishment, but don't feed them more than they need.. just open that bloody gate so they can eat!

Back
Top Bottom