4 Plants - 3 Strains - Promix HP - 600W MH/HPS

wish i could have the same problem,theres ones that use water to cool the room but if ur in a humid climate like me it wont do any good,but there are some that have dual intake/outake,not bad as long as u have a room to vent it in,i have not found a air conitioner that doesnt need some venting accept those water cooled units,u would have to empty or fill it not sure but thats all i no.:thumb::lot-o-toke::peacetwo::goodluck::green_heart::rollit:

Spiders ain't all that bad in the grow room. House spiders that is, they do a good job of getting rid of flies and pests. So long as they stay away from the buds :). For ac / humidifier you are looking at some serious £££ to get a unit that will raise relative humidity by 10% and even then they take up a lot of space. Have you thought about any other options?

Idk what else would work. I can't spray the walls 20 times a day, can't leave any standing water in there or I'll risk more pests coming in and the little unit I have been using isn't ideal but its all I got for now. I was thinking of setting up misters somehow but then the bulb might get wet and pop. I'm just out of ideas

Idk what else would work. I can't spray the walls 20 times a day, can't leave any standing water in there or I'll risk more pests coming in and the little unit I have been using isn't ideal but its all I got for now. I was thinking of setting up misters somehow but then the bulb might get wet and pop. I'm just out of ideas

Misting would be great, and could be very successful if you can keep the bulb dry. Pouring water onto the floor can help. If its really needed then go for an ac you can duct so as not to take up grow space :)

When necessary I use a Honeywell cool mist humidifier to raise the humidity in my grow area. The Honeywell cool mist humidifier has a large reservoir reducing daily labor of refilling the water reservoir.

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_11-19-2013_-_011.JPG

Kjc, has all the cool gear. I got a dehumidifier as out humidity is around 70-90% outside it runs full time inside. I empty 5g once a day. pacific north west ha I do need a humidifier though for summer and harvest room.

I&I

I don't want spiders making a web or anything around the plants, just more to worry about. As for humidifiers, maybe I'll try to fit a bigger one in there, might have space for that Honeywell one or something similar. Does that one require filters to use? I remember having one way back that just pumped water vapor right into the air, is that a warm mist one?

Hey Stealthboat. I'm in the same situation as you. During the winter the RH in the basement will be 15%. I have a humidifier I got at Costco which has a 2 gallon tank and keeps the humidity in the tent around 30 - 45 %. A lot better then 15. I have to fill it up daily and have it running on high but not a big deal to me. It sits next to the air intake vent by the tent and gets sucked into the tent with the inline fan running. So the mist has to go thru the plants before it is blown out. The tent sits in a small 5' x 10' room that is closed so that probably helps too. This past summer the humidity in the basement stayed at 40 to 60% with out any humidifier.

This picture kind of shows it. The tent is open in this one but when its zipped up the humidifier sits outside of the tent and I point the mist to the round vent on the left there. My inline fan pulls air thru a carbon filter up top which sucks the mist in that round vent which I have fans blowing the mist around.
IMG_25948.jpg

I'll get you a better pic tomorrow. Stuck at work right now :)

I think the MKages are almost done, the buds have really swelled in the past few days, still at 5-10% amber trics but I see a lot more cloudy ones now than clear. Blue Kush smoke report is coming this week sometime :)

I may or may not be harvesting the MKage tomorrow, doing a tric check in the morning. I also weighed the Blue Kush and I got 17.7 grams from it. I could have trimmed it a bit better so I'd say I got a solid 17 grams from it. I'll be testing it tomorrow sometime :)

Back
Top Bottom