4 Plants - 3 Strains - Promix HP - 600W MH/HPS

Heya Steathboat - wow, 16-24% RH now that definitely sounds like Dryorado! I grew up there and remember it well. Great pictures and updates sir. Your plants and buds are looking fantastik! Well done! I appreciate your and BubblegumJoey's discussion re: RO water. Although I have really good tap water, my previous grows in which I used only RO water were the most problem free, productive, and cleanest bud. Very good discussion and water for thought :) Best to you Stealth - great grow and journal! Thanks for sharing your efforts and looking forward to watching along. Best sir!

:Namaste:

I 100% agree with you Color, my tap water isn't terrible but I saw a drastic improvement when I switched to Reverse Osmosis. Not to mention I practically stopped doing any PH adjustment, or flushing. I do have a question that maybe you could help answer. My girl is 47 days flowering, receiving only 1 Gallon Ro water every 3-4 days now. Recently she has shown some brown on tips of most leaves. Any idea why this started? Additional info is avalible in my grow journal located in my Sig.

Hi BGJ, that is good to know re: your experiences w/ RO water since I had heard different opinions from others here and elsewhere whether or not it mattered or made a difference but I had the same experiences you described so that's nice to have some affirmation. Looking forward to checking out your journal and thank you for the invite. Cheers BGJ and best to you Stealthboat!

:Namaste: :high-five:

I suppose it isn't necessary if you already have tap water with a low ppm. But regardless what people say chloramine can't be evaporated out like older chlorine not even boiled out. With my method of growing I'm trying my best to protect my soil, I don't need such a volatile substance like that in any amount. I suppose the fact I don't have ph issues is only a plus. I grew with my tap water and got lock out, so I believe in the power of RO.

This topic made me check my ppm of water from well. Came in several times at 47 on the dot. I've only grown personal w this well water so I may try RO this next time to see if that extra 47 makes a diff. My flowers always taste great, and with this 11/13 light cycle I'm trying the smell of my grape ape has doubled. Haven't really paid attention to the others. Grape ape is just fruity and strong. What do u guys have ur ppm for mid flower? I've seen some growers go from 1500-2300, I tested mine and I'm around 1160 but using a new line of boosters and slowly finding the right combo I want.

I&I

This topic made me check my ppm of water from well. Came in several times at 47 on the dot. I've only grown personal w this well water so I may try RO this next time to see if that extra 47 makes a diff. My flowers always taste great, and with this 11/13 light cycle I'm trying the smell of my grape ape has doubled. Haven't really paid attention to the others. Grape ape is just fruity and strong. What do u guys have ur ppm for mid flower? I've seen some growers go from 1500-2300, I tested mine and I'm around 1160 but using a new line of boosters and slowly finding the right combo I want.

I&I

Good Monday morning to you Stealthboat!

Heya Gf, I think that good low ppm and low addititive water is just fine whether it's tap, well, or surface water (i.e. lake or stream); and I really think a lot of it depends on the medium, style of grow (esp. hydro vs soil), and watering frequency. I've always only grown from soil and the flushing/cleansing requirements with my grow style requires frequent flushing. I have 7.5-7.7 pH and 130ppm tap water for which the municipal water source is off of a glacier about 25 miles out of town. It was a nice buffer to my fert additives as I was able to go up to 500-600 ppm before the pH dropped below 6.5. However, my auto strain takes its sweet time (+/- 130 days from seed germination to harvest) and that 130 ppm really adds up over time I think. I haven't incorporated pH buffers yet and plan to my next grow. I'm not sure if that changes the ppm but being able to replace the 130 ppm with ferts would be a big boost I think.

Great topic and discussion gentlemen. Great journal Stealthboat! Cheers

:Namaste: :thumb:

Thanks for all the good vibes dayze :) Good discussion on ppm, makes me wonder where mine is at these days. I had my water tested before I started my grow and the ppm was roughly 400, maybe 370. I'll probably do some reading on ppm for the next grow, gotta fine tune everything. Idk if the ppm has been a problem for me, I've never had to flush the MKage's this entire time but maybe it affected the other plants. I need a meter for next time to really tell what is going on.

Hiya Stealthboat! I purchased a mutli-function meter last year for my garden and for me it was the best purchase investment I ever made. I think mine was about $200US and has one hand held probe that simultaneously measures temp (in C and F), pH, EC, and TDS. It is super convenient and easy to use requiring only one hand to hold the probe and measuring container. It measures both water and soil pastes very accurately and consistently and haven't needed to recalibrate since the initial purchase. It was really eye-opening and honestly shocking to see the variations and inconsistencies that I had no idea I was creating over the past years and grows i.e. I had previously mixed nutes to color intensity in the solution but the same similar color can vary 100s of ppms. I can upload a picture of mine if you'd like - although I'm still not sure about the rules of posting non 'sponsor/supplier' things here since I purchased it off site long before becoming a member. Best to you Stealth and hope you have a great day!

:high-five:

Good Monday morning to you Stealthboat!

Heya Gf, I think that good low ppm and low addititive water is just fine whether it's tap, well, or surface water (i.e. lake or stream); and I really think a lot of it depends on the medium, style of grow (esp. hydro vs soil), and watering frequency. I've always only grown from soil and the flushing/cleansing requirements with my grow style requires frequent flushing. I have 7.5-7.7 pH and 130ppm tap water for which the municipal water source is off of a glacier about 25 miles out of town. It was a nice buffer to my fert additives as I was able to go up to 500-600 ppm before the pH dropped below 6.5. However, my auto strain takes its sweet time (+/- 130 days from seed germination to harvest) and that 130 ppm really adds up over time I think. I haven't incorporated pH buffers yet and plan to my next grow. I'm not sure if that changes the ppm but being able to replace the 130 ppm with ferts would be a big boost I think.

Great topic and discussion gentlemen. Great journal Stealthboat! Cheers

:Namaste: :thumb:

My ppm after mixing nutes was 1035 after adding mad farmers pH up @ 15 ml to 5g it raised my ppm to 1140.

I&I

i use general hydos up and down. no diff in ppms. but, not that important, to me. i dont go exact. lol. i dont think we need to fert as much as we do. but thats me. the constant push for "YEILD", is one best left alone. My ppm, ranges. usually, its between 900-1100. ive had it as high as 1600. ouch! a bit of a douche, was in order! I used to use either vinegar, or baking soda, for my buffers, and had not a problem with them. my water here, just tested out, at 113 pm. and all of that, is ca. lucky me.

My ppm after mixing nutes was 1035 after adding mad farmers pH up @ 15 ml to 5g it raised my ppm to 1140.

I&I

Hey GF I'm in complete agreement with the others, if your testing that low in ppm there is no need for an RO filter, after running mine through one it still reads around 76-80ppm, without spending the money you're ahead of me. If you have no minerals at all in your water that is soft water, soft water is Bad for your plants from my understanding. If I had my way I would use plain rain water or stream water all day long, I just don't have that option here.

I use a liquid pH tester so 5.0 is as low as it shows. But it took 15 ml to get her up to 6.0 and with last nutes I used it would only take 3-6 ml per 5 gallons to get her up to 6.0

My water straight from sink is 6.5

I&I

Hey GF I'm in complete agreement with the others, if your testing that low in ppm there is no need for an RO filter, after running mine through one it still reads around 76-80ppm, without spending the money you're ahead of me. If you have no minerals at all in your water that is soft water, soft water is Bad for your plants from my understanding. If I had my way I would use plain rain water or stream water all day long, I just don't have that option here.

I have a carbon filter system in my fridge I could test if that had any difference. I wouldn't spend a couple hundred for a RO system where I live now, but the new grow area I'm looking at I'd be able to run a test w same strains. Just for fun, I like trials and error.

I'm on a well so it could be soft water I have no clue. PH is 6.5 and ppm is 47 that I do know, and the city friends of mine say I have amazing water ha. But i add

Fasilitor
micro
grow
bloom
calmag
startboost
bloomboost
peakboost
massboost
finale boost
And ecozen.

All very concentrated and made by the dutch. My plants have never shown me a sign of being sad. But interested in what the diff is of a higher ph w more chemicals in it from the city compared to well water. Soon I shouled be able to see.

I&I

Re: 4 plants/3 strains, Promix HP, 600W MH/HPS

Nice setup dude. I'm excited to see how this turns out. I also use HPS. Not many people on here use HPS anymore. Glad to see somebody is :)

How do you mean "Not many people on here use HPS anymore" ??

The majorety ofgrowers use HPS. It is many using LED, but HPS and MH is still the moste powerful you can use. Ther are som very future high tecknic, but due to the price and power you can get more lumen /W with anyhing els but the HID 600 W

On 420magazine.com the majority of journals I've seen as well are LED grows. But like u said, all my friends grow w hps, just last night the fred that gave me nycd and grape ape stopped by w some of his. He looked at my tent and said, "this is what your getting w led? Crazy.." as he still didn't want to admit that they work and work well haha. Good stuff, asked why I bought it, said if it lasts a year it paid for itself just in bulbs alone, no ballast or hood. Wheels were turning.

I&I

Nice discussion on lights. I'll be getting LED's when I eventually have money for them, could be awhile. For now I'll explore HID's more :) As for an update, I gave the Blue Kush its final flush with a tad of molasses, harvest is planned for 7-8 days from now. MKage's are maturing nicely also, maybe 50% red pistils now. I'll get some pictures up this weekend for sure. Looks like I'll be getting a successful harvest on my first try! *fingers crossed* :)

I have a carbon filter system in my fridge I could test if that had any difference. I wouldn't spend a couple hundred for a RO system where I live now, but the new grow area I'm looking at I'd be able to run a test w same strains. Just for fun, I like trials and error.

I'm on a well so it could be soft water I have no clue. PH is 6.5 and ppm is 47 that I do know, and the city friends of mine say I have amazing water ha. But i add

Fasilitor
micro
grow
bloom
calmag
startboost
bloomboost
peakboost
massboost
finale boost
And ecozen.

All very concentrated and made by the dutch. My plants have never shown me a sign of being sad. But interested in what the diff is of a higher ph w more chemicals in it from the city compared to well water. Soon I shouled be able to see.

I&I

With a ppm of 47 I wouldn't do anything to my water, except add nutrients. I would love to not have to use a filter of any kind, and since you are on well water you don't have to worry about nasty chemicals like chloramine unless you add it yourself:). My ultimate water dream is a rain catchment system:)

I used Leds for space concerns, and I've loved them. Practically no heat concerns, tight growth and in my opinion decent bud growth. Does anyone have any experience with the new 5w chipsets?

@stealth

Did you say first try? Like first grow? Hats off to you sir your grow looks fantastic. You must have really done your research. And yes more pictures PLEASE;)

I used Leds for space concerns, and I've loved them. Practically no heat concerns, tight growth and in my opinion decent bud growth. Does anyone have any experience with the new 5w chipsets?

@Stealth

Did you say first try? Like first grow? Hats off to you sir your grow looks fantastic. You must have really done your research. And yes more pictures PLEASE;)
Yup first time ever growing any plant, ever. lol. But yes I certainly did my 200+ hours of research so that's why I'm getting these results. My biggest mess up so far was being ignorant to how important ph is, I initially thought it meant nothing lol. So I'm just honing my craft now, plan on growing as long as I can and learning as much as I can

Back
Top Bottom