4 plants max?

Kip22

With 4 I can grow way more than enough for myself but it does piss me off a bit. Things like crossing/cloning/producing seed etc are really fucked when you have to commit a whole quarter of what coulda been crop to that. I've just not bothered cuz I don't need hassle.....

Just curious what the situation is with the 4 plant max rules and how the enforcement has been? Anyone know of someone pinched for a couple over or more? What did they do? I'm not talking 20+ here just a little over.

I think they designed it that way to try and keep control. With four plants you can produce four lbs or more per year out of a pair of 2' X 4' tents. You can produce S1s and crosses, but culling those crosses in a phenotype hunt will be difficult.

I haven't heard of anyone getting dinged for a few plants over the line. I'm in a bit better situation, as I can legally grow 10 for medical and four for recreational use. I have hit the limit a time or two with clones.

1 guy near me got dinged for having 15 plants going, cops took all but 4 plants and charged him with "intent to traffic". So the moral is?
If you know the legal limit, play within it. Or dont, I dont care what ya do lol myself can only grow a few at a time. No space and a tiny tent.

1 guy near me got dinged for having 15 plants going, cops took all but 4 plants and charged him with "intent to traffic". So the moral is?
If you know the legal limit, play within it. Or dont, I dont care what ya do lol myself can only grow a few at a time. No space and a tiny tent.
lol your friend is dumb

It's good that some places are legalizing cannabis, which is a step in the right direction, but when you need to ask permission to grow a plant medicine, pay a grow fee, be told how many plants you can grow for personal use, and possibly leave yourself open to random law enforcement visits to make sure you're not breaking the law by growing one too many plants, it seems a little bullshit. Like cannabis being illegal yet legalized for the pharmaceutical industry and corporations to sell and profit from. Just more control with government and corporations wanting to get their hands into your cookie jar, which should sting even more after so long of penalizing and locking people up and destroying lives and families for smoking a joint or growing a plant. While things are changing, hopefully for the better, we the people should have the freedom to grow our own food and medicine without government interference. Could you imagine a world with the kind of freedom where we could grow our own food and medicine and heal our own minds and bodies without fear of being raided and fined or imprisoned by the State?

George Carlin said it best:

"Just when these American citizens needed their rights the most...their government took them away. and rights aren't rights if someone can take em away. They're privileges. That's all we've ever had in this country is a bill of TEMPORARY privileges; and if you read the news, even badly, you know the list get's shorter, and shorter, and shorter.

Yup, sooner or later the people in this country are going to realize the government doesn't give a fuck about them. the government doesn't care about you, or your children, or your rights, or your welfare or your safety. it simply doesn't give a fuck about you. It's interested in it's own power. That's the only thing...keeping it, and expanding wherever possible."

"Just when these American citizens needed their rights the most...their government took them away. and rights aren't rights if someone can take em away. They're privileges. That's all we've ever had in this country is a bill of TEMPORARY privileges; and if you read the news, even badly, you know the list get's shorter, and shorter, and shorter.

Yup, sooner or later the people in this country are going to realize the government doesn't give a fuck about them. the government doesn't care about you, or your children, or your rights, or your welfare or your safety. it simply doesn't give a fuck about you. It's interested in it's own power. That's the only thing...keeping it, and expanding wherever possible."
[/QUOTE]
Damn sad but oh so true. At least with the four plant limit no one has to know, and if done right can provide for most households.

It's good that some places are legalizing cannabis, which is a step in the right direction, but when you need to ask permission to grow a plant medicine, pay a grow fee, be told how many plants you can grow for personal use, and possibly leave yourself open to random law enforcement visits to make sure you're not breaking the law by growing one too many plants, it seems a little bullshit. Like cannabis being illegal yet legalized for the pharmaceutical industry and corporations to sell and profit from. Just more control with government and corporations wanting to get their hands into your cookie jar, which should sting even more after so long of penalizing and locking people up and destroying lives and families for smoking a joint or growing a plant. While things are changing, hopefully for the better, we the people should have the freedom to grow our own food and medicine without government interference. Could you imagine a world with the kind of freedom where we could grow our own food and medicine and heal our own minds and bodies without fear of being raided and fined or imprisoned by the State?

Couldn't agree more with you!

Few people in Cambridge Ontario been charged. They were checking people's backyards so I guess a neighbor complained and they had a few extra plants going. Not sure an indoor grower would ever get caught. To much paperwork and a judge wouldn't give warrant to search unless there was evidence.

I started with 4 plants but one didn't do to much. With the 3 I grew outside this summer, I could spend the next year or so doing any "experimenting" I want as I don't need to grow buds for a long time.

Thanks for the replies all. Yes I'm only indoors in a 4X4X8 tent. 4 in flower is generally full except for my veg space which I'd really like to use to start a proper breeding program. I guess 'll see down the road. Gonna stick to 4 for now.

Thanks for the replies all. Yes I'm only indoors in a 4X4X8 tent. 4 in flower is generally full except for my veg space which I'd really like to use to start a proper breeding program. I guess 'll see down the road. Gonna stick to 4 for now.
if you learn the law
you can have as many as you want

but its a lot of work and LOTS of reading

I think as long as you aren't out on the streets "bragging" about your grow operation, nobody will even question it. I would feel comfortable growing 4 indoor and having a 2nd tent for seedlings or germination and such

Laws are laws... I believe the only question one has to ask his or her self is "do you feel lucky?". lol
Being a grower (especially a rather new grower) one tends to be proud of what they have accomplished. Therefor sometimes we need to learn to bite our tongues. I personally find myself chewing my tongue right off when I hear someone spreading false info about cannabis or else I would jump right into the conversation revealing my life of secrecy lol.
If your prone to be a bit of a blabber mouth or just plain sloppy you could potentially put yourself at risk, yes.
You could be the best cannabis grower this side of Mexico but if you can't keep your mouth shut, or you can't contain your excitement about how much you grew last harvest then you better just stick to 4 plants.

if you learn the law
you can have as many as you want

but its a lot of work and LOTS of reading

To an extent this is true. You can 'grow big,' but it takes licences from Health Canada, and lots of cash if you want to go commercial. You can quite easily get a very low cost medical licence to grow your own from Health Canada. It's only about $20 a year for the test required to get a prescription from my doctor, and the stamp to mail in my application. For each gram per day of your prescription, you can grow up to five plants indoors. Prescriptions over five grams per day are rare, but they do exist. I have heard someone in BC has one for 60 grams per day. Mine is two grams per day, allowing me to grow ten plants indoors. A medical grow license also frees you from buying 'starting materials' from one of our Licenced Producers, and the resulting restriction on the strains you can legally grow.

The medical licences help, but they don't allow for large scale growing out seeds in a phenotype hunt. A single plant can produce thousands of seeds, so it would take years at a 25 plant limit to find 'the plant.' It does make it easier to keep mothers and clone plants. This is why my current approach is buying established strains, and producing clones and then S1 seed from the best phenotype I get.

Wanna hear something crazy about Michigan law?

Recreational you are allowed 12 plants and you are allowed to own an unlimited amount of product as long as you harvested that product on your own premises.. Makes sense right?

Medical you are allowed 12 plants plus another 12 plants for every one of your patients you are a caregiver for (up to 5 patients I think for 72 plants)

But! For medical you are only allowed to have 2.5 OZ per patient!! <lol

So basically ALL medical growers are illegal still because 2.5OZ is a JOKE!!
Even 2.5 X 6 (for your personal + 5 patients) Isn't even a pound..
That's not even 1 decent outdoor plant and you are over the limit, and you can have 72 plants..

But recreational... Ha ha.. Unlimited amount from 12 plants per residence..

As I understand it..

I showed these laws to some medical growers I know but they are in denial.. They know they are over but don't believe it is unlimited for recreational as I say even though I sited the law for them..

333.27955 Lawful activities by person 21 years of age or older; terms, conditions, limitations, and restrictions; denial of custody or visitation prohibited.
Sec. 5.
1. Notwithstanding any other law or provision of this act, and except as otherwise provided in section 4 of this act, the following acts by a person 21 years of age or older are not unlawful, are not an offense, are not grounds for seizing or forfeiting property, are not grounds for arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, are not grounds for search or inspection, and are not grounds to deny any other right or privilege:
(a) except as permitted by subdivision (b), possessing, using or consuming, internally possessing, purchasing, transporting, or processing 2.5 ounces or less of marihuana, except that not more than 15 grams of marihuana may be in the form of marihuana concentrate;
(b) within the person's residence, possessing, storing, and processing not more than 10 ounces of marihuana and any marihuana produced by marihuana plants cultivated on the premises and cultivating not more than 12 marihuana plants for personal use, provided that no more than 12 marihuana plants are possessed, cultivated, or processed on the premises at once;
(c) assisting another person who is 21 years of age or older in any of the acts described in this section; and
(d) giving away or otherwise transferring without remuneration up to 2.5 ounces of marihuana, except that not more than 15 grams of marihuana may be in the form of marihuana concentrate, to a person 21 years of age or older, as long as the transfer is not advertised or promoted to the public.
2. Notwithstanding any other law or provision of this act, except as otherwise provided in section 4 of this act, the use, manufacture, possession, and purchase of marihuana accessories by a person 21 years of age or older and the distribution or sale of marihuana accessories to a person 21 years of age or older is authorized, is not unlawful, is not an offense, is not grounds for seizing or forfeiting property, is not grounds for arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, and is not grounds to deny any other right or privilege.
3. A person shall not be denied custody of or visitation with a minor for conduct that is permitted by this act, unless the person's behavior is such that it creates an unreasonable danger to the minor that can be clearly articulated and substantiated.

So to me that reads that I can have 10 OZ of legally acquired product PLUS whatever I harvested on the premesis..

Still... Fuck the government.. I hate the government telling me what I can and can't do regardless..

Atleast I'm not under the shit Canadian government where you don't even have freedom of speech..
USA freedom is the best but still far far far from true freedom..

it takes licences from Health Canada, and lots of cash if you want to go commercial.

thats the crux of it

all commerce is illegal, which is why you need a business licence.
Now commerce probably doesnt mean what you think it means, but in this context it means the transit for purpose of sale across borders or at market.

thats why they try to charge you with intent to traffic, which is a form of commerce under the law.
if you arent growing for commercial reasons the government cant legislate what you do on your land or how you enjoy it.
THIS IS LAND YOU HOLD IN FULL DOMINION(fee simple) NOT A LEASE OR ENTAIL.

this is where sale at the fence comes into, because you can sell whatever you want to someone as long as its not a resale, and you are selling it to the final consumer, but only from your land.

its way more complicated than that and once you start getting into intention you are approaching the mysteries so its best just to obey the statutes, but if you wanted to be a cunt about it, you very easily could.

but there would also need to be a complaint, so if its inside, you would need to have a real smell issue i think

Back
Top Bottom