4 Recirculating DWC Hydro - LST Veg - LED - HPS - T5

Green-collar

Hey guys, This is my first hydro grow, and I will be finishing off a current soil grow. my goal is to yeild 3-4oz per plant, with a veg time of 3 weeks each, I am going to get into a perpetual groove where I will be cropping every 3 weeks and putting 2 new clones in the veg area every 3 weeks. so I will have 3 stages of flower going 2 under a 240w LED, 2 under a 250w HPS and 2 under a 400w hps all in 5 gallon buckets in a recirculating dwc fashion attached to a 10 gal resivour, much like the veg set up.

Right now the 2 clones (Pineapple haze and Durban Poison) in veg are 5 days old and girls (Pineapple haze and Durban poisin) in flower are 5 days of 12/12. The girls in flower I was messing around with during veg and trimmed the hell out of one and not the other supposedly going to cause larger buds, and topped both a little.

In the next few weeks im getting a blackstar 240w 3w each LED, for flower for the first 3 weeks out of veg, then Im getting a 250w hps for the girl 4-6 weeks, and the I will eventually use the 400w for the last 6-9weeks of flower.
GOODIES include:
Hydrologic 100 RO machine
CPW 24hr nute monitor

What strain is it? Durban Poison and Pineapple haze
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Both
Soil or Hydro?
Size of light? Sun blazed 8 bulb VEG-T5 Yeild -master400w HPS
Is it aircooled? 2 fans,
Temp of Room/cab?75-90
PH of media or res? 5.3-6.1
Any Pests ? clones came with spider mites, currently using azamax to get rid of them, had to deal with the same thing with the las batch.
How often are you watering? top feed watering around the rockwool in the morning
Type and strength of ferts used?
-X nutrients veg
-X nutrients Bloom
-X nutrients micro
-Liquid bat guano
- Cal Mag +

Bucket Size - 5 gallon
Resivour size- 10 gallon
Medium H20 that has gone threw RO
Lights - T5 flouro, HPS, LED
Nutrients -X nutirents, Bat guano, CalMag
Strain(s) - Pineapple haze Durban Poisin
# of Plants: 2 veg, 6 flower eventually
Yield : 3-8 Ounces per crop
Hit me with questions and suggestions!

IMAG08782.jpg
IMAG08852.jpg

IMAG08831.jpg
IMAG08842.jpg
IMAG08774.jpg
IMAG08792.jpg

Re: 4 Recirculating DWC hydro,LST veg, LED/HPS/T5,

SHITTT, I didnt mean to post this yet (fat pinky hit the enter)...and if a mod reads this please change the title too "experimental multi recirculating DWC hydro, LST vegging, HPS/LED/T5 " Thanks..if not, this will do I guess.

Clones were rouch when I got them, still nursing them, they both had spider mites and ugly leaf coloring,
IMAG08962.jpg

IMAG08942.jpg

Resivour set up: 16- GPH pump going straight into the inlet, making a slight under current system. And you can see the probes for ph, ppm, and temp.

IMAG08932.jpg

Better shot of the hydro set up, going to have more of these soon once these clones are done.

IMAG08911.jpg

Canopy Shot of the flower girls

IMAG08921.jpg

quite a difference in under shrubery.
IMAG08902.jpg
IMAG08891.jpg

Yo!! Looks good but I do have a suggestion. I grow hydro and I noticed that the hydroton is not covered. If you cover it with panda this will do two things. Reflect light back up to the plant AND help reduce heat (temp) to the hydroton. I did it to mine and the hydroton temp dropped by 10 degrees. You can also cover the buckets and the lids with reflective tape which is cheap at home de*ot. Will reflect light back and not let light through. Will help with temps and so you don't end up with algae

Yo!! Looks good but I do have a suggestion. I grow hydro and I noticed that the hydroton is not covered. If you cover it with panda this will do two things. Reflect light back up to the plant AND help reduce heat (temp) to the hydroton. I did it to mine and the hydroton temp dropped by 10 degrees. You can also cover the buckets and the lids with reflective tape which is cheap at home de*ot. Will reflect light back and not let light through. Will help with temps and so you don't end up with algae

Great! I have a project tonight! Ive seen variations of this before but never really knew what the point was, Makes sence...Thanks Alaskan!

update:

Clones are finally coming around after lots of love and multiple treatments of azamax
IMAG09093.jpg

Yesterday I picked up the 50 gal reservoir. that is going to just contain clean water that has already gone threw the RO machine, and I put a bulk head fitting and a ball valve with a hose at the bottom for easy filling of all the future smaller reservoirs
IMAG09104.jpg

Lastly I finally got my LED light, Its a black star 240 with 3w LED bulbs. Im not going to start using it until the girls in the veg are ready for flower. (picked it up for 250$ from a buddy, which im happy with the price.)
IMAG09072.jpg

IMAG09082.jpg

Been working on the room, setting up the new system for where the girls in veg are going to go this week under the LED for another 3 weeks.

IMAG09332.jpg

IMAG09322.jpg

Topped and FIMed the girls in veg a little
IMAG09272.jpg

IMAG09261.jpg

Got some brass adapters to fit into an airbrush pump that I had that is going to move some serisous air!

IMAG09311.jpg

Picked up some panda film to better separate light between girls in veg and flower.

IMAG09281.jpg

Been slacking major on the posts, but Im sure atleast one person will see them eventually and profit in some way...Enjoy.

girls in flower, about 5-6 weeks.

IMAG0057-1.jpg

IMAG0056-1.jpg

blueberry berry kush clones right before being put into flower.

IMAG0055-1.jpg

ROOTS!

IMAG0058-1.jpg

Just put the Blueberrys under the LED

IMAG0064-1.jpg
IMAG0062-1.jpg

Hey amte, how are ya?? Nice work there pal!:thumb:
Im having a bit of a ' do i, or dont i ' situation atm.. My current grow is my first go at a small LST, now she is just over a month old and has a near flat canopy. As she is growing in a deep ' V ' shape, the growth in the middle is quite dense.. Ive trimmed a couple of fan leaves off so far, the same method as i always use, and they heal quickly with minimal stress. Some leaves are pushing against each other as some heads try get thru the top canopy- and as they rest on each other they sweat, and leave moisture and salts or whatever is secreted onto other leaves.. ive been told to let it go dont trim any leaves, but i kind of need to, as i cant tuck or tie these ones- ive seen a fair few ppl trim lightly for their LST, and say they needed to also?? If the shoots are out enough and i cut near to the leaf, my plant still grows fine, no shock, so do you agree or not that if leaves are squashed against each other and causing sweating and minimal light to any up-coming shoots?? I only asking cos i see you are LST ing also, im not going full on i just want to establish a better platform to fill my space.. If you can be bothered checking my current journal, see what you think.. ANY IDEAS OPINIONS APPRECIATED..Cheers bro. SMOKEM..
2012-07-26_10_02_24.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom