4 Strains: 630W LEC CMH

I took 10 blue dream & 10 Mega Jack clones. 2 days old !!
IMG_246833.JPG

And in my 400w hps tent I have 4 plants vegging, They went from 1 gal bags to 5 gal bags yesterday. So I'll give them a few days before flipping. Sorry about the hps light, but I was to tired to turn it off, then wait 15 mins. for it to cool, before restart. Everything is healthy, just need them Bubb's gifts to grow some , so i can get a few clones. 2 on the left are Bubba's gift. Back right is blue dream and front right is og kush. I only wish I could afford a better light.
IMG_247036.JPG
IMG_246931.JPG

Day 4 on the clones, so I removed the dome this morning. None wilted, so I left it off. everything is running to smooth !
The blue dream , bubba's gift, and og kush is about 3 weeks into the curing process, and it's getting better everyday !! The critical +, and og kush from my experimental 2 liter bottle grow is 12 days into the curing. the cheesy critical +, may be the most potent strain I have ? This cheesy critical+ is the result of a hermie cheese plant so in lack of a better name, we're calling it cheesy critical & cheesy og kush. The result of that accidental cross increased potency of both. And I probably got 100 female seeds !! The hermie cheese plant had a taste that I can't describe, but I can taste the same taste in the cheesy critical +. Amazing !! Didn't get pics. today.

Defintley not long pal, it will flyby. Got my fingers crossed for you to get a big harvest! How's that 630w cmh working out? In the flowering tent I've got 2x 600w hortilux lamp fixtures with gavita bulbs and in the middle of them I have a d papillon 315w cmh with the Philips daylight bulb. I don't know to much about the cob led lights. I know PW and BFs lights looks pretty interesting and very bright.

Defintley not long pal, it will flyby. Got my fingers crossed for you to get a big harvest! How's that 630w cmh working out? In the flowering tent I've got 2x 600w hortilux lamp fixtures with gavita bulbs and in the middle of them I have a d papillon 315w cmh with the Philips daylight bulb. I don't know to much about the cob led lights. I know PW and BFs lights looks pretty interesting and very bright.
And use less energy !! But yes, I'm loving the 630w lec. I thought it produced too much heat, when I 1st. got it, but I find it's about perfect. Like we're having a heat wave in New England now, and The highest temp in that tent has been 85. And it covers that 4x4 like a champ !! I don't have any par meters or anyway to monitor it, but it grows some huge colas. The 630w I now have is a Nanalux, and I'm wondering if some of the cheap knock outs work just as well. the Sun system 315w/with Phillips elite bulb, is on sale for $290.00, but the bulb is a 4200, and I need 3100. Looks like they'd be happy to sell either, as they cost same. Ebay and Amazon have cheaper bulbs, but I don't know if the quality is there ?? The d papillon 315w cmh, is $500 !!

And use less energy !! But yes, I'm loving the 630w lec. I thought it produced too much heat, when I 1st. got it, but I find it's about perfect. Like we're having a heat wave in New England now, and The highest temp in that tent has been 85. And it covers that 4x4 like a champ !! I don't have any par meters or anyway to monitor it, but it grows some huge colas. The 630w I now have is a Nanalux, and I'm wondering if some of the cheap knock outs work just as well. the Sun system 315w/with Phillips elite bulb, is on sale for $290.00, but the bulb is a 4200, and I need 3100. Looks like they'd be happy to sell either, as they cost same. Ebay and Amazon have cheaper bulbs, but I don't know if the quality is there ?? The d papillon 315w cmh, is $500 !!

Yeah It does seem like some energy can be saved with those lights drawing less electric from the wall, do you think they actually perform as well as they say though? I've seen some lights say they draw like 400w but reckon is equivalent to a 1000w? Lovely, I'm glad your liking the light pal. I think the cmh are great. Yeah that light will eat that 4x4 and give good results. Glad it wasn't to hot in the end. I don't have any par meters either. The Philips bulbs are so good. I also saw some on Ebay cheaper as I need a replacement for mine soon I think. There expensive bulbs and on ebay was like £30/£40 cheaper but I also questioned the quality and if they're genuine lol. Yeah the d papillon wasn't cheap, but it's a fantastic light and the fixture spreads the light so well. They have a newer addition I want to purchase when I get some spare cash, it's called the double d papillon and it's a 630w. It uses two daylight bulbs which are full spectrum and it's dimmable from 50/120 percent. The lower and medium parts of the dimming emit more blue light from the bulbs so it's perfect for veg. As you flip to flower you turn it up and the light emits more uv and red spectrum but also still gives out some blue spectrum. I will try one first to see how well they do in the middle of my flower tent and move my d papillon in to a veg area. If they're good I mite slowly swap over to having 3 of those in my flower tent. I'm sure they will be fantastic though as the single d papillon kicks some serious ass and gives out a fantastic spectrum.

Yeah It does seem like some energy can be saved with those lights drawing less electric from the wall, do you think they actually perform as well as they say though? I've seen some lights say they draw like 400w but reckon is equivalent to a 1000w? Lovely, I'm glad your liking the light pal. I think the cmh are great. Yeah that light will eat that 4x4 and give good results. Glad it wasn't to hot in the end. I don't have any par meters either. The Philips bulbs are so good. I also saw some on Ebay cheaper as I need a replacement for mine soon I think. There expensive bulbs and on ebay was like £30/£40 cheaper but I also questioned the quality and if they're genuine lol. Yeah the d papillon wasn't cheap, but it's a fantastic light and the fixture spreads the light so well. They have a newer addition I want to purchase when I get some spare cash, it's called the double d papillon and it's a 630w. It uses two daylight bulbs which are full spectrum and it's dimmable from 50/120 percent. The lower and medium parts of the dimming emit more blue light from the bulbs so it's perfect for veg. As you flip to flower you turn it up and the light emits more uv and red spectrum but also still gives out some blue spectrum. I will try one first to see how well they do in the middle of my flower tent and move my d papillon in to a veg area. If they're good I mite slowly swap over to having 3 of those in my flower tent. I'm sure they will be fantastic though as the single d papillon kicks some serious ass and gives out a fantastic spectrum.
If I was you, i'd lean more to purchasing all 315s and I believe 4 315s would rock your garden ! I offered the seller 250 for the 290 light and they excepted. So now I'm trying to get them to change the bulb to a 3100 instead of the 4200. the sun prism system has the remote ballast. I should have asked before i paid them !!

You think 4x 315w would be better than 3x 630w? Very interesting! It would prob be cooler, good coverage as well. I did like the idea of those dimmers though which offer different spectrum as you switch to flowering. You set them at 50% for veg which has them at 315w and a blue spectrum then up them for flower up to 120% which adds red and uv plus blue. Problem is there are to many choices with lights, all these new digital led cob ones lol. So confusing. I looked for reviews on the double d but couldn't find any at all, not even a YouTube video. Loads of reviews loving the original d papilon though. Nice pal, bagged yourself a new light. Bargain too. Yeah that would be sort of like my daylight bulb in the middle of my hps. Fingers crossed they change it for you. I wonder what my pap would be like with the flowering bulb that you want to swap to? I'd like to try one of those bulbs, bloody expensive though.

You think 4x 315w would be better than 3x 630w? Very interesting! It would prob be cooler, good coverage as well. I did like the idea of those dimmers though which offer different spectrum as you switch to flowering. You set them at 50% for veg which has them at 315w and a blue spectrum then up them for flower up to 120% which adds red and uv plus blue. Problem is there are to many choices with lights, all these new digital led cob ones lol. So confusing. I looked for reviews on the double d but couldn't find any at all, not even a YouTube video. Loads of reviews loving the original d papilon though. Nice pal, bagged yourself a new light. Bargain too. Yeah that would be sort of like my daylight bulb in the middle of my hps. Fingers crossed they change it for you. I wonder what my pap would be like with the flowering bulb that you want to swap to? I'd like to try one of those bulbs, bloody expensive though.
I'm thinking it would give you more flexibility, as far as spreading the light out. But even if you need 5 315s, you'd still have more control over the heat and more able to manipulate the lighting. i wish i had bout two 315s, when I purchased the 630w. You think the 4200 will be ok to bloom with? Till I get a 3100 bulb? I mean, I've grown from start to finish with just MH bulb and did fine.

I'm thinking it would give you more flexibility, as far as spreading the light out. But even if you need 5 315s, you'd still have more control over the heat and more able to manipulate the lighting. i wish i had bout two 315s, when I purchased the 630w. You think the 4200 will be ok to bloom with? Till I get a 3100 bulb? I mean, I've grown from start to finish with just MH bulb and did fine.

Yeah that's very true about the flexibility. I could always get both sets of bulbs and swap them over after first couple weeks of flower. I've read good things about using a MH or a blue spectrum bulb for first couple weeks of flowering. It's supposed to make the plants stretch less and stack very well. I wish we had an unlimited supply of money to buy all these things, it's bloody expensive. Well the plants in the middle of the tent are getting mostly only the blue spectrum of light with an overlap of red spectrum from the HPS and the plants always do great under it.

Did you hear, that BF has changed his name ?
Yeah I did pal, it confused me for a bit!

Yeah that's very true about the flexibility. I could always get both sets of bulbs and swap them over after first couple weeks of flower. I've read good things about using a MH or a blue spectrum bulb for first couple weeks of flowering. It's supposed to make the plants stretch less and stack very well. I wish we had an unlimited supply of money to buy all these things, it's bloody expensive. Well the plants in the middle of the tent are getting mostly only the blue spectrum of light with an overlap of red spectrum from the HPS and the plants always do great under it.

Yeah I did pal, it confused me for a bit!
So your 315 is 4200 spectrum?

So your 315 is 4200 spectrum?
I have one 4200-day light, and one 3100 bulb in my 630, and it probably would be better if I used 2 3100 ? The bulbs are said to last two yrs. but we'll see. This past August was 1 yr, and 4.5 grows. And you're so right about shit being so expensive. my new batch of clones are 10 days old, and no roots yet. i'll put them in cups tomorrow and then I will cut my Bubba's gift, and OG Kush clones. And some where out of the madness, I'll keep 4 for each tent, and give the rest to friends & family. The lec tent has grown back in so thick, but i don't dare trim in the stretch period. About 3 weeks into bloom, I'll give them another haircut. Looks like a banner crop in the works !! And with the new light going into the 400w tent, that will up our production in there. now I need to re-up my nutrients, so there goes more $$$ !! I use a lot more nutrients this way, but I believe the yield is better, so It's worth the extra $$ ? This is what I'm telling myself !!

I have one 4200-day light, and one 3100 bulb in my 630, and it probably would be better if I used 2 3100 ? The bulbs are said to last two yrs. but we'll see. This past August was 1 yr, and 4.5 grows. And you're so right about shit being so expensive. my new batch of clones are 10 days old, and no roots yet. i'll put them in cups tomorrow and then I will cut my Bubba's gift, and OG Kush clones. And some where out of the madness, I'll keep 4 for each tent, and give the rest to friends & family. The lec tent has grown back in so thick, but i don't dare trim in the stretch period. About 3 weeks into bloom, I'll give them another haircut. Looks like a banner crop in the works !! And with the new light going into the 400w tent, that will up our production in there. now I need to re-up my nutrients, so there goes more $$$ !! I use a lot more nutrients this way, but I believe the yield is better, so It's worth the extra $$ ? This is what I'm telling myself !!

Hmm, I'm not sure but I think it could be good. I'd like to try it with one of each, like you've got. I think it would offer a real nice spectrum for your plants, will help during the stretch at beginning of flowering and you have the red there also. Yeah well I think it's true, I've had my one for almost two years now and it's still seems to be working great. The bulbs are expensive but they seem to be worth the money so far. Man it's all so expensive and so much stuff I wanna buy lol. My clones took 3 weeks to start getting some roots so hold on in there! How they looking now? Nice, gonna be some happy friends and family when they get the chance to have some of those clones. I bet it has, I think your gonna see some good results with that light pal, can't wait to see how the nugs come out under it. Fingers crossed for that banner crop! Man nutrients are so expensive aren't they but we can't do anything with out them. I think the way we grow works great pal, I'm really enjoying this way of growing, Cultivator put us onto a winner! Defintley worth the extra dosh pal. I want to change flower base nutrient next grow. This Ionic is great but doesn't hold PH stable anywhere near as good as the advanced nutrients PH perfect I use for veg. After a couple of days it starts dropping down quite quickly and requires a lot of adjustment so I have to make smaller batches up now that only last a couple days max. If I was hand watering would be fine as I'd just mix up fresh every day. It's annoying as it's cheap for a big 5 litre container, only £25. The advance nutrients sensi bloom is substantially more expensive, then there is the connoisseur which is even more expensive.

Hmm, I'm not sure but I think it could be good. I'd like to try it with one of each, like you've got. I think it would offer a real nice spectrum for your plants, will help during the stretch at beginning of flowering and you have the red there also. Yeah well I think it's true, I've had my one for almost two years now and it's still seems to be working great. The bulbs are expensive but they seem to be worth the money so far. Man it's all so expensive and so much stuff I wanna buy lol. My clones took 3 weeks to start getting some roots so hold on in there! How they looking now? Nice, gonna be some happy friends and family when they get the chance to have some of those clones. I bet it has, I think your gonna see some good results with that light pal, can't wait to see how the nugs come out under it. Fingers crossed for that banner crop! Man nutrients are so expensive aren't they but we can't do anything with out them. I think the way we grow works great pal, I'm really enjoying this way of growing, Cultivator put us onto a winner! Defintley worth the extra dosh pal. I want to change flower base nutrient next grow. This Ionic is great but doesn't hold PH stable anywhere near as good as the advanced nutrients PH perfect I use for veg. After a couple of days it starts dropping down quite quickly and requires a lot of adjustment so I have to make smaller batches up now that only last a couple days max. If I was hand watering would be fine as I'd just mix up fresh every day. It's annoying as it's cheap for a big 5 litre container, only £25. The advance nutrients sensi bloom is substantially more expensive, then there is the connoisseur which is even more expensive.
I started with the Complete brand of nutrients, and see no reason to switch. I got folks that has used both and say Complete is better. Advanced nutrients have more chemical makeup. Complete is mostly, organic . Complete is cheaper than Advanced nutrients. I'm paying about $55 per gal over here. i'm not sure about it's ability to regulate ph , as I hand water.
Hey buddy, I transplanted the Megajack plant from 4 to 7 gal bag, and it didn't miss a stroke. 1st. time I've ever transplanted anything in bloom. Today is day 11 on the bluedream and Megajack clones, and day 2 for the Bubba's gift and og kush. New light will be here probably Monday. Will take some pics. soon.:morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom