4 Strains: 630W LEC CMH

Mega Jack's leaf edges are rusting. Don't know what problem is, but I'm positive it's not a nutrient problem. I'm guessing she's stressed out from the transplant. I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake transplanting her 10 days into stretch ? Time will tell ?
BAC1D99C-C08A-4A26-B833-E250BF3039F3.jpeg
CFA01D20-781C-4590-B90E-98E180700033.jpeg
C3880CEC-24B5-48F1-AC6B-1DC4164AFBCA.jpeg
73B3257C-DBE8-4691-98A9-2059F44A062E.jpeg
C2FAB92C-634A-4C68-B924-92FFD5DC6FD0.jpeg

Day 17 bloom. Very healthy so far. Got the new light and ballast is defective !! dam my luck !!
6A1D671B-5F9A-4948-BE88-7E07FDF9D543.jpeg
8CFE82B5-486A-485B-807C-4925E23C6451.jpeg
F1DE79C5-36C7-4E4D-BA61-FF06E8CD1F75.jpeg
Looking good SP! Plants look happy and healthy. No bloody way, your new lights ballast is fooked? Bloody typical. Hopefully they get it sorted quickly. Not the time to be losing a light!

Looking good SP! Plants look happy and healthy. No bloody way, your new lights ballast is fooked? Bloody typical. Hopefully they get it sorted quickly. Not the time to be losing a light!
Yes TK, a bummer for sure !! I've added up all the lights and blowers and fans, and have determined that I'm pressing the limits on my little 15A fuse. Do you think that could effect the new ballast in some way, making it not stay on. I'm trying to figure out if all these rooms upstairs in this old house, are running on one fuse. I'm counting about 1350W on one 15A fuse !! So I may have to run an extension cord to put my fans on another circuit. Pain in my fooking ass !!

Defintley a bummer, have you messaged the seller to see if he can replace it? Ahh ok, so it could just be because your pushing your luck with the electric and using a tad to much and its messing with the light? Hmm, if I'm honest pal I don't have a clue about electrics I really wouldn't know. I hope you can get it figured out tho! Maybe try run that pain in the arse extension cord in to the room and try run the fans and smaller electrical items off that to free up some wattage for the lights on the original ring and see if that helps?

Defintley a bummer, have you messaged the seller to see if he can replace it? Ahh ok, so it could just be because your pushing your luck with the electric and using a tad to much and its messing with the light? Hmm, if I'm honest pal I don't have a clue about electrics I really wouldn't know. I hope you can get it figured out tho! Maybe try run that pain in the arse extension cord in to the room and try run the fans and smaller electrical items off that to free up some wattage for the lights on the original ring and see if that helps?
TK, we live in 1/2 of a house, that was built probably in the 50s. There's 3 bedrooms upstairs (which we use only for storage & the grow room), & a living room, another bedroom and kitchen downstairs. Fuse box is in basement & is probably the original. I see 2 20A fuses and 4 15W fuses, screw in type. I don't know what all those fuses are for, as only 2 wires leave the fuse box. There's also a 220 outlet by the fuse box, for our dryer. So the whole place is run from those two wires. So my wife and I will do a little troubleshooting soon. I know about as much as you, but I got a lot of common sense. It's all gonna be good bro !!
PS And the guys from where I bought the light are square shooters, so far !!! They said I had to pay for return shipping and I said, no forking way, and after that we're getting along fine.

Couple pics of the 630w lec tent. 3 blue dream, one Mega Jack. 3 weeks into bloom, today. Been feeding once per day, at lights on. At the moment, they're eating 1 qt. per day. ppm- 1200 & ph- 6.2. Looking real healthy at this stage ! Within the next couple days, I'll bring them out for a haircut, I'll take all the bottom growth off, & all the lower side shoots that'll never make the canopy level. I'm out of the $100 per qt. Boost, so I'll be using FF Beasty bloom, & Cha Ching. And PK 13/14, for my booster. Started yesterday with 1/4 tsp. per gal of the beasty bloom. In like a week, I'll change that to 1/2 tsp.. I don't know how I'm going to handle harvest this cycle, as the Mega Jack is 10-11 week strain. The blue dreams are 9 week. which means, I'm looking for a place to hang the blue dreams, and I won't have an open tent with a carbon filter. I've never tryed to dry with lights on, as It's too hot and they'd dry to fast. I don't have a carbon in my veg. tent, and might just buy a 4in. one for it? The 2 ft. 4 bulb T-5 don't give off hardly any heat, so I'll probably do that. Have a great night !! Day 21 bloom .
F1DE79C5-36C7-4E4D-BA61-FF06E8CD1F75.jpeg
868D4E5C-698B-471F-82D6-3EED39131394.jpeg

Yes TK, a bummer for sure !! I've added up all the lights and blowers and fans, and have determined that I'm pressing the limits on my little 15A fuse. Do you think that could effect the new ballast in some way, making it not stay on. I'm trying to figure out if all these rooms upstairs in this old house, are running on one fuse. I'm counting about 1350W on one 15A fuse !! So I may have to run an extension cord to put my fans on another circuit. Pain in my fooking ass !!
For 120 volts and 15 amps it will be 1800 watts total you can have on that circuit . For 120 volts and 20 amps it will be 2400 watts.
Do not reach maximum capacity. Could start fires but that's what they are rated at. I run no more than 75% capacity on any circuit in my system for safety.

For 120 volts and 15 amps it will be 1800 watts total you can have on that circuit . For 120 volts and 20 amps it will be 2400 watts.
Do not reach maximum capacity. Could start fires but that's what they are rated at. I run no more than 75% capacity on any circuit in my system for safety.
Welcome pontiacman,
From what I read, and this is what I've been doing, 1440W is the 80% mark. Problem is, i need to unscrew them one at a time and see for sure what's on each circuit. These old houses were wired before we had a ton of wattage to plug in. right now, I don't know if the kitchen is on same circuit as the upstairs bedroom. All I know is the outlet I'm using for my grow is not overloaded. it's got one 630w, one 400w hps, and two 6 inch exhaust fans. And veg tent has one 2 foot, 4 bulb T-5s (maybe 100w). And that's it totally. Like I say, i just bought a 315 sun system, and I'm waiting for it to be repaired or replaced, as it was defective, right out of the box. But adding the 315w, I think will need a different circuit. I've not been feeling well, so I haven't troubleshot the circuits yet. I'm gonna unscrew them one at a time, and see what's on each circuit. I may have to run an extension cord for the 315w ? I've been running the same set up for 2 years and never a problem.
Anyhow, welcome to my little grows. The 630w tent is at 26 days bloom, while the 400w tent is at 10 days bloom. they're all healthy at the moment. Now that summers over, I'll be posting more . You got a journal going ?

Welcome pontiacman,
From what I read, and this is what I've been doing, 1440W is the 80% mark. Problem is, i need to unscrew them one at a time and see for sure what's on each circuit. These old houses were wired before we had a ton of wattage to plug in. right now, I don't know if the kitchen is on same circuit as the upstairs bedroom. All I know is the outlet I'm using for my grow is not overloaded. it's got one 630w, one 400w hps, and two 6 inch exhaust fans. And veg tent has one 2 foot, 4 bulb T-5s (maybe 100w). And that's it totally. Like I say, i just bought a 315 sun system, and I'm waiting for it to be repaired or replaced, as it was defective, right out of the box. But adding the 315w, I think will need a different circuit. I've not been feeling well, so I haven't troubleshot the circuits yet. I'm gonna unscrew them one at a time, and see what's on each circuit. I may have to run an extension cord for the 315w ? I've been running the same set up for 2 years and never a problem.
Anyhow, welcome to my little grows. The 630w tent is at 26 days bloom, while the 400w tent is at 10 days bloom. they're all healthy at the moment. Now that summers over, I'll be posting more . You got a journal going ?
Yes. My journal is KGB Smokehouse flower fall season 2017.

I heard growing with both spectrums is the way to go, but I'm just running the 3100's.
My bulbs are 14 months old, full time 12/12, with a week here and there off. I'll finish this grow and maybe one more, then replace them. They're advertised as lasting about twice as long as regular hid bulbs, so time will tell.
Do you have all your lights on one grow, or split up ? My 630 is in a 4x4x6.5, with 3 blue dream, and one mega jack, all clones. And I have another 4x4x6.5 with a 400w hortilux, and the 315w lec is going in there, when i get it back. I'm looking for a different circuit for it now. In the 400w tent is two Bubba's Gift, one Blue Dream & one OG Kush. And another 4x4x6.5 veg tent, all in one small room. I've sort of neglected this journal, lately, but now with winter coming, I'll have plenty of time. Hope to be showing off some prime colas soon. I'll check out your journal when i find it. You need to install a signature for your journal, so folks can easily link to it.

Back
Top Bottom