4 Strains: 630W LEC CMH

526F7295-7173-4B6D-9117-607A936E0055.jpeg
5D7C5C53-45A7-4A78-9B17-C6828459BFE4.jpeg
AD842CAD-279A-49E1-80AA-ACF2A57315AD.jpeg

I let my hydro guy sell me on the idea of switching to coco husk, instead of coco pith, but next batch will be with 50/50. So I flushed the 4 plants in the 430w/315w tent. I used 400 ppm, pH 6.1 tap water. Just base nutrients. I don't know when I'll resume the regular feeding schedule ? Hoping for improvement to the curling leaves. if not, then we'll wet a few seeds. All that $$ wasted, would piss me off !!
The other tent with the 4 mega jackpot plants show some of the same symptoms, but I did put them in bloom on New yrs. eve !! Still hanging wet towels in both tents .This is my 1st. problem ever, too threaten shutting down a grow. I've had grows that fell short on yield, but never a complete loss, and I've been growing inside now for like 10 yrs. . High temp. today is 0 f !! At least I didn't get that 18 inchs of snow, like Boston !!

So this is your first grow on coco husk instead of pith? I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Whats your roots look like?
I thought of that, but one of the 4 plants is in pith & it's the same mess. I took off most of the curling leaves yesterday. Now I'll wait till the new growth comes, and see if that is effected. You ever use the husks Cult ? I mixed 50/50 husk/pith today and it made a nice airy mix.
And Cult, the husk is really loose. But they're sucking feed down, like nothings wrong. Ha. I've got to flip soon or my head room is gonna be a factor. I can only bend so much in 6.5 ft. ? Either that, or just say F it, and wet some new seeds.

I will be honest with you and say i didnt know there was different types! I knew there was bricks and prewashed etc. But i never actually knew there was different types. Learn something new every day!

So what exactly are you feeding now.
I'm in week 10 veg. on 3 effected blue dream plants & one og kush. Light is one 315w lec cmh & one 430w eye hortilux hps. It's a 48X48X6.5' tent with a 6 inch, 440 fan and carbon filter. Fertilizers are called , ' Complete hydroponics coco line, '. They're a small company out of Fl. USA. The base nutrients have extra cal-mag, and supposedly don't need any additional calmag. This is my schedule as of week 2:

PER GAL

5 ml - silica blast
1 ml - flying skull Z7
1.5 ml - mammoth p
1 scoop - great white (every other feed)
8 ml - Complezym
( So at this point, I'm somewhere around 250ppm or about 3.5 ec.) then
I use base nutrients to bring to about 980 ppm or 1.4 ec.

Then at beginning of week 3, I start adding B+ & PK booster to the mix. And 1/2 thru week 3, I add 1/4 tsp. of open sesame. I'd rather be using the boost made by Complete hydroponics, but can't justify the expense ( ie $100 per qt. )

Some of the best weed I've ever grown was in mother earth & cowshit compost !!
So Cult, I'm running out of space in my little tent, since they've been vegging so long ??

hey sp. your running pk boost and open sesame....seems like to much. my opinion i'd drop one. prob the open sesame (and the other 2 if you have them chaching etc,). I've been l.o.s 'ing (in coco) it for the past 5 years but, before that I ran drain to waste in coco. the npk numbers are to high on those fox farm products for me. c'ya

hey sp. your running pk boost and open sesame....seems like to much. my opinion i'd drop one. prob the open sesame (and the other 2 if you have them chaching etc,). I've been l.o.s 'ing (in coco) it for the past 5 years but, before that I ran drain to waste in coco. the npk numbers are to high on those fox farm products for me. c'ya
Hey Lowrent, I appreciate the info.. I'm using it to replace the expensive boost, and have used it only one grow. it seemed to work just fine in my last grow. I haven't started it yet in this grow, as a matter of fact, flowers are starting now, so I'll keep that in mind. Thanks !! Hang around and help us through this !!

Two days of 50-60f weather, and now back to single digits. Humidity was 50 yesterday, today, it's to low for my meter to read it, till I hang wet towels. And then it's reading 29%. I have replaced one of my blue dream plants with a pineapple chunk. So the 430w hps/315w lec cmh tent now has one pineapple chunk, two blue dreams & one og kush. I would upload some pics., but I can't find the gallery now, on my ipad, since 420 rearranged the site. Irritating !!

Please pardon the intrusion. :thanks:

Since many of you stay in the grow room with blinders on, we have to spread the word somehow.

The mobile apps have been temporarily disbled, you can now access our 420% mobile friendly website via all smartphones through a browser like Google Chrome.

Please vote in the poll and subscribe to this thread for more details, discussions and updates
Brand New Forums & Gallery

For those of you needing guidance on the new gallery
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thank you for your patience, understanding and support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:

If one of the staff could close this journal. I don't have time for all this change. If I can figure out how to navigate the new program, then I may start another journal. I'm trying to understand why all my subbed journals were erased . Sorry, but at 77 yrs. old, I don't need change, and stress. I know there's some great folks that are members here, but It's going to take awhile, for me to grasp what's happening to my 420 Magazine. No warning, just erase ? Easier, that's what I need, easier !! Very simple, that's what I need ! I hope my 420 mag. is not gone forever ?
Slowpuffer

Anyhow, I've harvested the current grows and started another grow. I got sick and then my plants got sick, and then 420 mag. changed everything to where we have to learn a brand new format. Wound up getting 13 Zs of the 4 Mega Jackpots. Last grow I got over 20 Zs, but hoping to redeem myself on this grow. 4 6 wk. old clones are now 1 week into bloom cycle. Winter is over, so humidity will go up, hopefully. I'll try & take some pics. tonight.
Also have 14 new seedlings, 3-4 wks. old, for my outside grow, they should be huge by the time I can put them out. (last of may)

Back
Top Bottom