4 Strawberry Kush F5's - How Red Can We Get 'Em?

Thanks, Scrogdawg, that pic just reminds me of how much I hate winter.
What are you plans now for the WW? Under the stairs?

I'll keep it in the house for a couple of days. Its supposed to be back up 15⁰C (288⁰K lol) by Thursday and looks OK for the rest of the month. Hoping it can hold out till I flip the tent to 12/12 and then I'll finish it in there.

Heres a couple of comparison shots. Same plants with three days difference in growth in RDWC. Strawberry Kush F5.

Full MH lights at 400 watts each, 760µS EC and PH at 5.7-5.9. 17 days on res.
Plant 1, October 1st
MG_0841.jpg

Plant 1, October 4th
MG_0845.jpg

Plant 2, October 1st
MG_0840.jpg

Plant 2, October 4th
MG_0848.jpg

Just passing a little time this morning. Everything is going well. Hers a shot of the root development after 19 days in the RDWC, and I put up the lower scrog mesh today.

Each plant has been topped once previously and the 4th node is showing on each of the topped branches. I'm debating whether or not to do a second topping on some, all or none of them. I keep thinking of an old oilpatch saying that somewhat relates. "Theres only two levers on this machine, Lever A and Lever B. If you're not sure about Lever A, then Lever B".

Have a good Friday...or Saturday as the case may be.
MG_08491.jpg

MG_08531.jpg

MG_0852.jpg

From humble beginnings under the stairs to a kick-ass grow system.

I'd like to think that I'll be back under the stairs again. Just need you to finish all the R&D work on the LED's. Then I'll shamelessly steal the intellectual property from you and build myself an LED light system. That'll free up the two MH lights and with the old RDWC that I had I'll get a clone and veg area going. But, "First we take Manhattan then we take Berlin" (Joe Cocker)

Damn i love that setup

Thanks PW. It means a lot coming from your direction.

R&D is stalled until we can figure out what the hell these lights are that I received. I should have been into testing this weekend but now it's looking like next weekend. I'd wire and fire to test but I can't in good conscience return "used" lights if they're wrong.

So the EC has dropped from 760µS to 680µS over the last 2 days. That tells me the 4 Strawberry Kush F5's are finally using more nutrients than water. This morning I did a res change and increased the nutrients to 1120µS (560 ppm). This is the first res change since the plants went into the RDWC system 21 days ago. I'll top up with RO water thats is mixed to 1120µS as well. If all goes good I'll keep it at that rate until I flip the lights to 12/12 and I'll increase the nutes again for the transition period. I also added a small humidifier to the tent as the RH was hovering around 25% and my desired RH is 50% for veg. Other than that things are going very smoothly right now. I figure roughly two weeks to flip.

Heres my current nutrient solution using RO water and General Hydroponics "Flora Series" with Cal/Mg and Z7, along with a couple pictures of the girls.
Nute-2.jpg

MG_08621.jpg

MG_0854.jpg

MG_0855.jpg

Hey Scrogdawg. Love your rwdc. Definitely doing that on my next grow instead of singles. Is that 1" on top and 2" on the return? What's the riser pipe in between the buckets on the return line for?

Thanks Scooter. Rider 509 designed the system and I built it. Gotta give Rider his props too.

Those are 3/4" and 1.5" lines.
The bottom 1.5" valve is for draining the system only and is normally closed while operating.
The top 1.5" valve can control water level in the buckets although I have it full open all the time.
The raised bypass on the return side ensures that the buckets don't drain back to the reservoir and flood it onto the carpeted floor in the event of a pump failure or power outage.
The stand pipe is there to make sure that the buckets don't siphon back to the reservoir in a pump failure condition. The stand pipe may be redundant but we weren't taking any chances.
MG_94971.jpg

MG_94872.jpg

Back
Top Bottom