40 day old Northern Lights Auto: does this look right?

Haak

Damn she's supposed to be northern lights x ruderalis lmao. I think I got a wrong seed... the seed was advertised to finish in 7 to 9 weeks. Im 3 days from day 1 of week 7. Unfortunately I couldn't train the plant as I was in Jamaica for the week of stretch.. 11 days ago she was 13 inches, as unreal as it sounds.

Damn she's supposed to be northern lights x ruderalis lmao. I think I got a wrong seed... the seed was advertised to finish in 7 to 9 weeks. Im 3 days from day 1 of week 7. Unfortunately I couldn't train the plant as I was in Jamaica for the week of stretch.. 11 days ago she was 13 inches, as unreal as it sounds.
Auto times are rarely anywhere close to accurate mate. She looks mint though.

Ahh ok. Well if I had to guess based on appearance... I'd say she's gonna be a 9 or 10 week plant. I still see lots of green shoots coming out each cola. The phenotype maxes out around 55 inches, and she's already almost maxed my tent! Thanks for the positive feedback, I always heard autos were small and the previous auto ak47 i grew only reached a maximum 34 inches and after 8 weeks she was ready to rock.

I have no clue what to expect for yield but my hopes (and return on investment!) are set at around 400+ grams... but I have no clue what to expect. My short auto ak only produced 4.3 ounces and she had nowhere near the vigor that this strain does. Is there a general plant height to weight produced rule? Or does it all depend on lighting? My environment, pH, and ppms have been very well controlled, and waterings have been going perfectly with 20% runoff in 3 gallon pots of pure canna coco, no perlite. I had 1 problem with underfeeding a little early in the grow, then about 12 hours of salty, basic root conditions right about 6.9 pH before I flushed her back to 5.8. Other than that no problems aside from a tiny bit of light burn when the fan wasnt cooling the space between the leaves and the lamp.

Depending how long you veg if it’s not an auto, they can get pretty big, this freaky gal did some weird stuff, I tried topping it too many times (maybe 5 or 6 times lol) it started to grow straight up again and as you can see, started growing like a whole new plant up top, she was a weird bi*ch, and had she not hermed on me :(:( (Right next to the door and had a light leak) she would have been well over a pound, each cola on the other plants in the room averaged 10 grams dry and this girl had a little over 50 shoots

Attachments

• DFE7B3AA-72FB-4D5C-9B28-830CD37A8761.jpeg
    DFE7B3AA-72FB-4D5C-9B28-830CD37A8761.jpeg
    664.8 KB · Views: 234
  • E2825224-B0E9-4EEB-8853-9594B66DE027.jpeg
    E2825224-B0E9-4EEB-8853-9594B66DE027.jpeg
    628.1 KB · Views: 198
I think I got a wrong seed
Possibly-Northern Lights is pretty much pure indica (originally) and she looks to be pretty strong on the sativa genes (skinnier leaves ,taller, and longer flowering time)
It'll be interesting to see how it ends up...

Wow she did some crazy stuff indeed! This particular auto began to flower at the start of week4, and this last 2 weeks appears to have been the major "stretch" as she is definitely slowing down vertical growth now. I'm guestimating 3 full weeks to ripen the buds, then 3-5 days flush while my trichomes amber/cloud out.

Wow she did some crazy stuff indeed! This particular auto began to flower at the start of week4, and this last 2 weeks appears to have been the major "stretch" as she is definitely slowing down vertical growth now. I'm guestimating 3 full weeks to ripen the buds, then 3-5 days flush while my trichomes amber/cloud out.
Looking forward to seeing how she turns out, so you have a journal going yet? If soo you should add a link to your signature to make it easier for others to find and know you have one going, there’s a link in my signature for adding links to your signature to get you on your way a bit

I don't have a journal just yet, but I am going to write it up after she's all said and done. I have extensive day by day notes except for the missing week in Jamaica, and her caretaker during the time I was gone kept a great record of everything that happened and things he did, so there are no holes. Pictures, too.

I have no clue what to expect for yield but my hopes (and return on investment!) are set at around 400+ grams... but I have no clue what to expect. My short auto ak only produced 4.3 ounces and she had nowhere near the vigor that this strain does. Is there a general plant height to weight produced rule? Or does it all depend on lighting? My environment, pH, and ppms have been very well controlled, and waterings have been going perfectly with 20% runoff in 3 gallon pots of pure canna coco, no perlite. I had 1 problem with underfeeding a little early in the grow, then about 12 hours of salty, basic root conditions right about 6.9 pH before I flushed her back to 5.8. Other than that no problems aside from a tiny bit of light burn when the fan wasnt cooling the space between the leaves and the lamp.
There's a million things that determine how big they get mate. World's biggest strain still grows small in a small pot. Light is important but you've gotta train the plant to fill the footprint of the light with even height colas to get the big yields. Need lots of oxygen to the roots too, thats a big factor.

Depending how long you veg if it’s not an auto, they can get pretty big, this freaky gal did some weird stuff, I tried topping it too many times (maybe 5 or 6 times lol) it started to grow straight up again and as you can see, started growing like a whole new plant up top, she was a weird bi*ch, and had she not hermed on me :(:( (Right next to the door and had a light leak) she would have been well over a pound, each cola on the other plants in the room averaged 10 grams dry and this girl had a little over 50 shoots
Bro thats a fuckin mental lookin plant lol

Nah double that mate. Take about another 6 weeks probably. Most of mine go around 100-110 days from seed.

Do you grow photoperiods? I haven't come across any autoflowers that take so long.
I do both mate but I'm better with autos. They react better to my somewhat abusive growing style. Here's one of my favourites. 108 days on 19/5 from seed. I put her through hell and back from day 1 in the Res.
That's what happens when you ignore everything you've ever been told not to do to an auto and do it anyway. They love a good slap about

Attachments

• 3D1126A1-7D2C-45EF-BD23-16FA08F61568.jpeg
    3D1126A1-7D2C-45EF-BD23-16FA08F61568.jpeg
    434 KB · Views: 181
Back
Top Bottom