400-650g/m2 yielding autos? Fact or fiction?

JRILEY100

By doing more in depth searching around for strains I want to grow in a much improved dwc hydro system and large grow box..plus all the other required products for the highest Quality/Yeilds (that I could afford) I came across a few autos: Pineapple Express 400-600g/m2 and Ryno Ryder 500-650g/m2. Both of these examples I found on gorilla seed bank and "Fast Buds" is the name of the company that produces these seeds. Can Anyone back up that claim or have any insight? It would be MUCH APPRECIATED as I'd rather not purchase these autos and end up with 50g/m2 per plant. If autos can now produce those big of Yeilds while also maintaining the level of potency/quality. Why would anyone *new with no clones or growers who have plenty of bud already thus time is not of the essence shave a month or more from seed to harvest? Just seems to good to be true. Thoughts?? :thanks:Thanks guys and gals. JR.
cannabis-seeds.co.uk/fastbuds/autoflowering/pineapple-express-auto.html
autoflowering/rhino-ryder-auto.html

I'm not sure but I believe that yield is over a 3'/3' sq area. Hence sog but again I'm not sure. I think you'll have to have enough plants to cover that area. Not just one plant

Sent from my XT1254 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I didn't think so. I went to the actual site and its more like in prime conditions, nuits, ect more close to the absolute highest was about 10 ounces which is impressive for an auto. I'm trying to figure out the time saved and utility bills saved by using autos instead of regular fem seeds. Thanks for the feedback from everyone. Scrog I understand but I don't or should say haven't had a chance to see why outdoors it'll tell you the yeild in grams and indoors it's g/m2. I'm going to assume it has something to do with space. Not sure. Turkey hangover. Haha. Thx again.

I think you are correct. That's what I assumed. It was per square foot or meter... Something along that nature. Thx bud.

Thank you sir. Though it had to do with meters just no clue what the "2" was for. Also in the harvest section it has the harvest in (whatever measurement system the UK uses) and Metric for the . It says verbatim "up to 1.2 pounds per light". What is "in light" suppose to mean? Again I could figure it out but you guys are on point. So figure why not ask. With autos do you still do a 12/12 or say a 18/6 the entire grow? Much appreciated again to everyone. I do my due diligence and try to get an honest legit answer from someone who has experience or had experimented with this type of grow. So good stuff. I've learned basically everything from this site/app. Still stuck on save time with autos and get a smaller yeilding or get reg fem seeds. If I can get 10oz from one auto I'd say it's worth it. Another fact they claim in the description of pineapple express for example. Everyone have a good day. Thx.

Thank you sir. Thought it had to do with meters just no clue what the "2" was for. Also in the harvest section it has the harvest in (whatever measurement system the UK uses) and Metric for the . It says verbatim "up to 1.2 pounds per light". What is "in light" suppose to mean?
Again I could figure it out but you guys are on point. So figure why not ask. With autos do you still switch when you hit the flowering stagr to a 12/12 or say a 18/6 the entire grow? Much appreciated again to everyone. I do my due diligence and try to get an honest legit answer from someone who has experience or had experimented with this type of grow. So good stuff. I've learned basically everything from this site/app. Still stuck on save time with autos and get a smaller yeilding or get reg fem seeds maybe twice the amount as well close to twice the time of "some" autos. If I can get 10oz from one auto I'd say it's worth it. Another fact they claim in the description of pineapple express for example. Everyone have a good day. Thx.

Thank you sir. Thought it had to do with meters just no clue what the "2" was for. Also in the harvest section it has the harvest in (whatever measurement system the UK uses) and Metric for the . It says verbatim "up to 1.2 pounds per light". What is "in light" suppose to mean?
Again I could figure it out but you guys are on point. So figure why not ask. With autos do you still switch when you hit the flowering stagr to a 12/12 or say a 18/6 the entire grow? Much appreciated again to everyone. I do my due diligence and try to get an honest legit answer from someone who has experience or had experimented with this type of grow. So good stuff. I've learned basically everything from this site/app. Still stuck on save time with autos and get a smaller yeilding or get reg fem seeds maybe twice the amount as well close to twice the time of "some" autos. If I can get 10oz from one auto I'd say it's worth it. Another fact they claim in the description of pineapple express for example. Everyone have a good day. Thx.

What does for example: up to 1.2 pounds per light. I found that in the harvest section from "fast buds" and have no clue what "per light" means. As well with autos do you switch to a 12/12 one she hits flowering? Or do you for example do an 18/6 light schedule for the entire grow? Very, very, much appreciated. Happy growing to all...

400-650 g /m2 ah never really worked out how seed breeders work that out ?

But gives a hint on potential high yield strains but ya need a 600 w or 1000 w hps to do that sort of stuff...

I always thought it was a reference to sog aka sea of green methods wall to wall carpet of bud every inch of space via what ever training method or lots of smaller plants per m2.

1.2 lb per light don't give much insight either or how many plants used, where they trained & size of hps, was Co2 used ? or the weight being wet or dry in their description they sure don't tell ya that !

Bit mysteries ah...

From one plant? No. From multiple plants? Yes.
I grow in a 33" x 33" area (less than 1 sq. meter). I grow 4-5 small plants and usually pull 4 oz. from each = 20 oz. = 560+ grams.

Wasted a whole summer growing autos in my greenhouse when I could have been growing my usual 4 big exotics,they're cute but less powerful,ideal for people who need to be discrete,grow on balconies,bathrooms it's ideal but if you have room and it's legal theirs no point growing them in my view

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Another strike against autos is that they don't leave any wiggle room if you make a mistake. They grow like rockets from start to finish and anything that slows them down is going to directly affect yield.

With a photo plant you can train it and torture it however you want, and indoors you can grow it as large and for as long as you need to. You could grow for 20 years or longer, theoretically your whole life, from just one original seed or cutting. Any setbacks- just veg longer. You can reveg, clone, produce feminized or regular seeds. Variety is greater among regular photo plants, and potency is higher. You won't find pure sativas or landraces or really any exotic autos.

Autos are good for the reasons Major mentioned, plus will get you an outdoor harvest in places like mine. My day lengths don't get anywhere near 12/12 till way too late in the fall, so by the time a pot plant gets flowering around here it's pissing rain and cold every day.

Definitely ideal for areas where growing conditions are not ideal,better than nothing,but in California don't see the point unless you don't want anyone to see them,my opinion only

better than nothing...

That's pretty much it. If I didn't have an indoor grow it would be autos all the way for me. I love growing outdoors- and every year I consider planting some of these auto seeds I seem to be accumulating (freebies and stuff). But what always stops me is- what am I going to do with the bud I get? I'll always prefer my indoor sativas and am lucky enough to have plenty of bud from the indoor grow. Why go to all the work for some weaker bud that I'll never get around to smoking? I do think I'll grow a couple next year though- for decorative purposes. I can make hash out of them if they turn out. :thumb:

I agree,I grew my first by accident it was a freebie,I had no idea what it was,pubes in 6 weeks,it was fun,good smoke but it must have got cross polenated with one of my big Kush plants so I got seeds from a fem big plant,which was unusual so I planted them for fun but they were all autos so I wasted my whole natural California sun summer grow on silly little plants with one cola,only good for butter.I planted my real crop late of expensive exotics full size in July which was too late as hours were getting darker,I went on a trip and left them in natural light for 10 days but they spotted it and started flowering as babies,disaster I thought my Christmas trees were going to be flowering midgets,the sun was getting too low behind my house so there was no chance that my big ones were going to get enough sun in the fall to produce the usual 2lbs of sticky colas i normally get,just not enough direct sun,so I have put them under t5 with 18/6 exposure of sun and t5,I cover with 1 reflector tarp at dusk otherwise my house can be seen from space with glow,so plants returned to veg in a month have thick wooden stems,are about 3 feet tall and I will let them loose to bloom around 4/20 for an early crop,in the meantime I'm going to prepare for my big annual Labor Day harvest with clones in pots in January that I'll cut off these veggies,so it should be a bonanza year in 2017

I don't have a great deal of experience with autos (just finished my first) but for my first go at them as well as first time using dwc and LED lighting in a tent measuring only 800mm square I grew this.
420-magazine-mobile1213064506.jpg

She's Bubble Kush from RQS and went for 12 weeks under Mars2 700 on 18/6. I know what works for some doesn't for others, but some results are undeniable...

Back
Top Bottom