400 gallons of HB? Come see

Vapeman420

Hi All!

Vapeman here bringing you my next project, which is Doc Buds High Brix soil kit. I bought 2 XL kits (good for 384 gallons) from him and am growing my legal allotment of 4 plants in the Willamette Valley of Oregon! I got some clones from one of my trusted sources and immediately put them into 1 gallon smart pots full of already cooked DBHBS. The strains are: 1. 9# hammer 2. Sunset Sherbet 3. Snoop's dream 4. Sour Banana Sherbert. Here are some pics to show you what it looks like so far.

This is the soil, after it was cooked for 3 weeks. I didn't get a pic, but we had 3 snakes take up residence in the pile, I am taking that as a good sign! :thumb:

Here are the clones when they were first planted in DBHBS.

And here is what they look like from about 1 week ago, once they were transplanted into thier 100 gallon smart pots. The fun has just begun so sit back, relax and enjoy the show!

-Vape

to the moon alice,,

gonna be fun, cheers

Alright so here is a 1 week update! The ladies have been growing along nicely, and so I thought it was time for a little bondage to spice things up! The one lady who was begging to be punished was the 9# hammer, as she had developed 3 nice big main stalks and I wanted to split her out so she would bush up.

Here she is before I did anything. I tied down her 3 legs and thought all was well.

But I saw that I had split 1 of her main stalk fairly badly, so I had to do some repairs.

I duck taped her back together and am hopeful that she will survive. I have split many a plant in my day and most recover, so I am not too worried.

Here are the other 3 ladies, they didn't get much training as I felt they were already bushing out nicely and after the 9# hammer broke, I decided a little LST would be good enough. Especially since we are roughly 2 weeks out from the start of flowering, I didn't want to make too many adjustments.

So there we are, still loving this high brix mix, I may have to get a refractometer (pretty sure thats what I need) to measure the brix level.

Happy growing y'all!

-Vape

Alright, so here is the latest update! It's been about a week and a half since the last pictures. I am very happy to report that the 9# hammer that had a pretty nasty split, has recovered fully and it is filling out it's 100 gallon pot nicely! Actually all the girls are doing really good filling out the pots. Sunset sherbet is very heavily indica leaning, so it is still a bit squat, while all the other girls are reaching for the stars! Just starting to see some preflowers popping up, so we should be starting full flower mode in about 1 week. Well here are the pics!

9# hammer, blowing up!

Next up is the squat and classic indica: Sunset Sherbert

Snoops Dream is bushing out and looking lovely!

And finally Sour Banana Sherbert!

Not a full group shot, but 3 out of the 4

Happy high brix growing everyone!

-Vape

Thanks DrDoob, i'll give that a try and see if it gets some more people over here!

-Vape

Well, yeahhh! Thanks for the heads-up! :slide:

I love to watch the outdoor grows - they're always so thick and vibrant. So, you upcanned Jul 1st or so? Big changes since then. They really took ahold of that soil! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've seen outdoor growers mention, including Conradino lately, that people can spend too much time messing with a plant. Keep in mind that your light source has no weakness anywhere - just as bright at the bottom as the top. So training can be the wrong thing to do. It's not that you don't train - just do it with a different shape in mind than an indoor plant.

Did you ever run across member Sphnx? He grows amazing plants in Colorado. Check him out!

Sphnx's pics

:Namaste:

Welcome @Graytail @DrDoob @Doc Bud @TheGreenYeti @neikodog thanks for coming on by!

@Graytail yeah I have almost always grown outdoors, I have a little experience with indoor but most of my work has been outdoor. I was talking with a friend the other day and realized I had been growing outdoors since 05'! My main focus with these plants was to try and get as many tops as I could in a limited amount of time. I think they look good and bushy for roughly 1.5 months of veg!

@Doc Bud Thanks to your kit, this has been the easiest grow ever for me! One other really nice thing about the high brix style is that I snapped that branch pretty good on the 9# Hammer. I thought positive but I was pretty damn scared it wouldn't bounce back. You can hardly tell it ever had a snap!

@TheGreenYeti it was a very spur of the moment thing. I haven't had a grow spot for about 2 years (long story involving my ex-wife, but I'll save that for someother time) and then a buddy said he had a grow spot if I wanted to grow with him. It's basically just off the downtown area of a suburb of Portland. If the people in town knew.........hahahahha

@neikodog come check it out, flowering is just about to begin, should be a good time!

Update in about 1 week!

-Vape

Alright, so here is the latest update! It's been about a week and a half since the last pictures. I am very happy to report that the 9# hammer that had a pretty nasty split, has recovered fully and it is filling out it's 100 gallon pot nicely! Actually all the girls are doing really good filling out the pots. Sunset sherbet is very heavily indica leaning, so it is still a bit squat, while all the other girls are reaching for the stars! Just starting to see some preflowers popping up, so we should be starting full flower mode in about 1 week. Well here are the pics!

9# hammer, blowing up!

-Vape

Hells yea man those look great. I wish I could do 100 gal highbrix pots man that would be insane lol. But yea man lookn very nice indeed congrats. Are u planning on makeing any fem seeds out of these or is this strictly a bud run?

9# hammer, blowing up!

-Vape
Looking good vape! :morenutes:

One thing I must say--I'm sure you know as an outdoor guy, but those plants will start to touch each other at that spacing before they're done. Small, small possibility you might have Hemp Russet Mites starting--seeing potential signs of them in a few photos... If you have a loop/trich scope, I'd consider looking at a few of the most-taco'd leaves to see if there are any microscopic critters on the undersides of the veins in the leaves. Hopefully you're free of them, but I've been dealing with them this year, and have learned that sulphur foliars work a treat before flower! In my neck of the woods, we need to watch for PM on the Sunset Sherbert (she's prone to it) and that Sulphur foliar spray works nicely as a preventative for that as well.

I've got a load of DBHBB plants in 100, 200, and 300 gal pots right now, and they all need mulching where I am (~30% daytime humidity) to avoid daily watering--even still, the plant seems to find it helpful to send 5-10 gal lightly on top to keep things moist during the heat of the day. I also use Organic Straw Hay for mulch in a 2-3" layer on top, and it works well for me. 2oz drench/5 gal on the feedings.

Oh yeah--before I forget, some Snake Oil for the strains you are using might also prove beneficial.

Huh, I thought this would get a lot more discussion and posts, should I have started a grow journal instead of this thread?

-Vape
We probably would have seen it sooner, but better here than nowhere! :)

Cheers brother, hope my words don't come across the wrong way! Sincerely looking forward to seeing these ladies finish out strong. :headbanger:

:passitleft:

@TheGreenYeti it was a very spur of the moment thing. I haven't had a grow spot for about 2 years (long story involving my ex-wife, but I'll save that for someother time) and then a buddy said he had a grow spot if I wanted to grow with him. It's basically just off the downtown area of a suburb of Portland. If the people in town knew.........hahahahha

I am glad you landed an unexpected grow spot bud! Hopefully you get to grow there again next year so you can grow some monsters!

Very nice ... wish I had them pots to work with for some of my veggies . LOL
My next season will be in 20 Gal pot's max. The biggest I have is in a 7 gal.
20190725 pic1.jpg

@Blazinjones Just a bud run. It would be fun to use some collodial silver and force the ladies to make some pollen sacks but I think I am just going to keep it basic for this season. I have a VERY reliable source for good genetics/clones, so I don't have to worry about seeds (and I have a ton of seeds as is already, ha!).

@StoneyMemoirs no worries I am happy to hear about any tips or potential issues I should be aware of. Russet Mites, the worst thing ever! I have dealt with them in the past, but they are big big trouble if I have them. I will have to find my loupe and check em out, but honestly with my 30x loupe, those buggers are still hard to find!

@TheGreenYeti Thanks, I am glad I was able to find a spot to grow as well, its such a stress reliving hobby, and plant in general. I don't think that I will be able to grow in this spot next year, as the area is slated for an urban renewal project and will be sold for development soonish. Really hoping to get though this season without any of those complications happening, so we shall see.

@Atomahawk 7 gallons can still be nice, as evidenced by your pic, nice looking tree!

@dr.h00k Cheers!

@Doc Bud Jealous of little ole me?! Well I hope to do the Godfather proud with these ladies!

Updated pics at the end of this week!

Happy growing y'all

-Vape

Plant update! Sorry it has been so long folks! I was hoping to update when flowering had really started to show, but we are just now seeing the first bit of flowering, so looks like a mid October harvest is what I am shooting for! The plants are doing great, but we did lose a large section of the Sunset Sherbert to a break ( which always sucks, but at least we have nice and big plants so we can afford a loss). Well without further a do, here are the ladies!

Sour banana Sherbert

Snoops Dream

Sunset Sherbert with middle missing due to break

And finally 9# hammer!

What do y'all think?

Happy Growing!

-Vape

Back
Top Bottom