4000 Watt Top-Feed Rec Grow Cubes Cap'n Style OG Kush

Good question sKyhigh there both used at the same time. In fact the air that flows thru the carbon hits the ozone next, then the two bulb ozone ( running on low. Which is only one bulb) then it goes thru 25' of ducting before it dumps outside smelling like a babys behind :)

Hey S1ingblade, you have inspired me so I just started a little hydro 'Cap'n' style....

DSCN15261.JPG

One question, should I get air pump/air stone for res? or is that not needed cause roots get enough o2 from being in airpot?

not to speak out of turn,crawdaddy

this is my 5th run with the capns method and I am finding that an air pump is not needed,like you said ,the roots are not in the water
one less electrical cord, I also believe that the water dripping back into the reservoir, causes its own "oxygenation" , altho I have no data to prove

I just noticed today that the reservoirs that had better airstones and or a better flow of air are staying MUCH cleaner and I think thats a good thing so I will keep blasting the totes with air.
Id love to not use one IF it didn't cause my totes from turning into a SWAMP!? I dunno maybe Ill try one of them airless one day but for now I can't afford to loose a tray.
Thanks all ya'll for visiting, Ive missed you

that's funny you say that , tonight was change night and I did notice that the solution was way darker than previous changes.

maybe it will depend on the amount of water in the reservoir? I only use 10-12 gal at a time
I love not hearing the air pumps

pm sent your way s1ng

IMHO don't buy Bubble Magic bubble bags. I should've spent another 20 bucks and bought the $140 dollar 9 bag set of "Payload" bags, $hit!
So yeah its awesome being able to be at home with sWeetP and our pups more BUT its hard and costly at the moment having to be at both until I finish up the last two trays. I am having a problem in the shed keeping temps up in the bloom but once my 18/6 is up and once I finish the two "Light Proof Vents" (thanks cap'n) it should help the bloom stay warm while lights are off. I was hoping the sun blasting on it all day would keep the building warm enough? NOT! it wasn't hardly over freezing if at all yesterday and when lights kicked ON at 7 it was high 40s. Too cold to thrive. All a part of dialing in a new project.
Hope all ya'll have an awesome Sunday and get used to the spring fwd. I can't stand Daylight Saving Time

So after more research (my fault) I have decided the best bags have to be the original bubble bags. Best price I could find was just over $250. I have a feeling Ill do the best I can with what I have and when my technique is there then spend more cash. UNLESS the company indeed honors their 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee. Im worried sending used bags is more risk than reward. I mean I already wasted 120 bucks no use giving the whole project away over that cost lol.
Someone will get a nice gift

IMHO don't buy Bubble Magic bubble bags. I should've spent another 20 bucks and bought the $140 dollar 9 bag set of "Payload" bags, $hit!
So yeah its awesome being able to be at home with sWeetP and our pups more BUT its hard and costly at the moment having to be at both until I finish up the last two trays. I am having a problem in the shed keeping temps up in the bloom but once my 18/6 is up and once I finish the two "Light Proof Vents" (thanks cap'n) it should help the bloom stay warm while lights are off. I was hoping the sun blasting on it all day would keep the building warm enough? NOT! it wasn't hardly over freezing if at all yesterday and when lights kicked ON at 7 it was high 40s. Too cold to thrive. All a part of dialing in a new project.
Hope all ya'll have an awesome Sunday and get used to the spring fwd. I can't stand Daylight Saving Time

9 BAGS!!!! Holy $hit man, I am happy with the 5 bag set-up I use. More than this seems a bit redundant as the difference in Microns isn't too far off. It just seems to me that the finer sized bag in my 5 bag set-up catches all the Trichs just as well. Oh well, just IMHO...

Cool vid Sl1ng! :thumb:
I've shot tons of video, but they never seem to make it online. The ones I've started to work on always have problems :blalol:
I like seeing how rooms are setup. Sure, buds are pretty and all, but every grow spaces is unique. Buds pretty much all look the same. haha

^^^What Hiker said!!! I love our sweet Mary J just as much as the next guy and I hope she forgives me for saying this, but they kinda alll do look alike save for deficiencies and what not. I too really like to check out other people's grow rig to see how the whole entire process is streamlined and how I would make it better if it were me. I gotta say tho s1ing, your room(s), I would not change a thing! Very well done sir!

Yep those are the ones, Id pass if I could go back and buy em again. Im sure I can get em to work to an extent. If I keep at it and get better maybe Ill get the real bubble bags brand, the best IMHO.
Yours look interesting seeing the whole bag is a screen?

Kool Video S1ng... Hey, that Electrical panel which I only could see for a few seconds, well it looked awesome. Where did you get that?

From this really cool, genius type guy lol

Cool vid Sl1ng! :thumb:
I've shot tons of video, but they never seem to make it online. The ones I've started to work on always have problems :blalol:
I like seeing how rooms are setup. Sure, buds are pretty and all, but every grow spaces is unique. Buds pretty much all look the same. haha

Would love to see what your up to. You still coming out this year?

^^^What Hiker said!!! I love our sweet Mary J just as much as the next guy and I hope she forgives me for saying this, but they kinda alll do look alike save for deficiencies and what not. I too really like to check out other people's grow rig to see how the whole entire process is streamlined and how I would make it better if it were me. I gotta say tho s1ing, your room(s), I would not change a thing! Very well done sir!

Thanks a lot Skybound, hows your grow growing?

i don't have one yet, i had to move out of town for a while for a job. if when i return home and am able to pinpoint a decent location to drop some beans, i will.

that's funny you say that , tonight was change night and I did notice that the solution was way darker than previous changes.

maybe it will depend on the amount of water in the reservoir? I only use 10-12 gal at a time
I love not hearing the air pumps

pm sent your way s1ng

I just finished a 4 plant tray. I used a 27gal tote with no air stone in it. When I don't use air, I see a little funk settle in the bottom of the res. Use the air stone and that funk stays more stirred up so you don't notice it as much. I've run them before Capn Style with no air. I have not noticed any penalty for doing so. I'm running another one now with no air, and I've run them in the past with no air. As long as roots are not dangling in the water, I don't see a problem with it. As soon as the pump kicks on and pumps the water thru the drip ring, it highly oxygenates the water The only thing to remember, it is important to always add your beneficial bacterial to the grow media at the base of the stalk. "bennies" will die in the res if there is no air.

That said, if you are running beneficials and don't mind the air pump, it's still better to go ahead and run it. Make sure you use check valves or keep the air pump above the res. If the power goes out, or you unplug an air pump, sometimes the air line will back syphon and flood your room. In my experience, if something bad CAN happen, it WILL happen, eventually!

So the problem with my right knee that qualifies me for a replacement is all fired up and aggravated today, sheesh I need to work not rest, got the knee brace on and its not helping. Damage is done I guess.
So I am about to spend some ca$h on a trimmer and was contemplating a higher end bowl type hand crank trimmer. Then I found one on the BIG auction site a 489 dollar trimmer called the trim reaper. I found an older post from KingJohnC re: a similar trimmer he purchased and I'm waiting on a reply.
I'll keep all ya'll posted and if I get one Ill do a video of how it really works.
Any ideas or URL's would be GREATly appreciated. I don't like the fan type that you rub the cola back and forth on

Back
Top Bottom