400W HPS 5x2 Closet

First grow journal. First personal grow although i'm somewhat knowledgeable.

I now have 4 plants. 2 are from random seeds (name it "big green") and 2 are Purple Kush clones i got from a dispensary.

Using Fox Farms Ocean forest soil.

I veg. them for 37 days under 400w MH with Fox Farms Grow Big although i used a light formula because it burned my plants slightly everytime.

Switched to 12/12 400w HPS one day ago. EconoWing reflector.

Purple Kush clones grew about 3 inches in the past week. Seeing good growth and results.

Now using Open Sesame, im using a light formula to ease the plant into it.

Light is now hanging about 20 inches from plants.

5 gallon short pot on BG and 5 gallon tall pots on Purple Kush.

average temperature is around 74, RH is 45-50

The metal thing on the right is a stand with a moving fan on top.

Flipped the sliding mirrors on the closet backwards so light is reflacted back better.

Some fly traps in the back to start preventing pests.

Let me know what ya'll think. Pics are crucial for feed back so i'll try to have some good ones. If you have any questions let me know.

p.s. im 50% one of the random seeds is a male plant. will probably get rid of soon when 100%/.

2 "big green" plants closest, purple kush furthest:
IMG_30251.jpg

2 "bg" plants:
IMG_30261.jpg

2 purple kush plants:
IMG_30272.jpg

tops of purple kush:
IMG_30282.jpg

Side silhouette:
IMG_30292.jpg

hey savordank(love the name), it's been pretty well documented in most grow bibles that mirrors eat lite rather than reflect lite. rosenthal,cevantes, frank,hans all agree that flat white is the best reflective surface. other than that, u're grow looks VERY nice. plants look healthy & on their way. good luck w/u're grow.

hey savordank(love the name), it's been pretty well documented in most grow bibles that mirrors eat lite rather than reflect lite. rosenthal,cevantes, frank,hans all agree that flat white is the best reflective surface. other than that, u're grow looks VERY nice. plants look healthy & on their way. good luck w/u're grow.

Good point. Otherwise the grow looks awesome. :cheer:

oh, one other thing. i don't know u're situation, but u might start looking for some odor control before u go into flower. that kush is gonna' STAAAANK!

oh, one other thing. i don't know u're situation, but u might start looking for some odor control before u go into flower. that kush is gonna' STAAAANK!

yah youre right.

Cutting vent holes is not an option. i got a landlord upstairs. window is on other side of bedroom. cant really seal off closet completely either due to need of ventilation.

ozone purifier? something that neautralizes or absorbs odors? any suggestions.

yeah,prolly. u're walking a tightrope, any way u go, 'cause a landlord can go into u're apartment any time to "check something"! gotta' give it to ya' savordank, u got some ROCKS!

Even one plant can totally stink up your whole appartment. Look into Ona gel. I haven't used it myself but I've seen many guys use it. It won't get rid of all the stink but it will neutralize much of it.

Even one plant can totally stink up your whole appartment. Look into Ona gel. I haven't used it myself but I've seen many guys use it. It won't get rid of all the stink but it will neutralize much of it.

I looked into it and i've decided Ona gel is my best option. I'll probably make my own odor control bucket like i've seen in some threads.

Thanks alot HempRocket that was awesome advice!

Some pic updates.

im starting to think bg 1 and 2 are male. oh well.... atleast they grew 3 inches in the past week.

meanwhile, pistils pop out and ccontinued to treat for mildew, got rid of leaves with few small spots and sprayed my plants right before the lights went out.

Theyre growing well. In the past week one purple Kush grew 2" and the other 3".

Sorry if some pics are upside down/ sideways, im too lazy to do anything about it now. but enjoy! :roorrip:

MALE????
IMG_30572.JPG

IMG_30563.JPG

IMG_30584.JPG

IMG_30593.JPG

Pistils Reaching Out on PK#2:
IMG_30602.JPG

Near the top of the Plant
IMG_30612.JPG

Bottom/Middle of plant:
IMG_3063.JPG

What Im using for Mildew problems, it may look like my leaves have discolored spots but its the mildew spray that dried with reflection of light:
IMG_30641.JPG

You're right brother, these look like male preflowers to me. However, it is still very early and you don't need to chop them down yet. Wait another day and you will be sure in the next 24-48 hours. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom