400W HPS 5x2 Closet

I think the fact some of the pictures are upside down makes the pre-flowers look more sack like than they really are...if you have Windows you should look into Microsoft Office Picture Manager to rotate & edit your pictures. Its a very easy program to use. :popcorn:

Day 9 flowering.

I confirmed that 1 BG plant is male.

But i saw some white pistils on the other BG at the top!! yay!

so i got rid of BG male.

Getting a little bit of Mylar from a friend sooon!

PICTURES!

Pretty sure its male:
IMG_30671.JPG

Male's root system:
IMG_30771.JPG

Purple Kush tops 9 days flowering:
IMG_30701.JPG

IMG_30751.JPG

How the closets looking now:
IMG_3080.JPG

Hey, I have a very similar setup...I have a 430 watt hps in a 5x2 closet. What are you doing about ventilAtio/temperature control? I can't seem to get mine below about 85 when the light is on. Inside temps are 70-ish throughout the rest of the house. I need to start veggin, but I gotta stay under the flouros til I.can get my temp.under control.

Thanks for any input!

Hey, I have a very similar setup...I have a 430 watt hps in a 5x2 closet. What are you doing about ventilAtio/temperature control? I can't seem to get mine below about 85 when the light is on. Inside temps are 70-ish throughout the rest of the house. I need to start veggin, but I gotta stay under the flouros til I.can get my temp.under control.

Thanks for any input!

WELL.... I did lots of small things to raise my temp steadily over time, i used to have the same problem, it would reach 85. I dont have any ventilation system.

*I always leave the closet doors cracked open. When im home halfway open. Also so stale air doesnt stay in the closet.

* i put a fan that blows air right thru the "hot zone" under the light. and try to get this air out the closet doors.

*put your pots straight on the floor. (on top of plastic or atleast some white trash bags.)

* Try to put a fan on the floor that blows air upwards.

My temp. stays between 71-77 during day depends on weather outside. Drops to 63 sometimes at night. RH 42-52. RH is 55-61 at night sometimes

Good luck!

Much of it depends on the RH of the air coming into your room. If the ambient RH is high, the RH in your grow room will be high. You an increase air circulation and exhaust (which might or might not help you) or you can buy a dehumidifier. The dehumidifier should work really well for your setup.

DAY 12 FLOWERING PHOTO UPDATE

So i got photos of some bud sites that are now noticeable. Today was last day I feed Open Sesame. Beastie Bloooomz next feed. now the bad news....

my BG plant seem to be doing ok but somewhat unhealthy. Some blades on leaves are curled down, i can curl them up also lol. im not too worried though.

PURPLE KUSH
A node or 2 down from the top:
IMG_31073.JPG

Top of PK1:
IMG_31111.JPG

=)
IMG_31121.JPG

Side Branch:
IMG_31132.JPG

BG plant:

IMG_31141.JPG

middle leaves are sad but photo is exagerated i think, also watered earlier.
IMG_31152.JPG

IMG_3117.JPG

Top of BG
IMG_31181.JPG

ALSO maybe its just waiting to pop with pistils, But that looks like a little football... Herm?
IMG_3120_copy1.jpg

hemp's right(as usual), hermies r usually caused by some form of stress. u're on 12/12 so it's not light.if u're feeding on manufacture's schedule u might back off the nutes a little. try to get rh a little lower, but i think the real problem is not enough fresh air. of course sometimes it's genetics. i'd pinch off the pollen sacks & give it some more time. good luck.

Day 17 UPDATE

Not the best pics i know.

Plants each grew an inch in the last week. Now 19" and 20".

I'm switching to Beastie Bloomz this weekend.

Not too sure on when to feed molasses. At same time as beastie bloomz? In the same water or mixed seperately?

Any tips,suggestions, advice, comments, are welcome especially on molasses.

I went to the hydro store and picked up a few things today:
  1. Panda Film
  2. Hi-Brix Molasses 1 Gal.
  3. Ona Gel Fresh Linen 1 Gal.
  4. Nice Scissors
  5. Florakleen Flush Solution 1 qt.
IMG_3126.JPG

How its looking now.
IMG_31292.JPG

I dont know why but my fan leaves seem to hang down alot more now. Maybe theyre too heavy? Theyre covering the entire bottom of the plant. Hangs on one plant alot more than the other. I dont like how theyre stacking closely on PK#2. Although its allowing the middle of the plant to get more light which isnt a bad thing.

IMG_31301.JPG

IMG_31311.JPG

Some smaller leaves have been curling a little and getting some yellow spots. Nothing major though.
IMG_31362.JPG

IMG_31371.JPG

IMG_31382.JPG

Lots of Bud sites:
IMG_31331.JPG

IMG_31342.JPG

IMG_31354.JPG

Will get more better close up photos of buds tomorrow.

What's good SavorDank?
Sorry about the hermie and the male but those are some nice lookin ladies you got there:) It must suck to have the landlord upstairs from you:goodluck: Funny thing is that we are the landlords here and we have to hide our grow from the other tenants:tokin: For smell the Ozone generators do work. I have one of those old living air purifiers that works pretty well, Ona gel works good too. The truth of it is a carbon filter is the way to go.

If you didn't get mylar yet you know you can get mylar emergency blankets from wally world or military surplus. I paid $2 when I got mine, I ended up getting a 10 x 10 sheet of panda plastic for $10 at the hydro shop. The stuff is called 2 Faced and would be more than enough for your space.

Be back later:popcorn:

Hey 52, I followed youre advice and went thru with some panda paper. stuff isnt too expensive. Although my space is much too small for an o3 generator and can actually be dangerous so im going with the Ona gel and will make my own odor bucket later. And soon will be adding a Mini-dehumidifier. Stay posted and thanks for stopping by

Right on! I like the panda myself cause it's easy to clean and easy installation just using thumb tacks.

Not too sure on the molasses thing, everyone has different applications. Some people feed every watering and some feed only with nutes. I checked out their website and could only find feed chart for Hi Brix Grow and Bloom nutrients, nothing about their molasses.

I made one of those ona buckets and they do work pretty good, I forgot about that til you just reminded me. I ended up giving it to a friend when I got my carbon filter. With that much ona I wouldn't be worried about the smell, you'll have enough to run that bucket for a while:)

My leaves get droopy like that after watering and sometimes if I let the pots get too dry, I try not to let them get that dry but it happens sometimes.

:peace:

Theyre too dry, i underwater rather than over water but i dont think theyre starving.

I'll keep researching molasses.

Back
Top Bottom