400W HPS Stealth Scrog Cabinet - Burkle (Bubba Kush x Purple Urkle)

chronicBJJ

Hi 420Mag forums!

I am fairly new to this forum, been lurking for a bit, but finally decided I'd post a journal. I usually do youtube vids, but decided to try the forums for a bit now, seem to get better conversations.

Equip:

*Roughly a 4ft x 3ft x 4ft Cabinet Converted
*6" inline fan 270cfm
*6" cooltube
*4" internal fan for circulation
*4" Organic Air Charcoal Fiber Filter - Modified with added Activated Carbon
*6" DIY Homemade Box Silencer (for Inline fan)
*Stucco screen for Scrog
*3.5" intake fan made with PC Fan and 12v DC adapter
*400 Watt MH/HPS - Super Eye Hortilux
*2 x 90w UFO LED for Veg (cheap ebay)
*1 68w CFL (2700k) - side light Flowering
*1 23w CFL (6700k) - side light Vegging
*1 Homebox XS Tent for Veg

Nutrients
*Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
*GH FloraNova Grow
*GH FloraNova Bloom
*Grandma's Unsulphered Molasses
*Humboldt's Own Gravity
*Humboldt's Own Purple Maxx
*Superthrive
*Advanced Florticulture Seaweed Bloom (For Tea and Foliar Feed)
*Sea Bird High Phosphorus Guano (For Tea)
*Worm Casting with Kelp+Volcanic Rock (For Tea)

Strain

*3 x Burkle (bubba kush x purple urkle)
*1 x Unknown Blueberry cross
*1 x DNA Genetics Lemon Skunk Female Seedling

Description:

I purchased these clones from a reputable Dispensary in Long Beach, CA. They looked like fresh rooted clones and were very small. I found this strain when trying to search for a purple strain, but something that is also crossed with something potent and specifically mostly Indica. To my surprise I found the two of my fav buds crossed with each other. I went to the dispensary and looked at the dried bud of that strain and it smelled and looked great!

This is the first Scrog that I have done due to small space, I want to try to maximize my yield. I Vegged them for only 15 or so days, they were small when going into flower, but did this due to time issues. I currently have a mother plant and a few clones going which will be vegged for a much longer period and my next grow should have a much bigger yield.

This run will just be to see how this strain is.... (fawk i am stoned, typing is hard LOL..mmm OG KUSH)

I basically gutted out an old cabinet and painted the inside white. Here are some pics.

IMG_058910.JPG
Cabinet

IMG_059312.JPG
Cabinet Open

IMG_05947.JPG
IMG_05958.JPG
IMG_05968.JPG
IMG_05976.JPG

IMG_05985.JPG
My Veg Tent

IMG_05929.JPG

My DIY Homemade Silencer
IMG_05906.JPG
My DIY Homemade Silencer Top View

---------------

Any questions or comments/Suggestions feel free to hit me up! Thank you for viewing the page and keep it STONEYYYY :roorrip:

Thanks! I did a lot of trimming of lower branches and trimmed off a lot of fan leaves. Looks a lot more thinned out and better air flow going on.. Tied down a few of the taller colas. The canopy isnt as full as it should be, but it is even so its all good. This Burkle seems like a low yielder, Maybe I should start looking around for a higher yielding strain...hmmmmmm

Good luck with your grow! What did you use to make your silencer if i may ask? I am setting up my bloom room this weekend and am sure i'm gonna need to do the same. 4in. fan for me. Big difference?

Thanks guys!

groggy scroggy chronic that ish looks setup pretty well i hope u dont have heating issues if thats oak
thspot: No heating issues so far, although I am anticipating for it to get very hot soon, I am in southern california. The inline fan is doing a good job sucking out the heat, but when it gets hotter I plan on freezing a 2 gallon or gallon jug of water and placing it inside my grow can while the intake fan blows on it

Good luck with your grow! What did you use to make your silencer if i may ask? I am setting up my bloom room this weekend and am sure i'm gonna need to do the same. 4in. fan for me. Big difference?
HeadxKase: The silencer I used basically a shipping box that I received from amazon after receiving an order. Basically any cardboard box thats bigger than your fan will work. I used the stucco wire mesh aka wire lath and sized it to fit the 6" diameter. Then basically just wrapped it with a thick towel. Then stuffed it in the box and duct taped all the open areas. Pretty ghetto but it works. I don't know if a 4" will be louder or quieter but if it's too loud for you, I'm sure the silencer will help a bit. Basically it muffles the sound and you don't have the windy higher pitch noise.

I just found out this strain is crossed with a pre-98 bubba kush, if you don't know, that means quality will be good, but yield will be shit. I am very sad LOL... With that said I stuck in my mom plant and took some clones just in case... I think I will be growing a big yielder next grow. Hopefully I can get my hands on something like Serious Seeds Chronic or something similar! Will post pics soon.

Update - These ladies are about week 2 flower, I threw a mini Burkle mom/teen in there after taking some cuttings from it, after finding out this strain may be a low yielder I put it in there to get as much bud as possible. I also have a small blueberry cross indica in a smaller pot that I threw in there, not sure if it's female yet.

Temps are about 78-82F in there, I have lights on during the night, hopefully it will not be too hot end of July....

IMG_05999.JPG
IMG_06006.JPG
IMG_06018.JPG
IMG_06026.JPG

Just a quickie update. The ladies are now day 18 flower. These girls are super slow growers, the pre98 bubba genes and urkle genes arent helping with that either. But starting to frost up nicely, Never seen frost start forming on fan leaves this early before. Anyhow, here some pics.

Fed it some worm casting tea which I brewed for a couple days, using worm castings, sea kelp and molasses including some guano... the girls love it!

I've also created a homemade cooler to bring the temps down, basically froze a 2 gallon jug of water and cut holes on top and stuck my intake fan to it, works like a charm, just need to stick it in the freezer every day before lights turn on.

IMG_06089.JPG

IMG_06077.JPG

IMG_06067.JPG

IMG_06059.JPG

IMG_06045.JPG

IMG_06034.JPG

Hi 420Mag forums!

I am fairly new to this forum, been lurking for a bit, but finally decided I'd post a journal. I usually do youtube vids, but decided to try the forums for a bit now, seem to get better conversations.

---------------

Any questions or comments/Suggestions feel free to hit me up! Thank you for viewing the page and keep it STONEYYYY :roorrip:

No Comparison this site is awesome, stay off youtube....Way too many experts with an attitude and a keyboard!! The average Joe with a rude comment doesn't put in the time on this site...

BTW i am showing my gf your setup right now so she can see how incognito this can be..Thanks for sharing

No Comparison this site is awesome, stay off youtube....Way too many experts with an attitude and a keyboard!! The average Joe with a rude comment doesn't put in the time on this site...

BTW i am showing my gf your setup right now so she can see how incognito this can be..Thanks for sharing

RiverRasta: Thanks, although youtube helps getting some referrals for attitude seed bank, made about 100 bucks lol... also i was in the same, wife did not want me to grow because she didn't want to let ppl know about it, but I told her how stealth it could be so she was ok with it.

Great idea with the frozen jug, how much are your temps effected and does the bottle leak or anything? Awesome grow im subbed bro:popcorn:

The bottle doesnt leak, just the condensation from it being cold, so I just laid a old t-shirt under it. It brings the temps down about 4-5 degree's which is awesome. Since the intake is in the lower corner inside the grow cab, I blocked it with just some cardboard and pointed the air flow to my fan, the fan will take the cold air and circulate it over the tops.

Explain this Attitude seed bank referrel thang to me ? lol I did my own research and attitude IMO is the best, safest most reliabe seed bank outside the US

Explain this Attitude seed bank referrel thang to me ? lol I did my own research and attitude IMO is the best, safest most reliabe seed bank outside the US

Basically you sign up right on their website as an affiliate, then you get your own referral link, etc etc.. I think you can find it right on their website, It's pretty cool...

I smoked some madman OG earwax from a dispensary, also some of my personal lemon skunk buds, pretty damn tossed upppp :lot-o-toke:

some pics cuz I was bored, used iphone 4, but actually have a nice camera which I am not using because, i am high and feeling lazy (indica kinda guy)

IMG_06115.JPG

IMG_06106.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom